Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you LOVE your MALE self?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy_Bella View Post
    I think you should be comfortable with yourself as a whole, to be complete and to dis like a gender role that you share is not complete.
    That's not a bad description of dysphoria
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Ok so here is where this question came from. I was chatting with a GG and she asked me "how do you expect your SO to LOVE you if you do not love yourself as a man?" I thought it was a pretty good question.

I feel I do love most parts of my male self "the one that the world knows, but when it comes to hiding parts of me that make me Keri, it bothers me. simply because I cannot be totally honest with my feelings and how it affects who I am and who I want to be. Even I can't figure out who I want to be all the time.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Could explain why I was unable to find love whilst I was in denial
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I do love myself. As Eddie Izzard put it once, I feel like "a complete boy plus half a girl".

Hello Keri!
    I know exactly what you are saying. My wife loves me, but not the crossdressing part at all. She refers to Charlie as if she is some hussy that is someone I'm with besides her. At the same time I can't wait to dress and get out and be Charlie. It is a strange would we live Keri.
    Charlie

For me they are two seperate entities...So I guess I deal with each individually.

Do I love me?

To be perfectly honest there are times that I absolutely hate the male me, and Makaila as well. Male me can be incredibly cruel, arrogant, and a bit of a d#@$. Makaila is sometimes too sensitive and naive about the world.

But on the other hand, male me is always willing to throw himself on the proverbial grenades, and Makaila can be a bit of a b@#ch when she needs to be.

I feel everyone has some aspect of their personality they would like to work on, I just so happen to have . . . a few personalities to work on

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]We like each other just fine. He's got a bigger wardrobe than me, but mine is way sexier, and I'm catching up. CDing is more like a hobby to me rather than an obsession or driving force. That keeps it easy to handle and in balance.[/SIZE]

I love my male self. I also love my female self. When I look in the mirror, I see a good looking guy and when I'm dressed up a hot, fierce chick! My personality stays the same but I think I'm a lot more feminine when I'm dressed up. I am a feminine acting gay man, but I'm more free with my mannerisms when I'm a woman.
    Another big difference is the perks that come from me being my female self. People talk to me more, and show me much more attn, guys hit on me when I'm a female. My social life improves and I often leave with phone numbers from men and women.

I really don't like my male side,I am irritable,short tempered,and not happy.I feel totally different when dressed. Happier,more tolerant,more at peace.I am married with kids,so for now have to live with being both.

This is a difficult question for me... I have not loved my male self. He has been in conflict with Deborah.... Deborah wants to be first.... yet as a crossdresser (somewhat transgendered) I know that I must switch back and forth. I have work to do to be more loving, empowering... and to fully have BOTH sides, male and female....
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Member in Training SusanLeigh3454's Avatar
    This is a difficult question for everyone here. I look at the girls who have transitioned with celebrity status and wonder if I have the strength to endure what they have been through. If I loved my male self, would I have such envy for those who have grown in this process.

It depends on what I'm doing in normal drab I dont like my male self. I have become tolerant of him. Very confused at times the more time I spend as Ann.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

In a word? No! Yes! Well, maybe!?

But, why is THAT so important!?

Sherry puts up with me no matter HOW much of an a----hole I am!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Though he's not about much I have to say am happy with the Male part of me,he is a good Father,an Attentive Husband and loving Son.Sure he can be a pain in the a** sometimes but hey! he's not perfect LOL

I just have this most incredible other side to me,thats a Damn fine loving,woman who shares that life and all it's Joys.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Well some very good and honest answers have been answered. The point that was being given to me when I thought about this was in order to be truly loved one most first love themselves.
    But the more I think about this is what I lack in love for my male side I have that love in my female side.
    Now I just have to figure out how to express the love I have for my female self when I am in my male mode. The trick I think to accomplishing this is I have to be true to myself without upsetting the ones that I truly love. HMMMMMMM?

I'm very happy to say that when I look in the mirror I now only see the woman I am looking back. Thank goodness "he" is gone forever. "He" gave me 2 beautiful children, a good job, and a very few good memories but precious little else.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

A long time ago I was completely convinced that I wanted mto make the transition and live as a female. I thought I had all the traits of being a ts except I love being a guy and doing guy things.

Well, that ends that.

Once I realized that I would give up everything I enjoy about being a guy, I realized that hormones or surgeries were not for me. Nor was I prepared to deal with the challenge of telling family & friends, I love them too much.

Novel thought that was. Soul-searching did me good. All I can say is the cliché line of I'm just me. I can't speak for anyone else. Just please let it be known that if you are someone that doesn't love ore like your male self and want to make a transition, I support you 100%.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-01-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerigirl2009 View Post
    Ok so here is where this question came from. I was chatting with a GG and she asked me "how do you expect your SO to LOVE you if you do not love yourself as a man?".
    "loving" is a word with a lot of weight.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I love myself no matter what I present as!

I do not like my male side i wish i was born the women i meant to be, stuck in a mans body

Word of the day: Sinusoidal

I go through emotional cycles and associated self esteem is sinusoidal. Not a deep manic-depressive, but certainly shallow. On the up swings I'd say I like myself. But most of the time no and the deeper depressions can be tough. I do the self talk and self evaluations to try and pull myself back up.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

It is complicated in some ways!

In hindsight, my approach to almost everything was complicated by the mixture of genders within. Five years ago we started to understand the genders inside by separating them into the masculine me...and Tina. I have to say that once the two were understood, I immediately loved the male me! After five years of trying to understand who Tina is, I think I've come around to loving her, now that I understand her. When I thought I was only male she used to complicate my life, but now we've straightened that out!

The only problem with my male self is that his life is still so complex that there really isn't the kind of time the Tina really needs. My wife even noticed enough to ask if Tina was jealous of all the "him" time. So, my male self would be just terrific if he'd lose a bit more weight and then give Tina some more time

tina

I do not like my male self. When I look in the mirror and see my male self I hurt inside. when I see my self in female mode I am content. leaving out looking good of course on either side.

I hate my male side!