Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sister sightings

I've seen a few around here. Once you get your eye in, we are pretty easy to spot.

Not making any sort of style comparison, but until I owned a Nissan Micra, I never noticed all the other Nissan Micra's in the town. Then I bought a Volvo... and started to see all the other Volvo's in the town. Being a CD, I've long been noticing other CD's. To each-other, we stand out from the crowd, to a non dresser, we are just another face in the crowd. (unless one is outrageously BAD at dressing).

I was in Chicago shopping at the Payless in Edgewater (in drab) when a sister shopped next to me for about 10-15 minutes. We traded off ideas, she complimented me on some shoes she thought looked good on me, and I did the same for her. Her voice (over-compensating, slightly) gave it away for me.

Haven't had that same success in Louisiana.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

I was in my local social club, in bobmode, when a man came over to me and said;
    "Hello !, excuse me, I'm certain we've met somewhere, are you Amanda's friend? I was at a party recently, I'm Lucy's friend." It was a bit of a surprise at first but we soon settled down and had a great laugh together!

Really interesting post. Perhaps we should turn the question around and ask, "How would you like a sister to react to you if she recognized you as a sister?" I know that when someone acknowledges me (usually a smile form a GG), I feel great.

I remember two instances when I probably should have said something. Once was during a security check and Washington National airport. She had set off the metal detector, and after a check with the body scan, the TSA agent said that she needed a body check. She was asked (correctly enough) if she would prefer to be checked by a male or female. She was clearly uncomfortable with all of this, and I wanted to tell her afterwards how sorry I was that she had to go through all of that, but did not see her when they were through.

The other time was last month in Florida. In the Home Depot parking lot there was a sister with a purse, miniskirt and no boobs or wig. I didn't know whether to smile or nod, so just let her be. I should have let her know that it was cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I have only seen a couple that I know of, If there were any other that totally passed and fooled me.

Once in Walmart around christmas time there was a VERY tall black person, Dressed as a women, But the voice and the manerism, definitly gave her away, also not a very good job with the makeup.

Another time, at a local discount mall, there was a guy in hot pink shorts, I mean the hooters type of shorts. I must say that he had some big @@@@s to go into the shops dressed like that. Not a very good representative for us. Definitly the lets make some trouble type.

And to all those that I have not seen, Good Job.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Lee View Post
    I've seen a couple for sure. Once was with my family at a Denny's restaurant in Lafayette, Indiana. I didn't notice at first even though she was sitting at a table in plain view of me. When she walked by I notice she was well over 6'. Since we were near to Purdue University, I commented that must be someone from the women's basketball team. My wife said it was a guy. I turned around to confirm while she was at the cash register. No one else seemed to pay any attention to her.
    Your wife clocked her, but did not react. Wondering if many people who claims to pass just get indifference, but are actually clocked.

I spotted once at a mall a sister of us. She was middle aged, dressed very conservative. I noticed her because of her lack of hips. I noticed because I tend to observe these details, otherwise I would have not notice her. She was pretty nervous (pretty crowded mall).

My first reaction was to try to follow her to be sure and take a better look. But I scared her. She evaded me (I don't know how), and I lost her.

I'm very sorry for my behavior. It was not on purpose, I did not mean to scare her, but I was very excited for spotting another like me for the first time. Just was a very clumsy reaction of me.

Next time I would leave her alone.

Yes I see sisters every now and then. When I landed in Cleveland today there was a Delta pilot that was a sister.
    Saw another in the Detroit airplane last week also. So we are around and I guess you just get the knack for seeing each other.
    Sarah

nicole
    I was in Edinburgh a few weeks ago, visiting Holyrood Palace. I spotted a transgendered woman. I found her very attractive. I observed her maneurisms, and found her to be very feminine. The tell tale was a masculine build, otherwise, she was very passable. Long brown hair. Loved watching her.Was envious of her.