Thread: Crossing of the Legs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crossing of the Legs

If there is one thing I've ALWAYS done, it's crossing my legs.

I have to think about and act out in order NOT to cross my legs.

Is leg-crossing CD/TG/TS? It seems the natural way to sit as far as I'm concerned.

Both legs out in front HURTS.

Thoughts?

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I do it all the time!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Ladies cross their legs, but below the knee!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Not sure it really matters. I see guys cross their legs all the time. I'll do it because it's just comfortable.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

I do all the time as well. It just feels more comfortable for some reason.
    Michelle

same here. it feels more natural and comfortable.

I can't cross mine easily.
    It feels very uncomfortable crossed.
    My legs are to stocky/big.
    Sad for me.

OMG Anneliese, you brought back a very funny (tad embarrassing at the time though) memory.

I am quite new to being out and about, and am really just a big ape in my mannerisms. I was at a busy shopping mall with a friend (member of this forum) a month or so ago, all dressed up nicely . We sit down in a rest area, and I start lounging around with my legs apart like a old caveman My friend has a bit of a laugh before alerting me to my ....... errrr, lack of poise.

I really do have a lot to learn.

Tash

yes Tash, that was quite an interesting sight. The woman who was sitting directly across from you sure left in a hurry didnt she?

I wish I could say it is easy for me to cross my legs, but it's not. Even when I was a very fit 34 inch waist in my early 20's, I had very thick thighs. It was hard for me to buy even male pants. I had to measure the pants thigh down 5 inches from the crotch. If they were not 22 inches with the 34 inch waist, I knew the thighs would be to small. So due to my larger thighs, it has always been hard to cross my legs.
    I also find it hard to sit with my knees together as ladies should do, especially with a short skirt. I have to use constant muscle pressure to keep my legs closed. It's hard to do for long periods of time. I have even tried tying my legs together just above the knees to train my muscles to let me relax and keep my knees together at the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess29 View Post
    yes Tash, that was quite an interesting sight. The woman who was sitting directly across from you sure left in a hurry didnt she?
    Mel, you remembered

Ahhhh yeah.......... that poor lady

Crossing your legs seem almost second nature to me, I have always done it either dressed or in drab. While doing the guy thing (Drab), with a couple male friends of mine, we were setting at a table eating breakfast, one of my friends noticed how I was setting and asked "Why are you setting like a girl", I replyed, I didn't know that I was. As I said it's second nature to me....HOW DO YOU CROSS YOUR LEGS BELOW THE KNEE.....

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    i can even cross it behind my ankle after crossing it over my leg!

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulacder View Post
    Crossing your legs seem almost second nature to me, I have always done it either dressed or in drab. While doing the guy thing (Drab), with a couple male friends of mine, we were setting at a table eating breakfast, one of my friends noticed how I was setting and asked "Why are you setting like a girl", I replyed, I didn't know that I was. As I said it's second nature to me....HOW DO YOU CROSS YOUR LEGS BELOW THE KNEE.....
    I had a similar experience with workmates asking the same thing. Up till then I had no idea that it was supposed to be girly. Didn't stop me though.

Edwina

Quote Originally Posted by Anneliese View Post
    If there is one thing I've ALWAYS done, it's crossing my legs.

I have to think about and act out in order NOT to cross my legs.

Is leg-crossing CD/TG/TS? It seems the natural way to sit as far as I'm concerned.

Both legs out in front HURTS.

Thoughts?
    I hope that the last sentence is an "All in your mind" sort of thing, because sitting down with your legs uncrossed should never hurt.

It hurts my back to sit with my legs straight out in front of me guy-style for any length of time. Any version.

I can also wrap my foot behind my ankle, although I haven't done it in a long time. That's how I always sat (crossed and wrapped around) in school, from kindergarten to college graduation.

Maybe 5% of the time I sit with both feet on the floor. Tops.

I've gotten a fair amount of comments and stares for sitting this way. A long time ago I noticed the "Tonight Show exception". Practically every guy on the show (and other talk/interview shows) sat/sits with their legs crossed. The only exceptions are/were the supposed super macho men, such as John Wayne or Clint Eastwood.
    Last edited by Anneliese; 06-10-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I've always had a difficult time crossing my legs, it's gotten easier in the past couple of years as I've lost weight and stretch daily. However by my very nature I am very stiff and wooden without much flexibility. It is almost impossible for me to do it when wearing baggy pants that I wear in male mode. When in a dress it is easier.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Girly crossing of legs is the ONLY way I feel comfortable. Have done it as long as I can remember. Sure, a few minutes of figure four or both feet on floor every once in awhile, but crossing is how I sit and have always sat 98% of the time. I only got hassled about it in junior high, but I suppose people have noticed and wondered about it forever.

I naturally cross my legs in a girly way, as I find any other way feels alien and uncomfortable.

Aspiring Member
    I've never had a problem crossing my legs. The way I do depends on the leg though. One leg, I can cross like a female, and the other crosses like a male.
    I am referring to crossing the legs comfortably. One leg is more comfortable crossed like females do it and the other leg is more comfortable when I cross it like males do it.

I can do it but it's uncomfortable.
    I run about 4-5 miles every other day and cycle on the weekends (I used to be a competitive cyclist ) and I have difficulty. The reality is is that I was born with the wrong pelvis.
    I mentioned before that females have this ability to rotate their femurs, via the axis of the bone socket that give them an omnidirectional capability where guys don't have that movement,. a.k.a., child bearing hips. ...helps get that little baby's head out of the cervix during birth.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-11-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Hello Annelise!
    Like all the other replies I too cross my legs. However, when looking at groups most men do not. Most men put one leg over the knee. Just something I've noted.
    Charlie