Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sister sightings

Several months ago, I was returning home on the Washington DC metro (subway) in the evening after a long day at work. There was a woman in the lightly filled car that got my attention. She had the kind of sun creased face than in men we call "character filled" and which women avoid with moisturizer and sun screen. She sat with her feet flat on the floor and her knees almost shoulder width apart.

I thought it must be a sister, and wanted to acknowledge with eye contact, a smile, or other friendly gesture. But what really confirmed it for me was her intense concentration on the book she was holding. During the 10-15 minute train ride, she never once looked up from the book, never checked her surroundings, or looked at anyone else, including me. I have never seen anyone, male or female, avoid the world with such dedication.

I finally got off at my stop without ever getting her attention. To my knowledge, she is the only one I have ever seen "in the wild" so to speak.

Liz

I've seen a couple for sure. Once was with my family at a Denny's restaurant in Lafayette, Indiana. I didn't notice at first even though she was sitting at a table in plain view of me. When she walked by I notice she was well over 6'. Since we were near to Purdue University, I commented that must be someone from the women's basketball team. My wife said it was a guy. I turned around to confirm while she was at the cash register. No one else seemed to pay any attention to her.

The other time I saw an over-dressed woman walking into JC Penney's. I was driving by from a distance. Once I was in the store I saw her more closely. She was well-dressed, but tall, and didn't do a good job of hiding the 5 o'clock shadow. She bought some things, and the girl SA's at the counter giggled after she left.

During a recent trip to Portland, I had a chance to go shopping for a few hours. While trying on shoes at a DSW, I got at least a 1/2 dozen comments from women about the shoes I was trying on. "Cute shoes", etc. Two of the women really engaged me in conversation, and were very complimentary. They didn't directly acknowledge that they new I was a guy, but I'm sure they did. I appreciated their friendly attention.

Like some of the others, if anyone sees me out shopping be sure to say hi!

not sure if yes or no, but the other day at target in town i thought i did see a sister? did not see her in the store...but then i did not try looking for her anyway....had things to do. places to be.
    i was in drab with my mom, and she does know and support Loni.

It's just my luck....

that the more I wish I could have a sighting (along with the ensuing greeting, hello and introduction), the less likely it'll ever happen. Maybe I should stop trying and then it will actually happen. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Donnadcd View Post
    that the more I wish I could have a sighting (along with the ensuing greeting, hello and introduction), the less likely it'll ever happen. Maybe I should stop trying and then it will actually happen. What do you think?
    What does everyone think about handing out an en femme business card with a email or facebook address if you spot someone?......just asking.

Hey donna ,never say never cause ya just never know......

Before I learned to accept myself and although I'm not fully out, I would have been deathly scared if someone approached me. But, now, if it was done in a friendly discreet way I would be fine with it. There is something to be said for the case where you are acknowledged for being CD and respected for that.
    Chickie

Junior Member Madeleine StClair's Avatar
    I've had a couple of sightings, both while I was in drab shopping for women's clothes. One was at the register in a Walmart ... the lady was quite, ahem, robust and seemed kinda redneck ... so I didn't feel like talking to her, since I seldom get along with rednecks of either gender.

The other encounter was really cool. It was the first time I went to buy skirts and blouses for myself: I walked into a certain local thrift shop, looked over at the women's section, and immediately spotted ... a tallish person with a bright orange wig. Got closer and, yep, CD. Now this gal was clearly not trying to pass; besides the wig, she had on striped leggings, a very fetishy-looking skirt, and way-over-the-top makeup--kind of crossdressing-as-performance-art, I guess. So I said, "Hey, I like your outfit." And so we talked for a while, and she gave me some valuable tips about clothing, makeup, and places to go in town. That really helped me get my bearings and feel at ease with shopping.

In general, though, I'd have to agree with what some have said: if you encounter someone who wants to pass, maybe they don't want to be bothered. I think I would only talk to them if the circumstances were such that it was okay to talk to them regardless of their being a "sister" or not ... and I wouldn't immediately bring up the subject of crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    What does everyone think about handing out an en femme business card with a email or facebook address if you spot someone?......just asking.
    Well, you know, I've been seriously considering making such a card for myself, though for me it would take a bit more than just spotting someone before I whipped it out--see above.
    The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.
    --Eleanor Roosevelt

[SIZE=2]I've seen my share over the years....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Speaking of,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I just saw a TS sister yesterday while I was in CVS waiting in line....she was so pleasant that she let me go ahead of her even though she was already at the register ....guess it was because I only had a couple items..so I gave a sincere thank you ..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Of course I did my best not to let on I knew or wait for her outside the store to greet her.......It's one of those things where you never know how they would react, since most don't appreciate being clocked......some don't mind, but most do...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Even though I wouldn't mind if anyone came up to me, since I'm very comfortable with myself now & approachable, but that has only happened to me once so far by another TS girl..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Anyway, whoever it was....just want to say thanks again....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    There is a "sister" who shops in the store I work always after midnight,I dont make any conscious effort to identify myself as a fellow sister,aside from my usual cheery smile I show everyone (sometimes lol)i mean theres not many openings to say anything between the baked beans and the tins of soup.

