Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost did it but chickened out

Maybe you will get over it, or you won't...but the fact remains that you still want to buy that makeup.
    So at some point when you're ready, you will buy it.

Beware though, the flood gates of purchases might burst open after your first. Before long you might have to stop yourself from spending all of your money.

Either way, make sure you enjoy every moment of it!

I know what part of it is, I am torn between my beliefs and what I want to do. Its a question of what is gonna win out.

Also, I really do feel weird if I buy something that is meant for women. I did buy tights a few years ago and the sales girl was nice and didn't say anything.

I did buy a pair of pantyhose recently and did that on the self check out without anyone noticing at all.

As far as the lipstick, I have not tried it since I was a teen and want to know what it feels like on my lips.

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    My first time buying cosmetics, I was petrified. I was married at the time (that only lasted a year, but it was nice, and my wife tried very hard to be supportive).

I wanted her to come into the drugstore with me, but she wouldn't. She said I needed to do it myself, and she'd wait in the car.

So while I'm picking out a few things and standing in line at the cash register, the song that comes on the background music is "I Feel Pretty," from West Side Story! I swear it's true.

I still get nervous buying makeup, but not about what the sales clerks think. Meeting someone I know would be a bit of a challenge, but other than that, I'm fine.

*** Jenna ***

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    As far as the lipstick, I have not tried it since I was a teen and want to know what it feels like on my lips.
    Lipstick ... mmmmmmmmmm!!!

My only recommendation -- there are lip glosses for teenage girls that taste like bubblegum. They're nauseating. Go for the grownup stuff.

... oh, another thing: There are "all-day" lipsticks. I think they may stain the epidermal cells a little bit. I don't know, because I've never tried one. But if getting back into boy-mode is an issue for you, you might want to steer clear of those.

*** Jenna ***
    Last edited by Jenna Lynne; 06-24-2010 at 10:43 PM.

I purchased lipstick and nail polish once, and was able to do it at a supermarket, in the evening when it was not crowded, and it was easy to wonder, and not have anyone come up and ask for help. They had a large selection, could have more fun there. Adding in a couple of other food related items , was no big deal at the counter. Have not tried again since that time last year.

Well I tried again, having just a little more confidence this time, but still didn't want other people around, especially other men. I picked up one lipstick, but put it back.

It was the cheap stuff called New York. One kind is 99 cents and the other is 1.99. Not sure if either is better or if it even matters. All I do know is that I keep waffling on it. Do I really want to do this or not?

The desire to buy the lipstick was strong today. Along with possibly buying tights also. I decided that if I am really to do this that I would have to go full throttle. I'd be embarrassed to do this in my area although there is a transformation salon which is not cheap. I'd be much better off traveling to say San Francisco to do this instead.

As I type I am wearing both a bra and panties that I bought online in the past, go figure.

Smile almost chickened out

The first time i bought anything feminine i picked out what i wanted and walked my butt to the counter and paid for them. If you show full confidence in yourself then they wont say a word to you and who cares what someone sees or says that you dont know. I went to a Rosses store and picked out several skirts and tops then went to the dressing room and told the girl i wanted to try them on, she never batted an eye just gave me a number. When i came out she asked if everything fit and i told her that the skirts fit but not the tops. She said she would hold the skirts for me if i would like so i said sure. When i was done shopping and tryed on a few more things she said she hoped i enjoyed my purchases. I had a great time. So BE BRAVE and go for it. I was in rite aid to buy makeup and the manager was following me around so i asked him if something was wrong and he asked if he could help me i said no i already know what looks good on me, he stammered a few words and left me alone. Have fun at it and enjoy who you are.

Michelle

I used to be very timid in buying make up etc. But that changed because I reckoned that it was nobody's business what I bought. It was my money to spend where and when I chose to. My biggest worry to date was buying my first pair of shoes, but I needed not to worry about it. The transaction was over in seconds so no problems there.

Let me add my tuppence worth too!
    I still occasionally get the jitters when I want to buy something be it make-up, clothes or anything feminine but I have learnt that no-one...absolutely no-one... gives a monkey's t#@s who you're buying for! I imagined my first time would be the end of me ie the tranny-alarm going off and life as we know it coming to an end! BUT...when I finally did pluck up the courage to just do it and bought some tights and lipstick....no-one cared! The feeling as I walked out of the shop was one of elation!!! AND I owned my very own lippy and tights!! What I'm getting at is...just do it love. You really won't regret it, I promise!

Confusious said "...even a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Take yours.

Happy shopping....

