Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how can you tell if somebody else is a crossdresser

is this another "Spot the Tranny" thread
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

No way to know, without any blatant girl clothes on him. Eyeliner, metrosexuals wear it. So do actors. Anybody remember Kiss and Gene Simmons? Rockers wear make up too. Nail polish traces? Try paint on your fingernails, and in a rush not to get it all off.
    But it's still one in forty; there are a lot of us out there. Another clue; shaved arms and other body parts on older guys; most of us aren't in the swim teams. You can excuse parts, for example, the chest for a stress test, or legs if you wear support hose. But if you're basically shaved pretty much everywhere but your head, well, hmmmmmmm. But you're not going to notice that in Walmart.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not the one on TV!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]I meet a lot of people who are questionable about their original gender. I have never asked if they are, or are not a crossdresser. I simply assume that they want to appear as they present to me, so I go with it.[/SIZE]
    Perfect response Tamara!

Quote Originally Posted by bianca66 View Post
    Or the guy infront of me today that also bought 3 sets of pantyhose...Unless he was just a really great husband
    Could have been a bank robber...

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMc View Post
    Could have been a bank robber...
    Or a truck driver... many wear tights, especially in the winter... they work!

I have used them (well cut up bits!!lol) as windshields for microphones and filters for other things... Some thongs (I have heard) make great slingshots!

If you see a guy in a dress, he's probably a crossdresser.

I can't believe nobody said that yet!
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith_G View Post
    If you see a guy in a dress, he's probably a crossdresser.
    Or a Drag Queen, or comedian, or a participant in a charity event, or a participant in a political protest, or an actor, or employed by a "singing telegram" service, or ...

"The biggest one I ever bagged was a "145 pounder " at a shoppin' mall back in 67'. It took two of us to reel er' in'. Those were the good ole' days before all those preservatives made em' slow-n-stocky....No fun anymoe'...

Sorry, couldn't resist...this topic always conjures up images of hunting and fishing stories in my head. hehehee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Seems to me the most reliable way to tell is if you see someone who sometimes wears "women's" clothes and sometimes wears "men's" clothes, then there is a chance they are a cross-dresser
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Seems to me the most reliable way to tell is if you see someone who sometimes wears "women's" clothes and sometimes wears "men's" clothes, then there is a chance they are a cross-dresser
    Or a Drag Queen, or a comedian...

We are starting to get in to the definition of "cross-dresser": some people say that it is the action of wearing the clothes of the "other" gender, by which definition Drag Queens would qualify. As has been generalized before, though, Drag Queens usually want to switch back to their regular clothes as soon as practical, whereas people like me want to wear female clothes more. Well, more obvious female clothes in my case

how can you tell if somebody else is a crossdresser

[SIZE=2]Very easy really...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Just look closely at anyone dressed to the nines in the supermarket... lol[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Dress, stockings, heels, wig, etc.....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]And if she also has a full mustache, chances are...well, you know......she's probably a CDer ............lol[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]But theres some that you can't tell in a million years because their either really young or really old..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

You are remarkable

I am really new to this CD life. Haven't even got any clothes yet.
    Apparently I am still a bit conflicted.
    BUT
    I saw your picture. No part of my mind can grasp that you are male. Even the pictures on your website are all woman.
    If you are an example of what awaits me then my conflict is diminished.
    Most pictures I've seen of CD's are obviously male and not that passable as women.
    If I just met you in person I would not have thought CD or a male.

Randee

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    if you see someone who sometimes wears "women's" clothes and sometimes wears "men's" clothes, then there is a chance they are a cross-dresser
    Or a Drag Queen, or a comedian...
    I suspect that you are only playing devils advocate, since I did not say anything stronger than " there is a chance"

But you are also right to say

We are starting to get in to the definition of "cross-dresser": some people say that it is the action of wearing the clothes of the "other" gender, by which definition Drag Queens would qualify.
    I am someone who does believe that the functional definition applies, which is why I still count fetishistic cross-dressers as cross-dressers.

For me, if someone cross-dresses (for whatever purpose) on a semi-regular basis, then they are a cross-dresser. I accept that others may believe that there is some other quality needed to make a person a "true" cross-dresser, but I would hope that we can agree to disagree.

Since there is more than a strong probability that I am TS, when would I be cross-dressing on your scale? My psy accepts that (for me) it is when I pretend to be a man.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Randeee View Post
    I saw your picture. No part of my mind can grasp that you are male. Even the pictures on your website are all woman.
    If you are an example of what awaits me then my conflict is diminished.
    Most pictures I've seen of CD's are obviously male and not that passable as women.
    If I just met you in person I would not have thought CD or a male.

Randee
    [SIZE=2]Umm, 1st girls that comes to mind that fits that description to a T is Kellycan or Monika, but wasn't aware they had a website??? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Think you'll see that many of the girls in here are absolutely gorgeous & my hat goes off to them....well, that's if I wore a hat ...lol [/SIZE]
    Last edited by az_azeel; 07-02-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: fixed a wee spelling error... ;)
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Shaved legs is not a give away. Body builders shave hair off every inch of skin, guys who tend to look like Big Foot/Sasquatch tend to do it as well. I hate seeing bigfoot in the locker room at the gym, shave it off or cover it up.

A male may not know if another male is a crossdresser or not, but here are some cues (speaking from my own experience here):

*Knows much more about women's clothes and sizes than the average guy.

*Taunts women with such things as (Heels, pantyhose, etc.) are not bad, you are just complaining about them.

*Women have it easier than men, they can wear whatever they want, especially in summer at the office, where woman can wear dresses and skirts, but men must wear pants.

I think those can be tell tale signs.

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    *Knows much more about women's clothes and sizes than the average guy.
    For years before I knew I was a cross-dresser, I knew more about women's clothes and sizes than my wife did

You may be a (latent) cross-dresser if, when your wife is shopping for a bra, you correct the sales clerk about the bra style ("No, no, that's not a balconette, that's a push-up bra!")

For years before I knew I was a cross-dresser, I knew more about women's clothes and sizes than my wife did

You may be a (latent) cross-dresser if, when your wife is shopping for a bra, you correct the sales clerk about the bra style ("No, no, that's not a balconette, that's a push-up bra!")
    Sounds embarrassing.