Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing capris

Saw a couple guys wearing capris in Vegas a few years ago. It's not very common though; like GG's usually don't wear pantyhose with shorts, but I do as I think it's sexy and it's the next step after routinely wearing girls capris in public.

They were kind of unisex in the late 50s-early 60s. I had some when I was 15-16, I think there's a picture of me with them on from the '62 Seattle Worlds Fair if I can ever dig it out from the clutter.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Up here in Canada capris are also sometimes called flood pants. Thats what some of the local red necks that hang out at the marina where I live call them when they see me in them and try to tease me. They never show any bare legs so I get to instead. Capris are fun to wear and I have found well fitting women's ones that are not too femme looking for my masculine physique. I like them with hiking boots and a nice close fitting stretchy shirt. Push your fashion freedom envelope and wear them confidently.
    Cheers!
    Chris

I live in the same town and i have noticed that alot of the young guys wear capis. It seems to be the european students, i see them on Richmond rd, second steet and Capitol Landing rd. quite often. They look nice on them. So go for it Joan.

I've worn them out a few times recently. I wore the denim kind that's rolled up a few inches at the bottom and the khaki kind with strings at the bottom. I wore them with open toe sandals and felt so comfortable. Nobody said anything too me, but I did get a few strange looks here and there.

Do you wear sheer nylons with capris? Or bare (shaved) legs? BTW, is there a difference between capris, crop pants. floods, clam diggers, and pedal pushers?
    Last edited by sfwarbonnet; 06-14-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Aspiring Member

mid calf pants

They seem to be everywhere here in my neck of the woods (so. Cal.) I call them pirate pants and it seems that most of "wannabes" wear them in awful plaids with black or white T's or hoodies and tennis shoes. I think the guys get the influence from the samurai/martial arts movies and the real Japanese Samurai did wear a 3/4 length style pant. It's the gang (warrior) thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle1946 View Post
    When I was growing up men capris were called clam diggers, the Beach Boys wore them.
    Yea Clam diggers. I used to wear them all the time. How cool. lets bring them back.
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I just never found a pair of capris that looked good on me yet. It's either short shorts or long jeans/slacks & long skirts for me.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Another name was high water breeches. The tall kids growing faster than their mom's could buy cloths, got teased with that. I live in the Tidewater area as well and have seen several males of different races wearing them, strings hanging and all. I am definatly considering getting some and see if my wife will approve - she's pretty carefree about these things.

I just checked the internet for "men's capri pants" and there is plenty out there. For anyone who isn't looking specificly womens, here is some mens styles that goes from camo to khaki: http://www.amazon.com/ULTRA-FORCE-KH...ref=pd_sbs_a_1
    Last edited by Jonianne; 06-13-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

But you can call me Sam AlsoSamantha's Avatar
    There are at least four stores at the local mall that carry men's capris. I'm seeing them more and more as the season goes on. If men in your area aren't already wearing capris, they probably will be before long. I bought a couple of pairs myself, and love them!
    Happiness requires freedom. Freedom requires courage

Quote Originally Posted by sfwarbonnet View Post
    Do you wear sheer nylons with capris? Or bare (shaved) legs? BTW, is there a difference between capris, floods. and pedal pushers?
    Here in the UK crop pants for men are very fashionable and very acceptable, and I wear mine (girl crops) all the time even in male mode. But never, never never mix crops with nylons or even socks. Bare legs every time, sandals or trainers, and yes with sandals my toenails are coloured, a deep deep red at the moment.

Always see European men wearing them. It seems to be the style over there. So I started wearing my Capris all of the time. Some people look and some don't. Let em look and walk with pride.

Account is closed
    I love capris and just got myself three pairs (why do they call pants pairs?!?).

It is a nice alternative to pants when it gets hot here and I get to lazy to shave my legs.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Anne View Post
    I love capris and just got myself three pairs (why do they call pants pairs?!?).

It is a nice alternative to pants when it gets hot here and I get to lazy to shave my legs.

