Thread: Got my wig!

Got my wig!

I finally got my wig and spent the last night trying to get it decent looking out of its packaging as it was all frizzy and flattened out different places. I am going to start working on my look more and more and am thinking about going out when I do. Maybe even just for a drive at night. I dont know what else I am missing physically but is there any advice out there for the first time going out? I'd imagine I would be pretty freaked out if I had to stop at a stoplight for way too long lol What was it like the first few times you ladies went out in public? What kind of reactions were there if any? I plan on taking baby steps like walking or driving or even just stepping outside for a min dressed. I don't think I am passable enough for my own comfort yet to just go out. one day though!

any advice would help!

In the wild a predator can sense if another animal is scared. It's the same with humans. People can "sense" scared, nervous or worried. Which makes us stand out all the more.
    Just relax, hold your head up and enjoy. You have just as much right to be out and about being yourself as they do.
    If it makes you feel better, then take baby steps first. Stand outside on the back porch. Then move to the front porch another time. Then maybe to the end of the drive... etc.
    Not really a good idea for a first timer to run to a DressBarn sale on her first day! Although you will find them hard to resist later
    Enjoying yourself is the first thing Annalise.
    Don't fret about looking good the first time out. Heck, I'vev been going out for years and I still don't have the "lookin' good" part down. But I have to say - practicing is one of the fun parts.

Banned Read only
    From looking at your pics, if your makeup and wig look good, if you're stopped at a red light for a while, any looks you'll be getting will be the "good" kind

B.B.C.D. & D.Q.I.T. Chloe' Buffington's Avatar

Driving Skills

When I go out and have to drive I use this skill to keep me off the radar of other drivers, (see pic.) It works because you lay back from the car in front and the second car can't get a good look. Mine is the purple car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is too short to not be who you are.

You can comb out your wig and then let is soak in cool water. If you smoke then use a tablespoon of vinegar when you let it soak. Use a conditioner to wash it...Make sure to let it dry out before you brush it. You would want to hold it down with one hand flat on a table when you comb it out as not to pull the hairs from the roots. These wigs have memories so they should go back to shape no problems.

Just becareful if you haven't driven with heels before as braking takes a bit more practice...Depending on your heel height you will notice more pressure on your calves and a different pivot point.

Have fun