Thread: Those who are out? Any regrets?

Banned Read only

Those who are out? Any regrets?

Or was it the best thing you did?

Yes I am! No I don't! Yes it is!
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

Re: Those who are out, any regrets?

My only regrets about being "out" (irrespective of assorted risks past experienced)...is not having the wisdom and temerity (when I was still a teen) to have fully come "out" then... Can't recoup all the denied past life potential.

J.

Those who are out , any regrets

Well and truly out, none whatsoever, Stephanie has truly come of age and found herself without a doubt

Steph
    [size=3]Le Bleu Angel[/size]

Departed
    I'm out to the family, not my doing, which forced me into damage control. I resent not having control over being outed and am saddened by my son's alienation as well as that of some of my family and friends. If I had to do it over again, I would have found a spouse who could handle this without needing to discuss it with anyone she felt 'needed to know'. There was no malice on her part, just an inability to handle this on her own.

Was the best thing that I did. No more hiding, feeling guilty and ashamed. I suppressed this side of myself for way too long and damn Stacie is not going back into the closet!

Aspiring Member
    Hello Heathr ..........Regrets?, only that I didn't do it many years ago and saved living most of my life as a lie.
    When I did "come out", around six years ago now I had no choice.
    All of my life from my earliest memories I have always known that I didn't "fit in" with the world, that being male was wrong for me. I did all the right things that a boy was susposed to do, everything I did was to try and fit in with my physical gender, however I knew at every step of the way I was not doing what I really wanted to do. I was not being me, I was simply trying to live as I was expected too, by family, friends, and society as a whole.
    The pressure of living a lie, a false life came to a head and I had two choices, I could end my exsistance and escape the pain or I could stop the pretence and face the consequences of being true to my nature, my mind and soul.
    I chose the second option, It was not easy and it still isn't but it's getting better and little by little family and people who know me are accepting this different kind of female..............I'm getting there slowly.

So no regrets, it saved my life.

love mand xxx

Smile out?

out-yes
    regrets-no
    best thing-yes.
    Like several of the girls have stated I wish I had started when I was a teenager and passed sooo much easier.

I am out to only three people, my wife, her sister and my daughter. Not only are there no regrets but I am glad to be out to them. So yeah, best thing that ever happened!

Natalie's Response is...

Out: I have only told my 'lil sis.
    Regrets: A little to early to tell, but does not seem likely!
    Best thing: YES. As I stated before in other posts/my blog I had known for a while it was hurting me emotionaly and was hoping for acceptance but really just needed to stop hidding that part of me if even to only one person.

I will be telling more of my family and maybe somefriends when timing is right.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

I,m happy too! I dont dress 24/7 but when I do I am comfortable around most people.

.......Melissa............
    We have to weather the storm before we can enjoy the sunshine

I'm out to my wife. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. It would have saved me alot of repressed anger and stress. I feel so much happier now. It was like I was hauling around a bag of bricks before. I could never go back, in fact my wife worries more when I don't dress than when I do.

May

Banned Read only
    I'm out to my parents brother and sisters and my ex-wife knows (a little worried about that one) Other then that i'm in the closet still.
    My family is supportive. Its not like i'm a gang member, doing drugs or in jail.

regrets?

"Regrets? I've had a few,
    But then again, too few to mention.(macho?, not me!)
    I did what I had to do
    And saw it through without exemption."

lost my best friend(male) of 20 years , but made many more friends after coming out to everyone. NO MORE LIES! the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders!

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    out over 9 years now, everywhere but work,,, no regrets,,,, probably not the best thing i've ever done, at least not yet, but pretty damn close and doo wish i could've come out when young

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Out- Yes

Regrets-No

I am going to add another catagory though.

Problems- Yes

While I have no regrets about coming out, I am verry happy I did, it has created problems. It is amazing how stressed and crazy some people can be over something they havnt seen, but just know about. Our families have taken it upon themselves to worry endlessly after finding out about my being TG. Bunny and I just keep telling them its not a problem.
    Also another issue is loss of control when those you come out to decide to tell others. For the most part I dont mind, but I would at least like to have a little warning. I hate to be blindsided with questions from people I wasn't aware that knew.

Still all in all I would do it again. I just dont want others to see only the rosy side of it.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

No regrets whatsoever. I'm learning to love who I am. Completely.

Ericka Jean
    Existence is futile.

GypsyKaren
    Seemed like the thing to do at the time, and I don't believe in regrets anymore.

GypsyKaren

Regrets? Yeah, some. Many more people know about me than I would have preferred, but it hasn't been as bad as I anticipated.
    And -- even with this regret -- coming out is still something that was the right thing to do for me.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Honestly, i'm not fully out to everyone, but the experience has been overwhelmingly positive, which shows that i really know how to pick my friends. i've even met more friends because they wanted to help me out. Most of them, i never had to explain CDing was separate from homosexuality, either. It's been wonderful.

Still, i know i can't come out to my parents (i have came out to my sister) because although my mom might accept it, she would tell my dad, and he would convince her not to be okay with it, and as when i was neopagan, and later agnostic, try to solve the problem with a heavy does of salted Baptist church.

im just sorry i dint start a bit younger

Out - yes for over 10 years now

Regrets - being in the closet in the first place

Best thing - definately

Since I came out (even though it was forced) I have in my opinion, become a better person. My confidence has increased, my female look has improved, I feel liberated.

I was once a young caterpillar crawling along life's highway, then I realised I was different so I wrapped myself in a cacoon. Now I have emerged a beautiful butterfly and I have spread my wings and flown.

Sue_donim
    Hugs Sue Donim

I think therefore I am.

Integrity (being true to you own values and beliefs) goes hand in hand
    with personal responsibility (accepting the consequences of your own
    actions).

Out--Yes to family and to a number of friends. I try to be discreet as to who might know. I use the adage that I tell those that have a need to know.

Regrets--No. As others have said, just wish I had done this 40 years ago and not 6 years ago. It would have saved me much pain, guilt and temperament problems.

Can't say for sure whether it's the best thing or not, but it has worked for me.

Jodi

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    Any regrets... split two ways here.

1: I wish I'd had the courage to stand up for myself years ago, and admit I like dressing.

2: If I had come out years ago, I wouldn't have fallen under this forum. This is one hell of a support group.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

I am out to my wife,no more hiding my stash,no more worrying about getting caught,no more lies.My only regret,like many have said,is not doing it sooner.I have all of my sisters to thank for giving me the courage to come out.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla