Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing your femme name

Banned Read only

Hearing your femme name

i was in a business meeting today with a colleaguee named Renee. I jumped every time someone addressed her! I have to watch myself so i don't answer!! Any others have this experience?

Wow, interesting experience. Glad it worked out ok.

Fun loving Florida girl! tammygirl79's Avatar
    I haven't gone out in public enough enfemme yet, to here someone call my name. So when i here my female name when i am in drab does get my attention, but I have never made the mistake in answering to it. I think i would actually have more of a problem if I heard my male name being called while I was out enfemme.....i would probably hace to catch myself from answering to it.
    As a man I may look like I belong, but I don't feel like I belong...As a woman I may not look like I belong, but I feel like I belong!

Banned Read only
    i would actually have more of a problem if I heard my male name being called while I was out
    I thought that would be a problem too but it really hasn't. When i hear my guy name in Renee mode i really don't even react

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]It's the same with me Renee, if I hear my guy name while en femme I don't react at all. I do get a little thrill when I hear Susan while en femme or not. Luckily I haven't answered to Susan while drab....yet!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Banned Read only
    Maybe that's why I chose an unusual name. When I was out last weekend I shortened it to "D". Anyway mine means "sl*t" in Italian. How that will make me feel will probably depend on who's saying it

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Definitely! It's tough not to jump or respond when I hear "Hey, Kathi!"

Kathi

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Yes, it's very weird if not eiree feeling whenever I hear "Jocelyn" being called when out in the outside world. I usually will always snap to attention as a natural reflex. It also will cause my wife to giggle as well whenever shopping and we come across a sales associate with my name as well.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

You don't hear "Lallie" too much outside of babytalk, so it hasn't been a real problem for me. It would be much worse to hear my male name when I was dressed.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

I hear my name all the time, but its pretty much never directed towards a person. When I picked my name I didn't fully grasp the repercussions of having the same name as a season of the year .

I do smile every time I see a thread entitled "summer clothes"

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Yep .... me too. There's a couple of "Rachels" at my company and when I hear someone talking about "Rachel" I always think about myself. Last month I was standing in the middle of the purchasing department talking to a co-worker and I heard one of the buyers call out in a loud voice "Hey Rachel" and look directly at me ... I nearly died as I thought that somehow even though I was in boy mode, she knew all about me ... yet unbeknown to me, standing right behind me was the manager of that department and her name is Rachel!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

The first time I heard my fem name out loud was from Davida on the phone. Strange
    Keely

One of the Reds

Hearing your femme name

I agree it has happened to me also, was eating at a resturant alone wen I heard someone say HI JENNA, I almost said hi before I relized they were talking to a girl that had just walked in. we do have to be careful.

Aspiring Member
    Mine is only a problem when I hear someone say "Holy crap, I need to get some nutmeg on this eggnog."

Actually no. I don't go by it, but if I did....

I hear mine every time I play golf. A standard statement when you leave a put short is "nice put Alice!" I smile every time I hear it and use it myself all to frequently.

Alice, is that a reference to The Honeymooners?

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Gold Member
    I have the reverse problem. When I dress and shop with my daughter, I always answer when she goes "Hey Dad, check out this top!".

Renee, when I chose my name I decided that my given name feminized was the way to go. So from Terry Gene ot Teri Jean was simple for me and also for those I know and work with. Now the thing that gives me a head turn is when somebody refers to me as she, her, mam, or miss. The gender pronouns has been the lastest work in progress. LOL

Teri

Smile

Note to self: don't go out with daughter shopping. LOL. Thanks for that one!

My son burned a CD with a random bunch of music for me once, and one of the songs he put on it was Elvis Costello's "Alison". That kinda startled me, but I don't think he knew... just a song he liked. I had never heard the song before that, but had been going by Alison en femme for quite some time by then.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonRenee View Post
    My son burned a CD
    Do you visit him in prison

Well,, when I hear my fem name, my head does go on a swivel, but then again, asside from a few celebrities, it's not the kind of name one hears every day unless you're on a reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by donnina1963 View Post
    Do you visit him in prison
    Good point, I shoulda clarified that. Compact Disc.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    There are not many Erins out there.
    But the rare times I do hear it, I do respond as a knee-jerk reaction.
    Some know me only by Erin.
    I don't respond to Nicole, cause tho it will be part of my femme name when I change it someday, I just, Erin feels most natural.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Definitely, I had to talk with Michelle at a client's today. Her boss has been on the phone with me before and hollered to Michelle and I responded. Had to get out of it by saying that I wasn't paying close attention.
    Michelle