Thread: Holy smokes, I never saw this coming!

Holy smokes, I never saw this coming!

Okay, so there I was dressed in a "smart" skirt suit just chatting away on a video chat room, having a grand old time. My phone rings and it's my wife, she asks, "Hey, did the alarm go off at the house?" I respond, "No, why do you ask?" or something along those lines with thoughts of what I knew what was coming. She says, "Well, the alarm company just called and said that there was a panic call sent from the house and that the police were dispatched. Oh sh-t!. As calmly as I could sound I tell her, "Okay, let me call you back," as I rush to the bedroom to change running in a manner so as not to let her hear my heels click clacking on the floor. HA HA, sorry, I had to laugh at just writing this.

So, I kick off my heels, tear off my jacket, cami, hose, panties and bustier and frantically look for something to put on to greet the police off......"knock, knock." Oh s--t, again. "Um, hang on one second, everything's all good in here!" I finally answer the door in a pair of boxers and a dirty t-shirt to greet our city's finest. I invite the police officer in and say, "Hey officer, yeah my wife just called me and to be expecting you, it was definitely a false alarm." Police officer, "Okay, no problem, so everything's okay? Can I see your ID to make sure you live here?" I show him my license and he calls it in to confirm that everything was just fine. I tell him, "Thank you for responding so quickly and to be safe." as he goes back to his patrol car. He comes back to the house to issue me a ticket warning of some sort for having a false alarm and takes off.

I shut the door and just think to myself, "Wow, I never, ever would have thought that this would be something that I would have to deal with. I can expect UPS FedEx or the exterminator to come by but how do you tell the police to hang on while I change out of a skirt suit and all its bits and pieces? Now I am on high alert for the time being in case the alarm sends out another false alarm.

I have to put this out there but have any of you all had to deal with the police in a situation like this? It could've been really bad. I can just imagine the cop calling in back up and kicking in the front door throwing me to the ground, handcuffed, neighbors milling about and calling my wife to verify I am in fact her husband and not an intruder robbing the house or just coming to try on her clothes or something like that. The mere thought sends chills down my spine.

Smile

just remember to check the alarm first.

or have something on to make the cops eyes pop out of there head

wow, now thats a scary experience

But what would really have happened if the police came to the door and you answered it dressed female. Do you really think that they would have cared and made a fuss. After all you were wearing a nice outfit. The police were doing what they were trained to do. keep you safe. I totally believe they would not have made a big deal out of it.

Believe me girl, if you had answered the door all dolled up, there is about a 99.9% chance that nothing would be said or otherwise.Those folks have (pardon the overuse of this one) seen it all. I have several police officers who are close friends and they don't even discuss the out of the ordinary things they see on the job. They are all very professional and keep eork at work, the way it should be.

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yazooey View Post
    Okay, so there I was dressed in a "smart" skirt suit just chatting away on a video chat room, having a grand old time. My phone rings and it's my wife, she asks, "Hey, did the alarm go off at the house?" I respond, "No, why do you ask?" or something along those lines with thoughts of what I knew what was coming. She says, "Well, the alarm company just called and said that there was a panic call sent from the house and that the police were dispatched. Oh sh-t!. As calmly as I could sound I tell her, "Okay, let me call you back," as I rush to the bedroom to change running in a manner so as not to let her hear my heels click clacking on the floor. HA HA, sorry, I had to laugh at just writing this...
    Huh? If you were calling her back what difference would it make how loud you were walking. That's where you lost me in the story...
    A
    Last edited by az_azeel; 06-25-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

You take the urban noise with some Durbin Poison.
    Its gonna lessen your load.....

Gold Member
    Had the police at my door once while I was dressed. Nothing but a quick change and they were looking for an ex-friend of ours.

But I would ask the alarm company about checking the system. Why did the alarm go off and is it malfunctioning? When I moved from Georgia, they were putting in a law and IIRC, after the third false alarm, they started billing you. That may be why you got a ticket. So you might want to check it out.

Gold Member
    I wonder if alarms are more trouble than what they are worth.
    Kind of bites you got a citation over that.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

For the police I would not worry, but if not out to the neighbors who will be watching from their windows, I would tend to stay away from the windows. The police might ask you why you are wearing a disguise though...but it is your castle so what? I once had to call 911 to report a break and enter and I'm glad I was not dressed because the police woman spent 1 hour interviewing me and when you call, they keep you on the phone so no time to change or wash up, I would have felt conspicuous. They caught the bad guy.
    Chickie

I'm just sort of curious how a "panic call" was made from your house to the alarm company when you didn't make it (I assume). Did you accidentally hit a silent alarm button? Maybe a nosy neighbor called it in? Funny story - except the ticket bit - but really weird. It'd be good to know so you don't have to deal with that situation again.

Okay, I got it wrong, actually, the police dispatcher called my wife as it was a panic call. I guess it bypasses the alarm dispatcher to cut some time off of the response time.

The citation wasn't really a citation, it is a warning and yes, where I live if you have more than three false alarms in one year you will then be charged for a "House call" from the police there after.

I did call the alarm company to see what was going on. They could not pinpoint what had happened. We recently had our detached garage wirelessly connected to our alarm system which required the installation of a wireless receiver to our alarm system's control box. They said that that could've set the system off. They told me if it happens again, call them to arrange for a tech to come out to check out the system.

I suppose nothing would have happened had I answered the door en femme but you know, I am not out to anyone other than you all so why bother with coming out to the police. I know they are professionals and keep work at work but you know the hassle and the thoughts of what he may be thinking and the thought that now our residence has a "freak" living there, they can wait next we are called out there even in a real emergency. I know, that is totally unlikely but that's just the way my mind works.

Quote Originally Posted by April Renee View Post
    Huh? If you were calling her back what difference would it make how loud you were walking. That's where you lost me in the story...
    April, sorry, well, in a situation like this, I like to multitask if you know what I mean. I still had the wife on the phone as I was rushing from the office to our bedroom to change. As soon as she asked me if I had set off the alarm, I knew what was coming next so I immediately started the process of changing and in my panic the first thing I thought of was, "Go to the bedroom." So, yeah, if I wasn't being careful I was afraid she could hear that distinctive sound of heels on wood floors.
    Last edited by az_azeel; 06-25-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: merged posts... multi-posting is not needed when you have an edit button

Fun loving Florida girl! tammygirl79's Avatar
    I have had the police come to my house in the past due to a false security alarm.....but thank God I was in drab....never dressed up. I would have panicked for sure!!!
    As a man I may look like I belong, but I don't feel like I belong...As a woman I may not look like I belong, but I feel like I belong!

Interesting scenario...

...how many of you out there live in an apartment block?

What happens when you are fully dressed, in an apartment block, and the fire alarm goes off?

Do you :

a) Get out, it's a fire for gods sake
    b) Spend five minutes changing back to drab, and that five minutes could cost you your life
    c) Spend twenty minutes changing back to drab AND removing your make up, knowing you haven't got a hope in hell of geting out.

I'm in an apartment block, it worries me.........

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Alarm problems!

Back in my "married" days, way before I began dressing, we had a complete alarm system installed.

We went out of the country and gave a neighbor the key to our house and our alarm code just in case! On a Sunday afternoon, for some unknown reason, it malfunctioned and went off!

Our neighbor told the alarm company, who told the police, that it was a false alarm. However, in her panic, she messed up the alarm code 3 times, after which the code won't work! And, it WON'T TURN OFF for 20 minutes! Unfortunately, the auto turn off malfunctioned also.

After 2 hours of the outside siren wailing, a male neighbor went in with his wire cutters and cut the siren wires. The short he caused as he cut, fried the alarm motherboard!

I had the system repaired, but NOT the exterior siren. And I no longer use a monitoring company! Now, as a CD, I'd be MORE worried about my alarm system giving me away, than a burglar!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This happened about 20 years ago but I was out walking down the street going to get on a bus .I was fully dressed and the police thought it would be funny to pull me up and do a check on there Radio It was a little embarrassing but it did not prevent me from going to see my movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie al though now I can't remember the name of it.It si not a bad thing to be out

With.my job I deal with the police a lot I've never had a problem they have seen every thing. It's not a big deal to them. How ever that's funny been there done that. One day you'll laugh about how funny it was!

Few years back I was stopped for a driving violation for unsafe lane change and was completely en femme at the time. I was so scared at first but the cop asked for my drivers license and wrote up the ticket without saying a thing. I was treated like nothing was unusual so no longer feel terrified of police when out as debbie

Aspiring Member

You didn't see that coming? What do you see?

So, you're not out to your wife --- and you're worried about the cops, or, the neighbors...?

It's not worth it, not really.

And, before everyone jumps all over me, when he gets busted, someone he knows is going to say:

"Why didn't you just say something sooner? What did you think was going to happen some day?"

Not worth the bother to hide it, not really.

You just look worse later.

Good luck - you're gonna need it.
    Last edited by mklinden2010; 06-26-2010 at 11:34 AM.

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.
    I was awakened one early morning by a noise and what appeared to be a flashlight moving through my livingroom - turned out I had left my garage door open and there was a policeman in my condo... I came out wearing a black full slip... He just suggested I get dressed, which I did, and we continued with a conversation about what might have been taken from my garage... No mention about my clothing...