Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QQues

QQues

Question No. #1 How many MTF crossdressers would like to be the "wife" in the relationship?

Question No. #2 How many women would enjoy such?

I'm not talking about sex, crossdressing, being subservant or such ~ just the woman taking the dominant and commanding role in the relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Question No. #1 How many MTF crossdressers would like to be the "wife" in the relationship?

I'm not talking about sex, crossdressing, being subservant or such ~ just the woman taking the dominant and commanding role in the relationship?
    I would like to be the wife, but as my SO earns more than me works longer houre and I do most of the looking after the kids I think its heading that way already

I would NOT like to be the wife in my relationship with my SO, which is fine with her. She wants to be the woman.

Freddy

The wifes job is very demanding. I would gladly trade places with her anyway. It might be demanding but i don't think it is stressful as the roll i play now.

Smile

if it means i get to be a stay at home wife and she goes out for 18 hrs a day, six days a week, to bring in the money i get to spend...ok i am game.

dominant and commanding role in the relationship?
    Huh???? Did I fall into a space-time anomaly and end up in caveman times? A healthy and stable relationship doesn't put either party in a "dominant or commanding" role. No matter your gender, and no matter how you choose to divide the breadwinning, housework, and child care, you're equals.

And don't tell me that "someone needs to make the final decisions." Baloney. If your votes are split, flip a coin.

A wife that stays at home while the partner works is not a demanding life. A mother's in the same position is demanding and hard work. I'd much rather be the wife, not the mother.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FanciJewel View Post
    A wife that stays at home while the partner works is not a demanding life. A mother's in the same position is demanding and hard work. I'd much rather be the wife, not the mother.
    ---i did say wife----i would not want to be a stay at home "mom"--- not enough duct tape on this planet.

This would please me greatly

I can somewhat speak for my wife, in that, she enjoys my taking part in the household, but i think she also enjoys when i take charge in certain areas also. I don't believe she would like being totally the comanding roll in the relationship.....She does have her moments though....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that if one partner takes the dominant or commanding role in the relationship, the spouse is by definition put into a subserviant role, whether they want to be or not.

I prefer an equal relationship.

Smile qqes

We decide everything together and we share in everything that happens good or bad, but i let her be the boss. We are special to each other and whatever happens to me happens to her so we share our trials and tribulations together which makes it easier to deal with lifes poblems as a team of two.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar

#1 I would like to be the wife for one day

#2 Mine would not like it period!

I'd quite like to be the husband! I would throw the duvet off in the morning, shower with the products that someone has thoughtfully provided for my dandruff and select a freshly laundered and pressed shirt. Half an hour later I'd appear at the breakfast table for my first meal of the day (just how I like it mind you, not too much milk in the tea, a different type of milk for the perfect consistency porridge and freshly squeezed juice) accompanied not by conversation but my newspaper of choice.

I could then go off in my company car (no public transport for me!) to my office where my secretary would carry out all my tasks (whilst perched on my desk with her legs crossed revealing just the right amount of thigh and stocking top) and field my demanding phone calls while I chew the fat with the guys.

Lunch time... off out with one of the guys for a pleasant lunch followed, perhaps, by a round of golf, or a visit to a strip joint and a few glasses of wine. Eventually (once I'm sure the kids are all bathed and tucked up in bed and the house has been restored to tidy calm) I would arrive home and eat a nice hot meal - meat and two veg, nothing fancy - before an evening in front of the television watching sport and passing wind.

Does that sound a bit old-fashioned? Surely not, don't all households still function 50s style?

What a great question!

I would love to give up being in the dominant role. My wife is a very strong individual but she still wants to be the wife.

I can't really complain as she is very accepting of me.

It would be nice thought except for the laundry, taking out the garbage, the housework etc etc etc LOLOL

Now that I think about, my wife can stay the wife

I am very much the "wife" in my curent relationship.
    On the one hand my Poalr Bear likes to be pamperd and spoiled, but on the other, i6t is also kind of frustrating for her. You see, most of her life she's been the one to do everything, raisng kids, running the family, woked as a nurse, ect... but just before we got to gether, she took ill and is getting slowlyand stedily worse, and so my wifelyness is as much a matter of necesity as it is my desire to be the wife.
    I know it's hard to for anyone to go from beeing the "everything to everybody" to being the patiant.

Platinum Member
    I like to think that my wife and I have a pretty balanced relationship. there are some things she does way better than me, and I have a few strengths of my own. I do tend to be the one who maintains the home - lawn and gardening , repairs and remodeling, most of the cooking and cleaning. She works outside the home and makes a great liviing, and I work from home and do OK. Neigher of us is subservient in any manner to the other, financially, in terms of rights and responsibilities, or emotionally.

Sarah ....
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    I'm perfectly happy being the husband in the relationship. And my wife would like for it to stay that way.
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Alternate reality, Sarah.

Have u been watching Ozzie and Harriet, or The Beaver Cleavers reruns? Star Trek reruns r more like real life! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_GG View Post
    I'd quite like to be the husband! I would throw the duvet off in the morning, shower with the products that someone has thoughtfully provided for my dandruff and select a freshly laundered and pressed shirt. Half an hour later I'd appear at the breakfast table for my first meal of the day (just how I like it mind you, not too much milk in the tea, a different type of milk for the perfect consistency porridge and freshly squeezed juice) accompanied not by conversation but my newspaper of choice.

I could then go off in my company car (no public transport for me!) to my office where my secretary would carry out all my tasks (whilst perched on my desk with her legs crossed revealing just the right amount of thigh and stocking top) and field my demanding phone calls while I chew the fat with the guys.

Lunch time... off out with one of the guys for a pleasant lunch followed, perhaps, by a round of golf, or a visit to a strip joint and a few glasses of wine. Eventually (once I'm sure the kids are all bathed and tucked up in bed and the house has been restored to tidy calm) I would arrive home and eat a nice hot meal - meat and two veg, nothing fancy - before an evening in front of the television watching sport and passing wind.

Does that sound a bit old-fashioned? Surely not, don't all households still function 50s style?
    We used to share ALL the tasks. However, my marriage evolved until I suddenly found myself to be the "submissive" mate!
    THAT didn't work for me then, and it wouldn't now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This could get (and has gotten in the past) loud and nasty. But nobody ever said that jj is a scaredy-cat

I absolutely LOVE being the good wife at home; I work from a home office while DearSweetWife has a one-hour commute each way. Most of the time I can be jj while at home, often for several days at a time (the kids have grown up, and largely moved out). Since I have the time, it only makes sense that I do most of the picking up, laundry, and cooking (we get "guy-me" to do the heavy cleaning - wouldn't want to break a nail). DSW generally calls or IMs me as she leaves the office to see if I need anything for dinner (almost always wine ) - we have a pretty clear no-public-jj-where-people-know-us rule.

But here is the kicker: I don't know if it's a residual Donna Reed thing, but I absolutely LOVE meeting her at the door, wearing the 2010 equivalent of the shirtwaist with pearls and a frilly apron (tonight, it's a pumpkin/coral silk sleeveless blouse, with a tan button-front mid calf straight skirt, and bronze colored strappy 3 1/2heels. Hair casually piled up on top, simple pearl drop earrings and a single pearl on a silver chain) I absolutely LOVE giving her a peck on the cheek and opening the wine. I absolutely, totally LOVE when she brings me flowers!

As I fold her laundry or cook her dinner I experience this warmth and contentment that is easily as satisfying as hitting a softball in a manly way. I find myself humming girl songs I know that she appreciates the clean, welcoming house and that I made an effort to look nice for her.

I expect that there are some of you teeing up out there, ready to attack poor old jj for her anti-deluvian attitudes about gender based societal roles. Before you start your backswings, please let me gently remind you that the entire Crossdressing endeavor is based on very rigid ideas of how a man or a woman should dress and present him/herself. In most (not all, of course) human societies females have assumed the nurturing (which might be considered subordinate) role. It shouldn't be surprising that some of us find this housework as feminine as push-up bras. (which I find VERY important )

Has anybody found a source for frilly aprons? I never seem to have time to sew some up.

-jj

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    This could get (and has gotten in the past) loud and nasty. But nobody ever said that jj is a scaredy-cat

I absolutely LOVE being the good wife at home; I work from a home office while DearSweetWife has a one-hour commute each way. Most of the time I can be jj while at home, often for several days at a time (the kids have grown up, and largely moved out). Since I have the time, it only makes sense that I do most of the picking up, laundry, and cooking (we get "guy-me" to do the heavy cleaning - wouldn't want to break a nail). DSW generally calls or IMs me as she leaves the office to see if I need anything for dinner (almost always wine ) - we have a pretty clear no-public-jj-where-people-know-us rule.

But here is the kicker: I don't know if it's a residual Donna Reed thing, but I absolutely LOVE meeting her at the door, wearing the 2010 equivalent of the shirtwaist with pearls and a frilly apron (tonight, it's a pumpkin/coral silk sleeveless blouse, with a tan button-front mid calf straight skirt, and bronze colored strappy 3 1/2heels. Hair casually piled up on top, simple pearl drop earrings and a single pearl on a silver chain) I absolutely LOVE giving her a peck on the cheek and opening the wine. I absolutely, totally LOVE when she brings me flowers!

As I fold her laundry or cook her dinner I experience this warmth and contentment that is easily as satisfying as hitting a softball in a manly way. I find myself humming girl songs I know that she appreciates the clean, welcoming house and that I made an effort to look nice for her.

I expect that there are some of you teeing up out there, ready to attack poor old jj for her anti-deluvian attitudes about gender based societal roles. Before you start your backswings, please let me gently remind you that the entire Crossdressing endeavor is based on very rigid ideas of how a man or a woman should dress and present him/herself. In most (not all, of course) human societies females have assumed the nurturing (which might be considered subordinate) role. It shouldn't be surprising that some of us find this housework as feminine as push-up bras. (which I find VERY important )

Has anybody found a source for frilly aprons? I never seem to have time to sew some up.

-jj
    Sums it up for me nicely. I've actually done some research on this ("male wives" "female led relationships"), but the sites that seem to have discussion groups for this, also tend to take it straight to a more sexual D/s relationship style.
    Don't get me wrong, my submissiveness could move into the sexual realm when and if my partner and me both want to go there, but i'm more interested in the situation that JennferJ describes. mj (Cassie)

That's me

My favorite quote...

"Of course my wife is the boss. I wouldn't have the job..." I'm sure this is more of a paraphrase than a quote but it sure is funny when Bill Cosby says it .

Seriously: sure, all important decisions should be made together. On the other hand if you have fun "playing" the "50s woman" to your SO, knock yourself out! I agree that doing house work in girl mode makes me feel more feminine (but in drab it's just boring... go figure...). Like JJ says, it's all part of our social conditioning. Too bad my SO wouldn't be too interested in me showing up at the door in a "french maid" outfit. I'd scrub the house from top to bottom if she would... !
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I'm down with Jennifer. I could so do the wife thing, with either gender mate. Only thing is, it's inconceivable to separate it from dressing et al. It's all one package wrapped up in a satin bow.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    ...But here is the kicker: I don't know if it's a residual Donna Reed thing, but I absolutely LOVE meeting her at the door, wearing the 2010 equivalent of the shirtwaist with pearls and a frilly apron (tonight, it's a pumpkin/coral silk sleeveless blouse, with a tan button-front mid calf straight skirt, and bronze colored strappy 3 1/2heels. Hair casually piled up on top, simple pearl drop earrings and a single pearl on a silver chain) I absolutely LOVE giving her a peck on the cheek and opening the wine. I absolutely, totally LOVE when she brings me flowers!

I expect that there are some of you teeing up out there, ready to attack poor old jj for her anti-deluvian attitudes...
    I take issue with this. More specifically, I am so jealous.

Actually, it parts of this does sound pretty pleasant, but my tolerance level for housework has really declined in the past couple of years. I can't seem to say often enough how lucky those of you with understanding SOs are. If this works for the both of you, then fantastic. Really any couple able to find a mode of coexistance that makes them more or less happy get a little admiration from me. I'd just about like to buy you and your SO a bottle. ( good wife wouldn't put her SO in the position of having to stop too often...

There is necessarily a division of labor. How you want to divide it between the two of you is exclusively you and your SOs business. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Von; 06-17-2010 at 03:05 AM.