Karen xxx

Banned Read only
    You just need to learn some excuses.
    "This will keep my daughter out of the wifes makup".
    "This red nail polish is just the right color for my model fire truck, and cheaper than model paint".
    "This nail polish remover is handy stuff around the garage".
    "These nylons are the best wine strainers I have found".
    "These thongs are like wearing no underwear at all! Oooops!

Don't worry

Unless the person behind the cash register is your next-door neighbor, they don't really care. Their job is to get to the next customer, not to make judgments about you.

I feel your feelings-and I have found that it helps me to go and ask questions. So I learn the first one or two times what i really need or want and like then I go it
    Only a few times has it been difficult and it was worth it to me

I have the same problem with buying make up. Clothes i can buy with ease just not bras for for some reasons.
    It happens to all of us we chicken out are just find a reason not to buy what we want.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

I guess I have a few things at play here:

1-While there is a lot of people living in my community, it is still small enough where someone could see me buying it.

2-I am terrible at lying and I am still in the closet when it comes to crossdressing.

So with those 2 things at play, it is sometimes hard. Then there is the final factor, do I really want to buy make up to start with?

In general, the salesperson mindset is they do not judge. ....mainly because they have no idea what or where you are coming from. Is your town really that small?
    Secondly, who cares what they think? Write back to me when someone makes a snipe, or tries to deny the sale. If a rumor occurs, all I can say is that's pretty God-damned petty.
    At CVS, I have bought glue-on nails, makeup, bleach, eye makeup remover, and the cashiers do not care. It's all in your head.
    So far my achievement has been going to two different Dress Barns, Ann Taylor Loft, and Macy's, and my local supermarket while en femme, and I have been treated excellently. I've also bought bras, sheer pantyhose, panties, nighties, makeup while en homme in a busy line full of customers, and I do not care. I'm going to push the envelope way beyond that. Bottom line is No one judges and no one cares. the only thing the cashier cares about is the paycheck.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-29-2010 at 10:58 PM.

NathalieX66, I live in the Boston area. Downtown Boston is quite small, and then the community that I live in is even smaller. Maybe I oughta head outside of Financial District where I would be less recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    NathalieX66, I live in the Boston area. Downtown Boston is quite small, and then the community that I live in is even smaller. Maybe I oughta head outside of Financial District where I would be less recognized.
    Time to jump on the red line and head to Braintree mall , or in my case get on the T and head to Providence Mall, which is near the train station. ...hope this works.
    Providence should work. It's a weird city, with RISD being there and all.

I forgot about RISD.

Been to South Shore Plaza a long time ago, probably safe now. Could try Cambridgeside Galleria I guess.

In Providence, was too chicken to even check out the women's pajamas there.(Nordstrom's) I think that is a tougher place than Boston is.

The very first time I bought lipstick, I was as nervous as any one of us. The saleslady even had the nerve to ask me if I thought it was a good color for me. I just smiled and asked her what she thought. We both chuckled and I guess she will never know.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

I can't believe it, I actually went away and found myself still not going through with it. Right now I am tempted to call a place in my area that specializes in Crossdressing/transformations, etc. Knowing me, I would probably chicken out of that too though.

Aspiring Member
    Aside from some socks and makeup from someplace like Target, I'm an online buyer, however, one thing that helps my jitters is to go with a 'list' that I consult on a post it note. Not that anyone has ever said or looked at me funny, but if they did, I can always say "She sent me."
    Of course, the she is my other self, but that's our secret.
    —Mikaela

This reminds me of Friday.

I took off from work early and went shopping. I went to a chain store that had a layout different than the one I normally use. Well, I was looking around for some intimates but was not able to find what I wanted.

Turns out to be a good thing.

I was at the register "looking" at this very attractive young lady when her boyfriend showed up. Thinking he had caught me, I kept looking at him. Turns out, we work together.

I thought about how close that would have been since everyone knows that I am single now.

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Its amazing how hard it is to do some things. I still hesitate on doing some things (buying the one dollar lip gloss is one of them). Actually I keep eyeing the lip gloss at CVS (I don't need any)... and I keep telling myself I'll buy it when I go enfem. The funny part is when I'm there enfem (half my visits lol) I forget to even look at the lip gloss!!!

So I can't blame you one bit... I'm out fully and I still feel weird picking up feminine items when dressed as a guy. Sometimes it results in awkward situations... not that you ever have to run away screaming.
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

It can definately be nerve wracking buying femme items. Fortunately, I usually buy things with my SO so it's not as difficult, but trying to do it yourself is scary. Even knowing that people aren't going to think anything of it, and that I'll probably never see them again, it's still hard to do. If you push yourself to do it, I think you'll be surprised at how easy it is. Good luck girl!
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake