Thread: My Experience W/ Synthetic Estro

My Experience W/ Synthetic Estro

Late last week there was a spirited conversation about synthetic/organic harmones. I was a bit disappointed at the comments that they do nothing to effect gender. I started thinking about my experience and have been trying to resist the temptation to comment because all the scientific studies say there is no effect. But, I can't resist any longer.

So the first thing I'll say is that I'm not a scientist and have no big research staff so what I'm going to say is just my opinion based on experience. It applies to me and maybe no one else on the planet.

I started trying OTC stuff for hot flashes two years ago. No decerable effect. I'd heard about black cohash and tried it. Hum, started to notice some sensativity in my nipples but also realized that mine have alway been sensative from time to time. I've never regarded this as "normal" for males and really enjoyed the feeling when ever it happened, which was rare, maybe once every two months.

After a month or so I realized that that wonderful feeling, that constant awareness of my feminine parts, didn't go away. So I continued. I began to also notice some other changes. Not big, but changes. I began to have real definition in my breasts where they're supposed to be. I can't tell you how much I loved that.

And, all of a sudden one day I realized that my testies were shrinking. Now I've been told by more than one "observer" that I had the biggest set they'd ever seen, or felt I guess. These comments were made by folks w/ experience of both genders (yea, I'm bi, or used to be, haven't been w/ a guy in over a year....no desire). So when I noticed they were about half their normal size I though sure it was the BC.

For some other medical reasons I decided to quit (to complicated to get into here). In no time (two weeks) my wonderful nipples had gone quiet and I notice that I was totally flat chested again. And one morning in the shower, those big ole boys were back in fighting trim and doing their job if you get my drift.

About a month ago I decided that my original alarm at the "side effect" had been misplaced and I started again. It took no time to regain the feminine feeling (in my little boobies) and the male glands have gone back to shadows of their former selves.

I doubt that I'll ever get to the full A cup I dream about. I have to be careful that my desire doesn't prejudice my observations. It just seems that the clevege I've developed is worth the effert so I won't be giving up again.

Would I love to got thru HRT? You bet. But right at the moment the theropy cost just isn't in the cards.

So, what I plan to do is stick w/ the BC, continue to let my hair grow (I have this terrific stylist who I let in on my little secret who has a plan to give it a more feminine look....she's doll), paint my toe nails, practice my make up skills, and generally enjoying being the lady I've alway wanted to be.

In spite of the fact that synthetic harmones have no effect.

How much does it cost a month?

Very interesting

It is important to also reduce testosterone. There are herbs and drugs that do this. Some people may have low testosterone already, and not need to reduce it further. Overall, I think the success rate for males is much higher, because females trying to increase estrogen are doing so because they are smaller than average, due to a low estrogen response. Even if the success rate is low, it is worth trying when considering alternatives.

Silver Member
    Cost should not be used as an excuse to use OTC drugs. Prescription hormone therapy, because it is produced in such HUGE quantities, is cheap, cheap, cheap. Far less than what imitation hormones cost at the health food or vitamin store.

The title is misleading. Black cohash is not a "synthetic" anything. It is Actaea racemosa, a naturally existing plant in Eastern North America. "Synthetic Estro" is like Estradiol, Estrone, etc (basically anything that is manufactured, actual estrogen that is not bio-identical or taken from animals like premarin is).