Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locked out of motel room! Caught!

WOW, i've never been out in public and to be honest i don't know what i would've done, most probably done the same, would.ve had to i suppose, lol, but well done anyway.

[SIZE="3"]Thanks for the replies. I agree Denise. It really is not like getting caught committing a crime. Some of you have had much more trying moments!! Actually, not one teen screamed, and i heard no comments. This was in the middle of Montana, too! Actually, I did look like my avatar, only had shades on. I may even have passed! Short term memory loss, can put us in comical, dramatics![/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I hope to dress one more time at a motel, before i have to move to my difficult fathers place. No dressing there! I found a long black skirt, and black butto sweater, and two pairs pantihose, and a small denim purse , at the in Boseman Montana Sally's and half price! Next time, i hope to wear a longer dress or skirt. I have only one dress with me. In Butte, there is a classic womens clothes shop downtown. Dresses galore. A cders dream! Trouble is, I chickened out buying anything, as a man was watching the store, while the owner was out. He was a super nice guy, though. I blew it! Well, i have too many gal and guy clothes, anyway! But, if you ever go to Butte, Montana, check that little shop downtown. Vintage womens clothes, and antiques.[/SIZE]

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Ouch; I bet that cost you several of your "9 lives"!!! I think you behaved very sensibly and practically. Well done.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Wow, I'm surprised how many of us have been locked out of our hotel rooms!!! I always make a point of asking for two keys when checking into a hotel. I will put one in my male wallet and the other in my purse {I never walk out of my room when dressed even if only going down the hall to the soda machine without my purse}. That way I'm covered unless to magnet won't work...that hasn't happened to me...YET.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

As Susan suggests, I also always ask for 2 keys and split them between my wallet and my purse. I have used this method to ensure that I always have a card key with me for the nearly 10 years that I have been going out as Nicole. For a period of time between 6 and 10 years ago I did an unusually large amount of business travel and just about always took Nicole's clothing with me and would spend as much time as possible as her.

On at least 10 occasions those darn card keys failed to work on the door lock and I simply went to the front desk and asked for a replacement. I was either provided with a replacement on the spot, or I was asked for identification prior to being given the replacement. The only bad experience I ever endured was having the desk clerk call the duty manager after I provided my photo ID to him. The manager did tell the desk clerk to provide me with a replacement key, but then told me not to return to his hotel. Rest assured I took his advice and never returned. Oh, BTW, I also provided my company with such a bad review of this hotel that they removed them from the approved hotel list....

dodoo

how well I can relate to that .last july nearly a year ago now . almost identicle problem.I was staying at a laquinta. for the nite driving back to phoenix.second floor overlooking the pool . any way about 10pm after a shower i decided to go out on the deck .I was wearing a blue nitie. semi dark no problem . as I stood on the deck wondering if any body in the pool below had noticed me ? and if so did they get a peek -up my nitie the wall a/c came on and I heard the door suck shut........ holy crap was all I could think about.I stood there for what seemed like forever,thinking what to do.. this was not a great area to begin with .. 10$ key deposit.I realy had no desire to go down to the desck door .ding thier Mucking bell ,especialy in my nitie.then for real the saveing truth . the a/c shut off.and the door made a click sound, I tried it again .. after several trys. and wow I was safe . still I wonder what would have happend if I needed to go to the door of the office and ding the bell .in a nitie ... im not passable.. was a great trip overall..

Thats fair enough to . the same thing has happened to me about 10 or was it 15 years ago now .I was staying at a hotel in Darlinghurst Sydney and decided to go for a stroll down Oxford street after getting back to the hotel I found that I needed the desk clerk to let me in the front door ,security reasons ,He took a look at me and was a bit perplexed any way I told him my room number and he opened the door all ended ok just another learning experience when I was a youngster

great story, Louise! I used to worry anout that happening when travel alone and dress. Now, I just go down to the lobby in full Jill mode shortly after I check-in and get another key made just to break the ice with the people on the desk.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I have to agree with Denise, you were doing nothing dishonest and you handled the potential for embarrassment well, although when something similar happened to me, I did not leave my heels beside the door.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Cell phones erase magnetic strip on room keys.

I had the same experience a year ago. On a business trip to Memphis, I stayed over the weekend to go out on the town. On the first night, I discoverd none of the 3 room keys would work to get me in the side door, so I had to go around front and enter through the lobby.

No problem on the first pass by the clerk. I walk to the end of the hall, and none of the keys will open the room. Back to the clerk and the anxiety of discovery. I had stayed and still stay at this hotel very frequently and the staff knows me by sight and name.

When I ask for a new room key, the clerk's eyes just about pop out when he figures out who I am. He smiles, reprograms my keys, and says have a good night.

Nothing has been said since by any of the staff during the remainder of the weekend or on any return visit.

Although I had 3 good room keys when I left earlier in the evening, it turns out that through a series of coincidental events they were all erased when my cell phone ended up being next to them. Had one in my pure, one in the console, and one on the drivers door.

Well done Louise. You give new meaning to your signature at the end of your posts.

Wow Kelli

Wow, Kelli, that is frightening! I actually feel like the younger generation is more accepting of all the different types of people now. But a "group" of teenagers can be a different story! Rest assured some of those church boys were probably wearing panties too!

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    It is a scary thing to happen. Even more scary, but with a have to meet it face on, is when the hotel door happens to be shut for the night and there you are, ringing the bell.
    On the other hand when you get far enough to be locked out, you are probably blase about it.

~Samm
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 06-09-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Wow great story, I spend 135 nights on the road, I get my CD fix in hotels through out the South East. Know all about the slaming door.

Thanks for the tip on asking for two keys girls. I usually go out dressed when traveling and have never had the misfortune of forgetting the key or it not working but there is always a first time.

Just A Girl Next Door
    This happened to me too, last month!

I was staying at a motel but had the day free and needed to go shopping that morning - you know, when you just NEED to go shopping! I dressed as Jessica in my room and headed out. Well, after several hours, I came back to the motel, and to my horror my room key didn't work. I tried it at least a dozen times but nothing. It was one of those plastic cards with the code programmed into it.

Here I was fully made up wearing my black turtleneck, a black & white skirt, my white sweater & carrying my purse. All my male clothes were in the room I suddenly couldn't get into. I've been out shopping and even to dinner as Jessica, though never where someone knew me or knew my male name.

Anyway, I finally realized I had no choice but to go to the front desk and get another key. As another poster said, it's amazing how brave one gets when there is no alternative! I walked into the lobby, and nobody was behind the desk. I rang the little bell, really hoping that a woman would answer...and much to my relief I got my wish.

Using my best female voice, I told her my key wasn't working. She looked the room up on the computer, and then looked at me, then looked at the computer. "Is the room in your name?" Yes it is. At that moment she seemed to understand, and reprogrammed the key. As she handed it to me she said "Sorry about that, ma'am!"

So scary as it was it all turned out ok!

I know this was a big deal for you, cuz I went thru it too, long time ago, and I remember the panic, until I learned that it's really, well, no big deal. These days I don't bat an eye at moving around the premises and interacting with the staff -- in fact, I usually check in and out en femme.