Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how can you tell if somebody else is a crossdresser

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face how can you tell if somebody else is a crossdresser

I think that this question has been ask before, but are there any signs or words to find out from someone else if that person is also a crossdresser?

Gold Member
    Crap you really cannot know. I mean unless they have a lot of signals, like guys with thin eyebrows, shaved legs, and kind of "pretty"

But for real, think of this - you see some FTM guys who look like bad boys, what if you saw them on the street? You would think it was just some "tough guy" not knowing he is genetically female. Or what about some GM's who are totally masculine except when they dress?

So yeah unless they are dropping obvious signs, you really cannot tell.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

If they are shopping for dresses or high heels.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Yeah... if you see garter tabs presed against their trousers, and a tight bra starp going around their back pressed against their shirt.
    Of course the smell of White Diamond perfume on Ernie the truck driver is a dead give away too.

For real: You can't!

There is no way too tell. I got an answer for everything that might give me away! Most people wouldn't beleive you, if you told them I was. LOL. I got two answers for the shaved legs.......LOL

Or the guy infront of me today that also bought 3 sets of pantyhose...Unless he was just a really great husband

Quote Originally Posted by bianca66 View Post
    Or the guy infront of me today that also bought 3 sets of pantyhose...Unless he was just a really great husband
    hey, you never know.... a long time ago when I was married I often picked up pantyhose for my wife when I went to the store, at her request. I wasn't dressing at the time, cross my heart. I've bought them for my daughter too. It was good practice for when I started dressing again later, since by then I knew how to read the size charts on the packages... and I'd gotten over any fear of being seen buying pantyhose.

One clue that the hose may not be for the guy in front of you at the store is the presence of feminine hygiene products in the cart. I've done that too. Bought them, I mean.
    Last edited by AlisonRenee; 06-30-2010 at 10:49 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Rubber band on the left wrist on Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonRenee View Post
    hey, you never know.... a long time ago when I was married I often picked up pantyhose for my wife when I went to the store, at her request. I wasn't dressing at the time, cross my heart. I've bought them for my daughter too. It was good practice for when I started dressing again later, since by then I knew how to read the size charts on the packages... and I'd gotten over any fear of being seen buying pantyhose.

One clue that the hose may not be for the guy in front of you at the store is the presence of feminine hygiene products in the cart. I've done that too. Bought them, I mean.
    The mark of a good husband; running out to your local convenience store at 3 in the morning to buy that monthly product.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jamie-noun-(JAY-mee)-A mystifying enigma that's wrapped in a mystery that's secluded in a dark forest with mind-teasers and twisters, that loves anime and video games . . . with a rack . . .

~Vanity is a bitch, and I'm her willing slave.~

Quote Originally Posted by bianca66 View Post
    Could have been a bank robber...

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMc View Post
    Could have been a bank robber...
    Or a truck driver... many wear tights, especially in the winter... they work!

I have used them (well cut up bits!!lol) as windshields for microphones and filters for other things... Some thongs (I have heard) make great slingshots!

Perhaps if they stand in The Middle of Town Square and repeatedly scream out, "I'm a Crossdresser!" I would tend to believe them!

Perhaps if you ran around to All The Dressing Rooms at your local Department Store. You could throw back The Curtain in each room and see if some guy was wearing Women's Undergarments! That might work!

Or, you could keep hanging around here! It's a safe bet that if I go by Joanie and I'm writing in The M to F Section, I am probably a Crossdresser! (yes Ladies, and transmen, I know you all sometimes write in this Section, I'm taking "Poetic License.)

And you folks thought there were no easy answers in Life!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 06-30-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Banned Read only
    I'm not sure but I'd like to try by dressing in such a way to elicit visible signs of arousal and if those signs are evident and they ae wearing women's clothes, bingo

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    Perhaps if they stand in The Middle of Town Square and repeatedly scream out, "I'm a Crossdresser!" I would tend to believe them!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    I suggest that you do not do that in my town though,

Sorry Joanie could not help that one,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

That's a tough one. Maybe you could look for traces of eye liner or nail polish that was not properly removed.

OR

Ask them! Hey dude, are you a crossdresser? If the answer is yes, then there is a better than fair chance he is. If the answer is no, then he is either unwilling to admit it to you, or he is not a crossdresser.

Tash

Quote Originally Posted by andrea35 View Post
    but are there any signs or words to find out from someone else if that person is also a crossdresser?
    Yes , it is "excuse me but are you a cross dresser"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

That's easy!
    Just ask him. After he answers (probably with a "no"), wait and see if his nose grows or his pants catch on fire.

It is possible to find out anything that you want to “know” about anyone. You just have to ask the “right” questions and orchestrate the timing and delivery.

