Thread: Rollerblading at the Beach

Rollerblading at the Beach

Thanks to all of you who replied to my previous post. Taking you at your word that I wasn't violating anyone's rights, I decided to go rollerblading at the beach this evening (after shopping and purchasing 5 pieces of women's clothing at Goodwill today) while dressed in female clothing and underwear, some makeup, but not a wig.

Rollerblading at the beach while presenting totally as a female has been something that I wanted to do for quite awhile. So, I selected my outfit. I wore a pair of hip-hugger shorts (they came to just above my knee), an American Eagle girl's tee, a short sleeve lacy shirt that I kept unbuttoned, my bra and forms (A+ cup size), wig, make-up, and my femme glasses.

I arrived just before dusk. Parking was a problem because I neglected to consider the Memorial Day weekend. Now did I know about the free concert or that 7 or 8 bar/restaurants had bands, as well. Sundays are usually pretty quiet. Backing out of my plan occurred to me, but I said no way!

I found a parking place at the southern end of the boardwalk, put my skates on, put money in the meter, put my ear buds in and turned on my MP3 player, and took off. This is, normally, a busy beach in the daytime but, relatively, quiet in the evenings. There are a lot of restaurants and bars. The boardwalk (it is really asphalt and brick pavers) is 2 miles long with an additional mile of restricted access roadway added on.

With little caution or hesitation, I began my skate to the north end. At the end where I began it was still, somewhat, light out and there were a surprising amount of people about. They were walking, sitting, skating, biking, playing volleyball, or eating and drinking in a a restaurant. It got much more crowded about a mile into my skate. As I said there was a free concert. It was very well attended. I was in a crowd, throng, hoard, host...take your pick. I was not invisible, either. I even stuck around with the crowd and listened to one song.

Continuing north, I encountered a section of the beach where there are numerous restaurants...and they were packed. People were, literally, everywhere. And, I was right there with them. The crowd was so large that I had to skate, for awhile, at the pace of the pedestrians as it was too crowded to get by or through them. And, I skated to the end and beyond and back.

My skate was about 5+ miles and I was out there at least an hour-and-a-half. Just as I skated by one bar/restaurant the patrons in unison began screaming ole, ole, ole. I guess I must have looked good or Guatemala scored a goal in their game.

I'm sure that I was read by some, but most didn't pay much attention to me. I intentionally tried to skate near older teenage girls and young women and tried to make eye contact with some. I really never heard any laughter that I could attribute to my passing their way. Other than it was rather warm, it was a great experience and one that I would repeat. I felt free.

On the drive home I was very thirsty. So, I began practicing my best female voice in the car and stopped at a Burger King and ordered a Diet Coke (that's what the girls I know drink) at the drive-through. I paid a young girl, received my drink, and was wished a good night. That is a major first! Oh, I forgot, I, also, stopped and bought gas for my car at a moderately busy station. It was pay at the pump, but people saw me. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Cheryl James; 05-31-2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Added more information

Sounds like a blast. Wish I was there.

What a nice time you had, Cheryl. How did you deal with the makeup & perspiration issue? That is something that has been holding me back from being more active in girl mode.

Thanks for writing!

xo,
    Donna

[SIZE="4"]You go Girl! You did it![/SIZE]

I am so proud of you. You were scared like the rest of us, but you finally had interaction with people. Now go out to eat. You are ready for a nice sit down meal. Maybe tomorrow when the crowd dies down so you will feel more comfortable. You need a good daytime skate as well.

Don't miss a thing on your bucket list. The world is waiting to see you. You have completely broken the chains which kept you in the closet for far too long.
    Michelle

Cheryl,

What an evening for you. I am really proud of you for sticking to your plan after seeing the crowds around.

You must be a good skater to be able to go at the crowd's pace and maneuver around people.

When I was in college at one of the Seven Sisters, our soda machines in the basement had like one Coke, one Sprite, eight Diet Coke...

I've done the Florida rollerblading thing in denim short shorts and panties (shaved legs of course)but that's as far as that's gone.

You go girl!!

Go Girl !!!

Glad to hear you had a great time. Us girls would like to see some pics next time.
    Happy skating,
    Melissa

Love to skate as Rogina as well..

Moving to S Florida in July and looking forward to skates along the beach.I go with light makeup and a wig that I don't mind having to wash afterwards. It is fun to get past people and leave them trying to figure out "what" it was that just went by!

and there you have it!!!

you are now officially addicted

The avvy pic isn't me
    Thanx for sharing your outing (pun definitely intended) with us Cheryl, inspiring indeed. As said, i see no reason for you not to try a meal or even shopping. mj (Cassie)