Thread: holy moly, I cant believe I did that!

holy moly, I cant believe I did that!

ok,

So, After work, I ran to the library to pick up some books for my wife, and after that, I was passing a walmart, so I stopped in to look around.. Found a few cute dresses, and VERY cute peasant top.. But wasn't REAL sure how they would look ON..

So,

I calmly and coolly went to the fitting rooms, and then I froze, I blurted out something stupid like "My wife is the same size I am, so I figured if they fir me, they'll fit her." The Lady and guy looked at each other looked at me with smiles, and the lady said, "Honey, you can tell me whatever you want, and I'll believe it" and then unlocked the door for me, then I find out you can only take 3 items in at a time, so I had to hang some up OUTSIDE the fitting room, try 3 on, and then switch them, which meant more visibility of me swapping dresses around at the fitting rooms

.. sigh...

oh well, I went ahead and did my thing.. ended up getting one of the dresses, a cute little black and white plaid button down, with tie rope and pleated skirt see pic, and that cute peasant top I was talking about.. I couldn't resist.. will look great with my jeans..again, see pic:
    Even if you ARE the sharpest tool in the shed, your still a tool.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Jamie, I have been shopping at Walmart, among other stores, for years. All you have to do is tell the SA's you want to try some items on! They want sales, not problems! Most of the time anyway! BTW, that top is real pretty. I might have to see if they have one in my size!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

good for you - enjoy - Ellen

Good on ya Jamie.

I think you'll find no problem at all if you just say they are for you. Rejoice that you have just jumped a big hurdle.

Happy days

Tash

That's awesome! I remember my first time going to a dressing room with a woman's garment.
    I just walked in like it was normal. Only one thing though but was still exciting.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

It's not normal?

LOL...ok ok...so I'm weird...

I look at it this way. The changing rooms are for trying on clothes that the store wants to sell. I won't buy without trying it on, and they understand that. Ergo, it is normal to bring clothes into the changing room. Ok, so the clothes could be designed for the "other" gender. But consider, 10 percent of all women's jeans sold are worn by men. Somebody is trying these on in changing rooms! I think it would be a very isolated, naive, and inexperienced SA who would not only treat the whole matter as routine, but would be smart enough to know that being professional is likely to put money in his/her pocket.

It's a buyer's market!

tina

I have the exact same dress plus one in red. I like them a lot !

I did this once in a charity stall at a music festival, convinced my partner at the time it would be fun, I got so excited browsing but picked a few hot little items and tried them on, it felt different at festival almost acceptable / hardly any one looked twice although I had hairy legs and short hair at the time

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    My weirdest changing room experience ... I promise not to keep repeating this story, I may have mentioned it once in this forum a couple of years ago ... I was dressed, and was in Macy's or somewhere like that and wanted to try on a dress.

So I took it into the dressing rooms ... and a sales girl followed me into the dressing room to help me! Just walked right in! Eeek!!! Fortunately I was wearing a panty girdle, so there was nothing to see in front, and I don't have any body hair on my midriff, but even so ... Eeek!!!

While she was zipping me up I held my hand up to the back of my neck, ostensibly to get my hair out of the way but really so maybe she wouldn't see the wig line. Anyway, when I came out of the dressing room she was gone from the floor. Probably in the back, freaking out or having a huge laugh with the other clerks. But I think I must have passed to begin with, because I doubt she would have barged in if she had known.

I've had a male shoe clerk put shoes on my feet while I was dressed too. Don't know what he thought. And it doesn't matter, does it?

Keep on doin' what you're doin'!

*** Jenna ***

(Blogging about gender at jennawillow.wordpress.com)

A similar thing happened to me...

...last year at one of the downtown the Bay Department stores here in Toronto.

I was dressed en femme and browsing through one of their racks of Ralph Lauren dresses when a young, attractive SA sidled up to me offering her help and proceeded to comment on some of the dresses I was considering. I found one to be particularly fetching, and she obviously agreed, as she then began to gush about it with all kinds of favorable comments of her own, finally ending with the semi-command "I want to see you in that dress!"

She then proceeded to march me right over to the nearest fitting room with it in hand, and true to her word, camped out right outside the door waiting for me to show it to her. Since I was already "trapped", I thought- "What the hey... I might as well go for it..." and opened the door to let her see me in it. Not only did my SA friend approve of the dress wholeheartedly, she even helped me fully zip up the back and later get out of it as well.

That was one of the most extraordinary and delicious experiences of my crossdressing life up to that point - not only because it was so spontaneous and unexpected, but also because while the trying on part appealed to my feminine side, having her push her ample breasts into the small of my back while she was struggling with the zipper appealed equally to my male side. And yes, fortunately I was wearing a panty girdle myself at the time to keep things under control IYKWIM .

To this day, I don't know if she actually "read" me or not at some point, but if she did, she certainly didn't let on. I didn't buy the dress in the end mainly because it was out of my price range, but she did give me her name as I was leaving and made me promise to ask for her the next time I came in.

Did you go to the dressing rooms in the male department or the female department?

Or is there a difference?

Yes, we were in the female dressing rooms, and there were other GG patrons around who were going about their normal business without making any comments or even giving us a second look.

Almost felt like an out-of body experience at times...

Jamie,
    I did something very similar. I was at a DSW and picked out a lovely pair of Chinese Laundry black pointy toe pumps. I proceed to the check out and the of course the girl at the register opens to the box to make sure the shoes corresponded with the box. She looks up and asks, "Are these for you?" I panic and say, "Nope, Christmas gift." and left it at that. Well, unfortunately, it was July or August or something. She responds, "A planner I see."

I walk out of the store just thinking to myself, "Christmas, you dope."

Someone ought to compile all the dumbest excuses that we use at stores and post them for all to read.

shopping for yourself

Why dont you gurls stop with the lame excuses when shopping endrab. Today I went to dress barn to find some capris that were long enough for me and asked the lady. She asked the size and I told her 14. Her response was mens or womans size. I said 14 womans, for me. She was really cool and helped me out but none were long enough.
    Get over the embarrassment and try it, you will be shocked at how easy it is to tell the truth and stop stammering and making an ass of yourself.
    Janet

Today I went to dress barn to find some capris that were long enough for me
    Janet, If you're a tall girl like me try petite or short jeans as capris
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

I still pick and choose where I feel comfortable (Wallyworld too redneck for me LOL although I have been honest there too). I've been in Dress Barn both femme & drab and tried things on no problem, and a few other smaller stores. Be nice and honest, they're there to sell not pass judgements.

I go to LB and Dot's and try things on in guy mode. Last weekend I went to Dot's dressed and one of the SA asked where my SO was, instead of wife. She had seen pics of me dressed, and I was wearing the same outfit she had on the day I bought mine. I saw her outfit and decided it looked so nice I had to have one too....BJ

Angry My experiance at Walmart

[SIZE="3"] I went to a Walmart in "guy mode" and found a really cute pink and black panty. I went to the fitting rooms and asked if I could try them on. the sa a woman said that I couldn', when I asked why she said that they were womens underwear not mens.[/SIZE]

Walmart store policies must differ. I've tried on womens clothing many, many times at my local store without a single problem, question, or second look (who knows what they are thinking). Going in I hold up the clothes, they automatically ask, "how many?" (we can take in up to six items), I tell them "how many," and I'm assigned a dressing room. No fuss, no muss, no excuses, in fact, no extra words necessary from me. Going out there is generally no comment whatsoever.

And, I'm in guy mode always.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 06-26-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    Walmart store policies must differ. I've tried on womens clothing many, many times at my local store without a single problem, question, or second look (who knows what they are thinking). Going in I hold up the clothes, they automatically ask, "how many" (we can take in up to six items), and I'm assigned a dressing room. No fuss, no muss, no excuses, in fact, no words necessary from me. Going out there is generally no comment whatsoever.

And, I'm in guy mode always.
    This walmart is in Canada. Went to the one i Calais to have my feet measured. To see what size womens shoe I should buy. When she asked how come I felt because there were two other women there. She took me to the mens side to show me some shoes there. While there I told her I like to CD and was wondering my shoe size. She was very nice about it and took me back to the womens section to show me some shoes. She explained about different styles and other things about them. Much to my suprize the other two ladies also gave me some tips with a smile on their faces. The SA even offered to let me try on some shoes right there but I was with some people who don't know about my CDing. I wish that I could have though!

Quote Originally Posted by JamieOH View Post
    ok,

So, After work, I ran to the library to pick up some books for my wife, and after that, I was passing a walmart, so I stopped in to look around.. Found a few cute dresses, and VERY cute peasant top.. But wasn't REAL sure how they would look ON..

So,

I calmly and coolly went to the fitting rooms, and then I froze, I blurted out something stupid like "My wife is the same size I am, so I figured if they fir me, they'll fit her." The Lady and guy looked at each other looked at me with smiles, and the lady said, "Honey, you can tell me whatever you want, and I'll believe it" and then unlocked the door for me, then I find out you can only take 3 items in at a time, so I had to hang some up OUTSIDE the fitting room, try 3 on, and then switch them, which meant more visibility of me swapping dresses around at the fitting rooms

.. sigh...

oh well, I went ahead and did my thing.. ended up getting one of the dresses, a cute little black and white plaid button down, with tie rope and pleated skirt see pic, and that cute peasant top I was talking about.. I couldn't resist.. will look great with my jeans..again, see pic:

dont worry about a thing Wal-Mart has a policy that they can not discriminate any customers at all afterall customers is why their in business so why would they turn you away go in there with confidence and pride of who you are and they will not say a word in fact in most cases they will help you and tell you,"you look great "

point is just have fun life is about having fun
    take care

Contracts it only gets Easyer LOL! That means you'll have more and more confidence and spend more money LOL. Every thing becomes a must have LOL the life of a GG! I'm becoming a shoe horde LOL! Love it!

Personally, I believe it's none of their business.
    If I want to try something on I will and so long as I'm not going to steal it they should just stand back and look for shoplifters.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I can understand the trip being a little embarrassing at points, it doesn't sound like the smoothest possible shopping trip for someone who's a little nervous about doing it. Although, you seem to have handled it perfectly! I think you should be really proud of yourself for having enough confidence that neither the sales assistants nor having to hang the clothes up outside the changing room ruined your fun! I know it's hard to be totally unaffected by people's negative reactions to dressing, but those people are not worth spoiling your happiness for!