But am not even sure I would say something to Her,I mean the poor woman's just out doing her shopping not on a secret mission to avoid being "outed" by everyone
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

In Walmart, was she too pretty to be a cd?

I was in wallyworld in drab and noticed a very pretty girl in a very nice looking blouse and skirt, with nicest peep toed slingback sandals with her toenails painted bright red. I really didn't want to stare so I was not able to really look closely. I kind of overdress when I go out but she was dressed more nicely than
    I would dare to in walmart. Later when I was leaving I saw her walking out to her car and she looked down at her skirt, just as we all do at times, and which you seldom see women do. She was about 25 yrs old. She was really cute.
    I don't know if she was one of us but thinking back on it I kind of suspect she was. I'd love to meet her sometime and talk.
    Hugs, Christine in I.F.
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Over my many years I have seen a few gurls out and about although Ihave never really said anythingto any of them. Perhaps my favorite sighting was the year after I went FT I was working at Penney's as a Christmas temp in the women's section. I saw two girls in there shopping, made me feel good we have the liberties we do nowadays.

a double edged encounter

I have had a sister sighting or two. All of them though were in or at non convenient times to say "hey gurl fren". And have always left me a little anxious or sad. Firstly because a chance meeting, wonderful time chatting, new friend opportunity was lost. And second, I was in endrab at those moments. Would my approach and subsequent disclosure that I was a "Sister", cause the sister to think. "OMG! How did he know? I can't pass?!".

I guess the only way to ease that pain would be if the two of you were enfemme. That way you could do the giggle thing as when dressed and out we have the excuse that we can all tell each other apart anyway.

(On passing I think we get lost on the term and what we think we need to do to "pass". We should think more of a term like presentable. As I believe this is really our nature. Or the nature of those of us who have no desire to transition to full time womanhood. Being presentable in public as a (excuse the term) a guy in a dress. Is in my mind more of an honest statement. And if we do so with taste style and class, to a point where we do in fact look presentable. I think we have accomplished more then "Passing" as something we actually are not. I've had the pleasure of many conversations with GGs in public settings, and they have all gave me some paraphrased line from Too Wong Foo, I'm not really sure what you are, because woman don't have Adams apples, but I know I can not think of you as a man.)
    Last edited by joanieb; 06-25-2010 at 04:50 AM.

Hi, Fanci Jewel and all
    My first "Sighting" was about 55 years ago near L.A..

I would take any job just to help at home and have some left for whatever.
    I was very much in demand... charged $.50/hr. for yard work.

A Family friend sent me over to see two sisters who needed extensive debris removal and
    flower bed renewal.
    The sisters were sixtyish and dressed in "Little old lady outfits." They were very sweet and apologised for having such a terribly strenuous job to do for only $.50/hr. and did I need help? And, "Oh my, you really do not look like you need help" I was 6' & 180lbs "We'll bring you some lamonade and fix you a nice lunch...."
    Being very wellbroughtup I smilled an asked about tools & Etc.
    As I was wont to do, I dug right in and they stood around offering to get me a towel....

At noon, they called me in for a very nice lunch and told me where the bathroom was and towels were Etc.
    and made their excuses that they to get some things from the local nursery and some dessert.
    "Enjoy your lunch Dear and Just relax and digest your lunch. We'll be back in a bit"

Meanwhile, I opened the door to the WC that they had indicated and found a bedroom instead.
    On an old fashion coat rack, neatly hung were two bussiness suits and ties and laid out on the bed were two white shirts. Not being Nosey Parker, I closed the door and opened the correct one behind me. Being born and raised in and around L.A. and somewhat of a similar bent I knew that I was not alone!
    But what came next was completely unexpected.
    I was in the process of joining the U.S. Navy and was just knocking around with my buddies several weeks later when my mom sent my brother to find me. I thought it was the Navy Recruter to talk to my folks. Nope! It was the two sweet ladies wanting to know if they could adopt me! I was the greatest youngman and they would make sure I got the best education money could buy and so on.

How had they read me???

I had already made up my mind to join the Navy and wouldn't change a thing after 23 years. ps It took me 20 of the 23 to get my BS. It was worth it!

