Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love dressing and can't stop.

I love dressing and can't stop.

I've tried to stop. Many times. I keep dressing and love it! I haven't purged for awhile and I believe that's a positive sign. Purging gets expensive and it wastes clothing..., among other things like self-respect. I guess what I am trying to say is how much I just wish to express myself as Sherry. Hiding can be a bitch and I'd like to think I'm not one even though I probably am capable of it. I have hidden myself for too many years and maybe it's just time to be what I need to be? I don't know but I'd like to find out.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I think it's time for you to take a step outside.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Then I guess you should feel at home here.

This is an excellent site to share ideas and thoughts on the subject. I tried to fight who I was for many years. It is a learning experience. Welcome, you should find many friends here. I have learned a lot here, and hope to learn much more as the years go by. Amazing how the internet exposes that not only are you not alone, but you have a lot of company.

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    I think it's time for you to take a step outside.

I could have written your post because it sound just like my story. I have kept it bottled up for so long and it sounds like you have, too. It's painful and, you are right, we can't stop. Unfortunately, loved ones can stop loving us and our lives can be turned upside down because of it. Thank God for the internet. I spent the better part of my life thinking I was the only one.

consider this that big kick in the butt to get you out the door. Go ahead and make the leap. Nobody bites on the other side except maybe me.
    Michelle

good for you -- i am not quite there yet but i do wonder when that time will come because i think it will

Sherry, you are going through what I went through in 2005-6, I finally went to an enfemme getaway and I have not turned back since then, now I am out and about enfemme everywhere, I am soooo glad I finally took that first step out the closet. I love the freedom to dress as I prefer, it is hard to describe the feeling, all I can say it is refreshing, uplifting, and a sense of belonging as my femme self.
    It is time to step out the front door, by going to an enfemme convention or getaway, or come to Vegas during a crosssdressing event.

It's a big and scary step sometimes...but an important step to make. Just take small steps...How do you eat an elephant??? One bite at a time.... and you are right purging is costly in terms of self respect as well as in tangibles. I suggest walking slowly...and don't look back. A crossdressing convention is an excellent idea. Now get out there and enjoy life!!

Quote Originally Posted by sherryleigh View Post
    I've tried to stop. Many times. I keep dressing and love it! I haven't purged for awhile and I believe that's a positive sign. Purging gets expensive and it wastes clothing..., among other things like self-respect. I guess what I am trying to say is how much I just wish to express myself as Sherry. Hiding can be a bitch and I'd like to think I'm not one even though I probably am capable of it. I have hidden myself for too many years and maybe it's just time to be what I need to be? I don't know but I'd like to find out.
    Sherryleigh,

I've gone through the purging stages like others have, but stopped years ago. Only downside to that -- now my closet is too full! Time for Goodwill to get rid of some of the old stuff, I guess.

Like others have said -- go for the out and about!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

[SIZE=4]The next time you feel like purging, box up everything and ship it to yourself. By the time the box comes home you will feel better and realize that you could have used the cost of shipping for some nice clothes..[/SIZE]
    Last edited by tamarav; 06-03-2010 at 06:45 AM. Reason: can't spill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by sherryleigh View Post
    Hi Neighbor, I would think that by now you have learned that it is nearly impossible to stop. Not only from your personal experience with purging, but perhaps from reliable sources on the topic and fro the many threads here.
    Myself, cross dressing was a rather hit and miss thing up until my mid twenties. I never really had a wardrobe until I came out to my then girlfriend and began learning just what and who I was. She later became my wife and we spent 10 good years together until her passing in 1984. Since then, I have always had a wardrobe. My next wife was also very supportive and we spent 19 years together before we divorced.

My now SO knew of my dressing from day one since we met at a site for those into Dominant/submissive relationships, which we are with her being dominant.
    But still, I understand your struggle. Many times I had wished I could just give it up. However, I have never really purged; Just put it all away for a time.
    As for hiding. Well it is smart if it will effect your employment or relationships with friends and family to consider. However, I do not hide from close friends and it is refreshing to know they know and love/like me anyway.

I don't know if you are considering transition and being out 24/7 as a female, or if you are talking about just coming out more to either friends or family as a cross dresser. Either way, I hope you find some peace and happiness with your fem side. Should you just need a few friends that know and accept, please do not hesitate to contact me. I'm always looking to make new friends.

Hi Sherry,that is how I feel.I have purged a few times,wife found my clothes twice! I have replaced all the clothes,shoes and bought my first wig last December another one in April,my first jewelry last week.I love dressing and cannot stop.I quit trying to fight it,and now enjoy it! I have been reading posts on this site for about a year now and finally became a member this month.Everyone's story is so much like mine,this is such a great place! I also felt alone like other girls here,before I discovered this site!Enough of my rambling...........Jamie

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I too love crossdressing and can't stop.
    Glad we all have this forum for advice and support.
    Good luck!

I love CDing, and have no plans to stop. Back in 2002, when I first did it, it was a once in awhile stress-reliever. Now, it's an every minute of every day I possibly can thing. Love it! Will never purge.

I haven't been on here long, but, I am sooo with you. I purged many times.. (I wish i hadn't) and now I cant bring myself to part with anything. I have been doing this now on and off since I was 5, now I am 38 and can't NOT dress. Does any of this make since?

Aspiring Member
    I fought it for years untill my ex wife outed me after all the embressment and bs It feels good to be me dress daily in panties bra and female jeans which I just say or mine

Hi Sherry,

I know we all are different and I can only speak fro myself, but what you are saying is me all over a several years ago. I have retired now and am self employed so making a living is not so much an issue.

I have to tell yea. coming clean with myself was so liberating. After I became totally honest with myself, and realized that being a person that enjoys the same things women enjoy (and that it is OK to do that) It was like lifting a lead weight from my chest!

I hope you can get to that point.

Good luck and live today for yourself, there may not be a tomorrow, and if there is and you didn't you will regret it for life.

me too - I absolutely love it and do it everyday in a 'not too girly" way so my wife will accept it - I would just love to be fully enfemme every day - do you think the day will ever come when we all can dress as we really want whenever and wherever we want to ? - I keep hoping - Ellen

Platinum Member
    obviously, you're in the right place. to varying degrees, we have all been exactly where you are.

Hello Sherry!
    I have been dressing almost all of my life and getting out and about for the last two years. Going out does have the problem that it makes you think you are fully capable of dressing and being a female person each and every day. If anything it made me want to dress all the time. That was very difficult for my wife to take in. The experiences and the dream of dressing all the time is great...the reality of having a male centered life makes for a tug of war.
    Charlie

a few say" fighting the feeling" and talk about purges , (been ther done it ) take it from me why fight the feeling as what is said again and agin in various threads is we are what we are
    took me 30+ years and this site site + a few purges to realise just who i am and what i like but i am still traveling the path .From my experince i would say "get out there girl " i cant believe what ever held me back as yes its a big step but once taken belive me the steps get smaller all the time.its easier than you think .

good luck

[SIZE="4"]Nothing smells as sweet as the fresh air of freedom.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I also love dressing and i've purged a number of times, even now i've stopped for a while. I just wish I could find someone who understands me.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Since the day my First marriage ended I've loved dressing,It was enhanced even more when my Lovely Wife came into my life.Get out there Sherry and have a ball,theres so much fun to be had out there

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson