Thread: Living as a female

Living as a female

i have just started going to a doctor (phsychyatrist) Didn't spell that right, And i have started my journey to living everyday as a female. I have met some problems as i am married but i am a female inside and will continue my quest to be female!!!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Well, if being married is something you consider one of your "problems," then I predict that problem will be solved soon.

Other than that, good luck.

Kathi

Gold Member
    Real nice Kathi, she didn't say anything of the sorts.

Anyways, if you are planning on transition, you have heard of all the ungodly pricey stuff, but that is only one part of it.
    Start now with the things money cannot really buy but require training, things like voice, mannerisms, self-acceptance, and sometimes the hardest part which is adjusting socially. Yeah that is a big one, people can act weird.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I know its a hard journey . My wife is already distant and that's okay, I have been trapped in this body for 58 years. Its time for melissa! I have always been a female and now I will be! I'm looking forward to the transformation! Hugs to all!

Good luck. Hope it all works out well.

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    Glad to hear it! I wish you a soft journey
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Well, if being married is something you consider one of your "problems," then I predict that problem will be solved soon.

Other than that, good luck.

Kathi
    Ouch!

(but I agree, I'll explain below)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Real nice Kathi, she didn't say anything of the sorts.
    OP kind of did say that, in a roundabout way.

Fact of the matter is that most of our SO's are not so good with these gender issues, let alone a desire to go full time. Yes, there are exceptions but OP doesn't have enough history going in dialogue for us to understand whether or not this is the case.

So yes, being married is definitely a potential problem.

I have to assume OP is serious about this and is looking for genuine support. I guess the content of the original post lends itself to cheerleading as there's nothing but a glimpse of the difficulties behind the scenes which leaves us with two options, either cheerlead or make a probing point as Kathi did.

Look at the response...

Quote Originally Posted by 22skido View Post
    I know its a hard journey.
    Do you? If so, please share your thoughts. There's nothing in your posting history to give us insight as to how we can help you.

My wife is already distant and that's okay...
    Just as Kathi said, you think your wife is distant now...

Melissa, if you are looking for cheerleading, that's great. But if you want helpful advice, I'm thinking we'll need more than two-liners.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    OP kind of did say that, in a roundabout way.
    Sorry, I disagree and do agree with Nicole Erin. If someone says "I have met some problems as I am tall", does that mean he's seeing tall as being a problem?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~Michelle~

I have welcomed new members, I have help people with issues, I have complimented people, have never tried to be the center of attention, yet except for 2 members I have never received any appreciation either by message or friend request. Members who don't have a photo to show, have never received similar appreciation either. Nobody has ever welcomed me, helped me or complimented me except for 2. I'm disappointed, I have no other choice but to leave.

Skidoo, I think Kathi Lake has a sense of whats coming. There's another person involved. Is that person willing to support you fully while you go RLE? There's math involved here.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle~ View Post
    If someone says "I have met some problems as I am tall", does that mean he's seeing tall as being a problem?
    Actually, yes - at least in the English language. Now if that person were instead to say, "I have met some problems and I am tall" that would be two different subjects in the same sentence.

I read it as "I am married and therefore have some problems." But, according to Melissa, it soon may not be a problem and she feels fine with that, as her wife is "distant" and she then gets to be the woman she's wanted to be. Problem solved!

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle~ View Post
    Sorry, I disagree and do agree with Nicole Erin. If someone says "I have met some problems as I am tall", does that mean he's seeing tall as being a problem?
    Absoutely. Let's re-read what OP said...

I have met some problems as i am married...
    Another way to phrase it would be "I have had some problems because I'm married". This works in the context of "hey, I'm living every day as a female".

I'm not seeing a way to interpret it as...

I have had some problems. Oh, and by the way, I'm married.

Nope, doesn't work.

In this case, it is apparent that problem = marriage, or at least includes marriage.

Of course, I'd look forward to OP's take on this but I'm not sure I want to wait two more years.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Why don't we simply ask 22skido to clarify?

Skido, how is your wife taking this exactly? Has she known all along that you CD, but now you're telling her you want to transition? Or are you coming out to her for the first time now?

Edit - In another post today you said that you want to date guys. Are you still married, or have the two of you already decided to separate?
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-22-2010 at 11:04 PM.
    Reine

[SIZE=2]I'd take all this with a grain of salt girls.....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]But yeah sure...great....ummm, good luck with it..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I read it as ... I would like to live as a woman, but I am married. I didn't get a sense that the OP was saying the wife is a "problem, just that he has one.

Kel
    Last edited by kellycan27; 06-22-2010 at 11:44 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Good luck Michelle with your transition . I have to wait until October for my first psych visit

hiya Michelle,

sounds like you are psyched up for the adventure! You did not ask for any advice, and after 58 years there is not much new that anyone could offer , right?

You have your "head" mechanic riding with you and obviously anticipate you will be experiencing some "misery in missouri" as part of the journey.

Ok then,,,good luck!!

See ya on the other side...wherever that is....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Michelle,

You are courageous to start transition. It is a difficult road, physically, as well as emotionally. You are to be congratulated for the first steps. Please keep on posting so that we can be supportive in this journey. Others want to move in this direction, but are afraid to do so. Your story can help others.

Freddy

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar

Surprise

Whats interesting is how often this one little roadblock gets in the way, can ya say WIFE? LOL

Whats even more interesting is how so many CDs become TS when that roadblock falls down.

HMMMMMMMM. Time to reflect.