My mother was a very open minded person for the 50s and just asked me if I wanted to be adopted

[SIZE=2]Rocketgal, that was an awesome story, I loved it ![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I think we are all far more perceptive when it comes to spotting one another, no matter how good they look & in any mode of dress..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]All it takes is one tiny minuscule thing & then we look & listen more closely...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The general public is far less perceptive unless it's obvious..because their simply not not looking for us..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Funny thing is, now my mom tells me every time she thinks she see's one of us, whether being a TS or CD..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]She never looked before I came out to her because it never crossed her mind before, and she thought I was the only TS around since Christine Jorgensen ...lol.....& didn't realize how many there really were, but I said there's many more of us going about daily lives than you think or ever dreamed of..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So now she looks for it...and says, I think I saw 2 in the supermarket or one in Macy's, etc...so now she thinks everyone is doing it now...[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Karen564; 06-25-2010 at 06:02 PM.
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I suppose this counts - I saw a sister whilst she was in drab (I was dressed) at the shopping mall a couple of months ago. I initiated the contact and we had a chat for a while.

Tash

Whilst shopping in another town I could see another sister in the same aisle as myself, knowing her from attending a mutual tv/ts group. We passed , she looked and I looked , but nothing was said due to the fact that other people were in the aisle, but a recognition was made between us . I looked to see if she was loading her car when I was loading mine, but she had already gone.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    In my whole CD life ( of over 50 years) I've only seen a handful, less than half a dozen. The MOST obvious that I'll always remember was when my wife and I (in drab I was) were at a discount Outlet Mall in Niagara Fall and along comes a strolling CD , overly made up wearing a cocktail party dress holding a clutch purse and walking like a man that he was. My wife and I laughed quietly to ourselves and i said " He needs some work and going out in public lessons, but I'm not going to approach him and scare him and freak him out, just like I don't like it done to me."

My advice to you girls, spot them but leave them be... give them their space and privacy, they're going to have to pay their dues and test the waters may times like we did until we got it right to pass.

Megan

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    I dont get out much,busy life and all,but when I do, am always dressed to some degree. If anyone spots me,dont be shy! I know i dont "pass",and dont try to, so you dont have to worry about tweaking me.
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar

even in Wyoming

Today my wife and I went to Walmart for a few items, so after we checked out we were walking toward the exit when I noticed a tall male in his 50's wearing a bright pink top and breast forms and carrying a brown purse, the reason I say he was male is because of the long mustache and goatee and strong male features. We exchanged glances and a slight smile and nod, it was nice to see a sister out and about in Wyoming. I doubt she/he was trying to pass as female but rather as a male with a feminine side.

I occasionally wear feminine tops, jeans and girl shoes, quite often carry my purse and wear makeup but not to Walmart and never with a mustache and goatee but I do applaud her bravery, this is Wyoming after all.

Like most people, I don't normally notice any of our sisters around.

One of the very few times that I MAYBE found one of our sisters was this middle-aged man looking at women's clothes with a skin-tight mid-riff, torn shorts, and a pair of Juicy Couture glasses in his hair... but he was en drab! I was so confused!

Also, I was at a friend's birthday party where I met a drunk deaf/mute TS MtF... but she too, was en drab.

I guess technically I haven't noticed any of our sisters around :/

Indeed they are a rare sight.
    I can speak of one particular day that I think will never be replicated again:

1. I saw a CD'er leave Glamour Boutique in New Jersey after picking something up.

2. Saw a full-timer walk from the grocery store in my hometown, she in her 70's and wearing a miniskirt.

3. Went to a night club (actually a bowling alley) in Brooklyn and saw a transitioned TS ( in not a LGBT club, mind you).

4. Saw a street musician in a subway station in Manhattan, black skirt & full makeup)...which i gave money to.

all in one day. ...now that's a precedent!

I had one that I wish I could have told why I just smiled on...

I carded a younger sister working at a liquor store. She was scared SHEETLESS of handing that ID over. I motioned her over to my line, asked if she was 21(standard liquor store line). When she handed her ID over, I held it up and checked it, winked at her, and handed it back. She knew she was caught, but was so happy I didn't say anything....

I got moves like Jagger. randumbness's Avatar
    I find some at the club my friends normally go to. But it's more fun finding some out in the light. Spotted a fellow sister walking to do laundry in my apartment complex. If I see her again, I'll talk to her.
    -Tina

Your friendly neighborhood crossdresser.

I used to work in retail and I would see "sisters" at least once a month. Now I would say they were usually TS and not CD's. I would talk to them as part of my job but I never talked to them about dressing. A few times I really wanted to but I always kept the conversation about business. I remember I had to approve a transaction by checking the ID of a "sister". The ID was male but she was completely passable as a female. I guess she was happy with the way she was treated because the next time she came in she looked for me to help her. Another time I was helping a very passable TS and she started talking about the former Logo show Noah's Arc. She told me how she had met one of the stars. I think I could have talked to her, but again I let it go, kept it all business. Another time I recognized TS porn star Holly Sweet in my store. I never told her I recognized her. Although some of the other employees were wondering if she was a TS I never told anyone I knew who she was. Now that I'm out of retail I do not see nearly as many as I used to, but I'm always looking.