Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Disappointed

So I get all dolled up tonight. Skirt, top, bra make-up, and my wig. I was really feeling good about myself and decided to take a picture or 2. NO, I will NOT post one of here......yet. Out of 8 pictures, there were only 2 that I thought were acceptable. I didn`t see a trace of "him" in the 2 that I kept. I had to delete 6 pictures, they were horrible. I need to lose 35 pounds and shape the eyebrows.

2 out of 8 are pretty good odds if you ask me. I may get 2 out of 58 but the canvas is getting older.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Aw come on hon, post them. Its safe in here!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

we are all so fussy about our own pictures. The truth is we are all adorable girls on the inside

[SIZE="3"]Dont be shy, take a look at my mug shots, I'm no skinny "top Model" by any means, way, shape or form.

Yes I need to loose a few lbs (which is coming off slowly) things take time, trust me
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Mandy xx[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Dont knock it, till youve tried it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Qualified & Insured Waxing Therapist[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    2 good shots out of 8 is actually good.
    I think most of us take a lot more than that before finding even one good one.
    Photography isn't easy.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Sounds pretty familiar,a few months ago I took about 200 and got 2 that I liked. I came to the conclusion that I have to feel good before getting into taking them,so spending a lot of time on my look is only one consideration,being in the right mood is another one.

I like to save the bad ones though, review them and see where improvements can be made.I try not to get depressed when going over them,just chalk it up as a bad day.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I hear ya. My ratio is about 1 in 6 on a good day.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

My ratio seems to be closer to 1 in 10 or 12, but I'm still new at this
    We're here for a good time, not a long time.
    So have a good time. The sun can't shine everyday.

I take so few photos of myself, personally It is how I feel inside that counts not what I see in photos. Of course I am not perfect in a photo who is. As an older CD I am happy to just be able to go out and be myself. IF you don't want to post a photo don't but really no one will really care as long as you are happy with yourself.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    If any of my pics turn out well I'm content. Ufortunately for me my rate is around 5-10 per 100 that even make it to consideration for posting. With some days the rate going as 0 per 100.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

That just goes to prove that we are our own worst critic! Actually, your ratio of good:bad is actually not bad at all! Keep on snapping, you'll eventually like what you see.

Looking at pictures of yourself is always difficult. As others have said, your ratio of good pictures to total pictures is great!

I'm sure if you post even one of the two good ones, you will receive a number of supportive comments. We all go through the "I don't look good enough" feelings. After all, isn't that part of what being a girl is all about?

Freddy

I just say "Thank goodness" for the digital age. True, a lot of the pics I take end up going thru the shredder, (your ratio seems pretty good to me). But just imagine having to buy film and have it developed (Where would we do that?). And I agree with the others, we tend to be a lot harder on ourselves than others would. Keep posing and snapping, the 10 second hussle is something else too, but eventually we get to the place where we can get our girly face on and posed pretty good. Hang in there!
    Hugs,
    C
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

It is a work in progress. Some of us have years of work instead of just a few months. You can add me to the years list, but that's ok. I won't stay locked away for that time, I have places to go and places to see.
    Michelle

Platinum Member
    I know the feeling. I have yet to take one photo that I think looks even tolerable, let alone passable.

So don't sweat the ratio of keepers to throw aways. And you've got a great motivator if losing a few pounds and some eyebrow shaping is all that it takes ti get the look you are seeking!

thanks girls. this has been years in the making(nothing new to this crowd i am sure). thing of it is, you finally make peace with this side of yourself and now it is time to "put your best foot forward".

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    2 out of 8 seems good to me. Out of the dozens upon dozens (probably nearing 100) of pictures I have taken of myself, I have only kept three of them, and liked one them, which is my current avatar. My first one was horrible, definitely had the "dude wearing makeup" look to it. My third one wasn't that good either. It looked more like gender neutral with a strong leaning towards the male side. My second picture though, even though I can see my arm hair, a small part of my breast form, and I'm not convienced my face looks terrific, I am my own worst critic, and I have put that picture on a few dating sites to test it, and it worked good enough that I use it as my profile picture on other forums that I frequently visit.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I did a makeover a few months ago. 200 pics were taken and I found only 5 I really liked.
    But those 5 were worth it.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

On a good day

I'm lucky if I can find 1 out of 20 that I like.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Nataliebabe View Post
    Out of 8 pictures, there were only 2 that I thought were acceptable.
    2 out of 8? WOW! That's 25%!!! Professional photographers would drool over such a keep rate. Their jobs would be SOOO much easier!

Seriously! Good photographers never take just one shot of something they really want to get. They take many shots, from different angles, different lighting if possible, different camera settings. You're never exactly sure what the camera saw, and 10 images of exactly the same thing can come out dramatically different. 2 out of 8 is a very, very good ratio of keepers.

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Don't be discouraged Natalie... I've gone back through some of my older pictures with a wig and some of those sets are 100% toss... And in all fairness... there are soooo many factors like your mood, lighting, angles, posture and poses, the list is freaking endless. I had one set that came out fantastic... till I noticed a giant lipstick smugde visible in every photo. Just bow and bless at every acceptable photo that comes out, and never be discouraged. Just live, learn, have some fun and take more photos
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Two out of eight is a great ratio, as a shutter bug I find taking my own picture very hard even in drab, it take work to be the photographer, and the model, and get a good relaxed natural looking picture, and then do it as the opposite gender. I am in awe of those that can pull it off at all. I have always liked pictures of me dressed taken by my wife much better than the ones I take of myself, they just seem more natural and less stiff.
    Tina B.

One of the things that I have found to help make pictures "seem" much better is to do a "horizontal flip" on them.

What this does is present the picture to you in the same way you see yourself in the mirror.

This can be done with many of the image processing programs available today.
    (btw, this is my best look)

I think I am right in saying that models, when doing a photo shoot for a glossy magazine have hundreds taken and just one chosen for the cover.

SUZY