The answer

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My wife yesterday suprised me with some summer clothes,including a pair of Pink Capri's.I wasn't sure at first but they have quickly grown on me
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Smile Capri's

I have two pair that I wear around the house. The tan pair I wear when out-&-about. My wife doesn't approve wearing them when were together out shopping as she believes they attract to much attention. To maintain harmony in our relationship, I refrain wearing them when were together. A small price to pay for her acceptance of my CDing.

I hate capris.

in a word.... i own 5 pair... between capris crops and rolled crops.. and love them :P

[QUOTE=Stephanie Anne;2180682]I love capris and just got myself three pairs (why do they call pants pairs?!?).

"Sir, I disagree with you. I am NOT wearing a skirt. This.....is a single, very wide leg pant!!"
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

Oh, this is too funny, I just received the order for mens capri pants from the place I listed on my previous post, they seem to be nice, a little thin clothed than I expected, but OK.

The funny part is, I am a short person 5'6" and my legs are even shorter proportionally. From my crotch to my ankles my legs are 24 inches and it's always been very difficult to find pants that were not too long for me.

Well these capri's have 20" legs and while standing, they are just above my ankle's, nowhere near mid calf.

I guess I have just found a place for me to buy capri's and pretty much use them for regular pant's with out having to have them hemmed!

I'll see how it goes at work tomorrow!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

The easy to see difference that i see between "mens capris" and those made for women is in the hem. For women the hem is split on the outside, where the long seam is located, with an inverted "V" shape. A quick stitch with a needle and thread and you would be wearing androdnous capris. Of coarse there is also the issue of no zipper in the fly but as often as i've worn womens long pants it doesn't seem to make a difference.

And i've noticed few people can tell the difference between a pair of mens pants and those made for women so long as the zipper (or buttons) are accessable from the "right" side. And if it should happen that it is accessable from the left side i don't think anyone would notice that either. At least no one has said anything about it to me.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLynn View Post

...Of coarse there is also the issue of no zipper in the fly but as often as i've worn womens long pants it doesn't seem to make a difference.

And i've noticed few people can tell the difference between a pair of mens pants and those made for women so long as the zipper (or buttons) are accessable from the "right" side. And if it should happen that it is accessable from the left side i don't think anyone would notice that either. At least no one has said anything about it to me.

SarahLynn
    I've worn only women's pull-on pants. with and without a mock fly, for several years now. Plain-fronts ones are OK as it is not apparent ihat they are women's pants. The main differences are that are short pockets and narrow bottoms. I've noticed that brands and sizes are quite different. My favorites ones are VS as the pockets are deep enough that their contents don't fall out. Now I need pull-on capris as shorts are usually too short and bare legs can "stick" to a chair if I'm not wearing nylons.

I have 2 pair (thank you, Goodwill) and love them, though I have only worn them in girl mode. When I go for the go out in female clothes, but no wig, I tend to wear girl's low-rise jeans, bra, girl's t-shirt, girl's sandals, and a minimum amount of make-up. Men don't even look twice, but women and teenage girls often try to process the whole thing. I wish they would ask me about it.

Aspiring Member

not even in handgrenades

Quote Originally Posted by JainaCarpaccio View Post
    "The answer" is totally misleading. During the French First empire, breeches were still worn, but a new leg covering was introduced--it was called the pantaloon and longer pantaloons were caller trowsers and had straps that went under the feet(sort of like the ski pants of the 60's). Some pantaloons were made of a yellowish brown material and others a heavy cotton called jane or jean (jeans sound farmiliar?) A pair of pants (pantaloons =2 legs=putting on one (pant) leg at a time. Trowsers won out for formal words but pants remained as the popular word. The foot straps on trowsers disappeared about 1850 or so.(panties are a diminutive form of pants , eg little pants). So much of clothing history derives from France and it is still the leading place (I think) of fashion in the world.
    History courtesy of the Anatomy of Costume by Robert Selbie