Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slips

My essientals right now are dresses, tights, bikini tops and bottoms, panties, and
    the tights that die meaning get runs or holes become knee highs, plus I make my
    own mini skirts out of mens shorts.
    Barbie Girl in a Barbie World
    "loves tights"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I too love the feeling of wearing slips under dresses and skirts, it’s so feminine.
    I have about 7-8 mostly Vanity Fair. One navy and one red Shadowline that I treasure.
    For underdressing I like the Vanity Fair nylon camisole with adjustable straps.

satincandy

Slip Slips, Slips

I have a collection of slips which I love to wear as often as possible. I have a number of chemise slips which I wear under regular clothes every day. They are more comfortable than a cami and are not too long to "show" when wearing shorts. I love the feel of my straps sliding down and having to reach under my top and slide them back up.

I wear long lacy slips while working around the house. In fact as I write this I'm wearing a long satin slip with lots of lace and a slit up the side. It is burgandy with black lace and very thin straps. I am also wearing matching satin panties too.

I love crusing the net looking for pictures of laides wearing slips. There are a number of great slips sites that offer some wonderful pictures.

Satincandies

Ahhh the sheer luxury of a slip. Heavenly.

vieja

Quote Originally Posted by Tora View Post
    A short full slip, with panties, pantyhose, somtimes a bra, under slacks and a DRESS shirt. Vanity Fair has wonderful nylon full slips. 22" full slip fits under-dressed. Of course under skirts and dresses it is required, for me. I sure miss SHADOWLINE, they had very nice lingerie. NYLON for ever!

Is Shadowline really gone? I was just planning a shopping trip to add to my Shadowline collection. Damn!

Vieja

I just visited their website and read a brief and interesting history of what is now a third generation family owned business. They are planning a comeback. They request you leave your name and e-mail to be notified when they do. I did.
    http://www.shadowline-lingerie.com/

It looks like they are a subsidiary of Velrose Lingerie
    Shadowline Lingerie
    c/o Velrose Lingerie
    1044 Martindale Road
    PO Box 2311
    Martindale, PA 17549
    Phone (800) 223-3203
    Last edited by BRANDYJ; 08-02-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: spelling

slips

I absolutely love slips but has anyone heard of a pants slip? If so what are they and what are they like

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by stephiny10 View Post
    I absolutely love slips but has anyone heard of a pants slip? If so what are they and what are they like
    Yes they were called a "pants liner"
    They were shaped like pants and made of nylon, etc.

They came from an era when womens pants were loosely cut.
    Of course, they went out of favor when women started wearing tighter fitting pants.

BTW, what they call a pants liner these days is actually a long leg girdle.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 08-02-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Slips were my first love. Still are. When I first joined this forum just over a year ago I mentioned my love of slips, and had a certain moderator ( a distant relative of Robin Hood I believe) castigate me for my inappropriate comments on my love of slips. Oh my dear I've done it again.

I actually own two of them, one white and one beige. They are essentially long slips that are cut/shaped like a pair of pants. As was stated by Barbara Jo, they were more in when womens pants were more loosely fitting and they helped a bit with dreaded static cling I sometimes wear them when I'm in drab wearing a suit, and decided to wear my garter belt and stockings, wonderful feeling I can tell you that much.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Love slips. Especially vintage slips from the 20's, 30's. Are GG's wearing slips these days??? Seems like the baby boomer gen and prior made slips a staple in their wardrobe.

Does anyone love tap pants?

Silver Member

pants slips

Actually they came back in the late 80s for a brief time when women wore short suits instead of skirted suits at work. They died when that fasion died.

I have several, one of the problems was you needed different lengths to go with the "shorts" of various lengths.

My wife and her girl friend were going to do a cancan routine for a charity event and were trying to figure out what would work to not show too much. They jokingly asked if I had anything that would work. I said maybe and returned with a couple of pairs of my pettie pants. They loved them and wore them for the show.

Platinum Member
    I love wearing slips - either half or full

Slips! Ahhhhhh..... slips!!

I've got to admit, joyfully, that I too find slips to be essential, erotic, enticing and wonderful. I categorize them right up there with flat knit sheer stockings with a garter belt... neither of which I dress without. I couldn't imagine dressing for an evening out without a bra, breast forms, stockings, garters, heel and ALSO a sexy lace edged slip as it epitomizes the feminine feel and look I find essential to my whole presentation.. I frequently wear my slips, stockings and garters to bed at night... makes for some very slippery dreams!

I never really wear them under dresses, aside from my white sorority dresses...but, they are a must-have for a summer in Alabama to sleep in at night.

On the plus side, they're super cheap. That must be why I have so many.

As lingerie though? I don't know. Aren't they a little plain?...I think I'd feel like my grandmother.

That's just my opinion though.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

satincandy

Satin Tap Pants

Almost a good a satin panties. Tap pants are an elegant return to the vintage look of the 30's and 40's, very comfortable and easy to wear.

Satincandies

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    I never really wear them under dresses, aside from my white sorority dresses...but, they are a must-have for a summer in Alabama to sleep in at night.

On the plus side, they're super cheap. That must be why I have so many.

As lingerie though? I don't know. Aren't they a little plain?...I think I'd feel like my grandmother.

That's just my opinion though.
    What would be so wrong with feeling like your grandmother? She most likely came from an era when women reveled in their femininity

I'm a simple girl with a classic yet seductively appealing taste. So in the summertime when I'm idling away the hours on-line here, there, everywhere...I'm usually in a satin camisole, short length & comfy with spaghetti shoulder straps, and matching satin panties, not tight not loose just right...to follow the contours of my hips my ass my lower tummy - flat, inviting, fit - a lovely looking landing strip, soft pillow or starting trip for my gf's head, hand or lips. Imagined hand, real the feel, ooh real the ultimate effect ~~~ Opening my eyes I see 'twas mine alone. Coming back down, was just a dream: K. It's all good cuz hey...it is what it is, so what, big diff. Outcome is the same I'm feelin terrif!

Slips are a must under translucent skirts and dresses. It sounds obvious, but where I live the gg's seem pretty oblivious of this.

slips

the first thing i ever tried on and im still in love with them!

Now...resolute n cute; strong n proud! Oh yeah...and real too.

I too love full slips and I've had a life long love affair with them. I have way more than I really need (50+) but I just can't resist buying another when I see it. Just today, I found a brand I'd never seen before ... Gossard Artemis. It's an above the knee black beauty with lace trimmed bodice and about an inch of lace on the hem. It's just above knee length and it feels great. Of course I had to also grab a matching black bra and panty. I'm wearing these items as I type this and it feels sooooo good.

Wearing a full slip is just part of properly underdressing when wearing a dress.

And "yes," I love tap pants too! They are sooooo difficult to find online and are also expensive when you do find them. I bought a pair today at the Salvation Army for one dollar!

Jenny

A must for me as well.
    Amanda