It is similar to “detecting” lies and recognizing “liars”. Are there any “tricks” you can use “tomorrow” on your “target”? Sure, there are many books with “tricks” you can experiment with. But just like anything else, the credibility of the results produced will be dependent upon the quality and quantity of the resources you invest. ( i.e. “tricks are for kids”, lol)

If you are asking if it is possible to “read” people, the answer is yes. But it requires sound knowledge of human behavior and kinesics (cues…body language) to develop the skills to do it accurately. It is far too complex to explain the techniques in a forum post.

Good Luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bass Ackwards since 1991! Allyson Michelle's Avatar
    One can usually never tell who is a CD. In my male life, I am very masculine. I wear muscle shirts and cargo shorts. Nobody would ever suspect me, but then again, I have a homosexual friend who happens to be a CD and even in his male life, he wears makeup so...
    I'm not a very religious person, but this quote really got me closer to Him and myself. For I now know the true meaning of who I am.

"But the Lord said to Samuel, Look not on his face, nor on the height of his stature . . . : for [SIZE="3"]the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the mind.[/SIZE]" - (1 Sam 16:7)

Someone who looks very feminine who's shopping for women's clothes. I have run into a couple.

Someone who has arrived at the exact same spot in the exact same section in a large library. The transsexual/cross-dressing section, who also happens to be pretty. I did that one time also.

Some people just LOOK like they'd look better in women's clothes. They are often with women. I know this is NOT any kind of actual sign, but I'm sure it's true some of the time.

[SIZE=4]I meet a lot of people who are questionable about their original gender. I have never asked if they are, or are not a crossdresser. I simply assume that they want to appear as they present to me, so I go with it.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Not the one on TV!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]I meet a lot of people who are questionable about their original gender. I have never asked if they are, or are not a crossdresser. I simply assume that they want to appear as they present to me, so I go with it.[/SIZE]
    Perfect response Tamara!

Since I'm 247 It's easy as a rule some one will say some thing about what I'm wearing ie I like them shoes or wear did u get that or I wish I could dress at work or all the time.

There was a woman selling art across from where I work last week and I'll give you even money she was one of us. Very male body and movements. I noticed but all the tourists took her for what she is. I thought it was pretty cool. As I told a friend, takes one to know one sometimes.
    P.S. I got busy and didn't have time to go over for a chat. I hope she's back this weekend.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Satistically, there are probably about a dozen MTF CD at my work-place. I've been looking around trying to figure out who.

There are two that have unusual hair, one rounded and a lot of volume, the other long enough that it is worn in a pony tail; the big-hair fellow I haven't ruled out yet, but the pony-tail fellow doesn't give me the right "vibes". We have a guest worker that does somehow give me the right vibes to be a bedroom dresser, but I have no idea how I arrive at that perception.

I am not the only guy at work with earrings, but the relatively few others are always small male-like hoops that seem permanently stuck there; I haven't observed any of the other guys going through a variety of guy styles let alone going through a variety of dangles and other styles (i.e., makng it clear that I didn't just get my ears pierced as a macho thing but that I like wearing femme earrings)

I haven't observed anyone else wearing even a fraction of the variety of tops that I have. The closest is that the fellow in the next office over sometimes wears a pink mens shirt.

If anyone were to look carefully at my ankles they'd see me go through a pretty odd variety of "socks", some thin enough to be pantyhose, some plaid or vivid colors... and if they were to happen to notice me bending over to get something from the vending machine, they might notice the tops of my tights or they might notice my unusually colored microfibre panties (some of which have lace at the top).

If the idea were to get into someone's head at work that I am a CD, it wouldn't take very many days at all to be pretty confident -- and yet there are only two guys at work that I have intuitive suspicions about with no proof.

There seem to be two sides to this question and answers...

1. Can you spot a CD girl when she is in male mode (drab) and say... oh yes gotcha!

2. Can spot a CD when she's in girl mode... the same.

1. I've never looked! I have several give-aways... no hair on my arms and legs... eyebrows are shaped (not excessively, but "trimmed") and sometimes I may have clear nail polish on my hands and or my toes (sometimes my toes are coloured, but then I don't show them in male mode!).

There are indeed answers to all of these and reasons for them that have nothing to do with CDing! And most people don't even notice! Even if they do, they will not automatically think "CD"! They'll fill in other reasons... There are lots of "normal" guys now who shave their bodies and "groom" more, especially the young.

Yeah... bra straps and suspenders could be a give-away! So I wear checky shirts and loose fitting trousers if I am having one of those days!

2. This is about passing. I have spotted a few, but I know what I am looking for! I have spotted some girls who "could be"... I suspect the ones I spotted were (to me) very obvious. What is interesting is that no-one else seemed to notice - well... demonstrate that that they had!

But I regard "spotting" as a hobby of mine...! I have learned a lot from the bservation of others!

Kaz xx