Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do?

People often do not expect, nor do they believe the truth when it sounds entirely out of character. So tell them you look better with shaved legs when you wear a skirt. This has the benefit of being the truth and being outrageous. When they ask "Do you really wear skirts?" just smile and tell the "Of course I do." They won't believe you, they will think you are just being crazy today, and they will probably drop the subject. You will have outed yourself in a non-confrontational manner yet you can still joke about it if you want to. I have outed myself about things way more controversial than alternative clothing choices and the world did not come to an end. Let's try taking some small steps towards being honest with ourselves and with others and see what happens.

just start doing triathlons

thats my excuse. 2 good reasons: faster swim (sort of) and safer if you crash your bike -- trying to clean and bandage a hairy leg is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kaleyg View Post
    thats my excuse. 2 good reasons: faster swim (sort of) and safer if you crash your bike -- trying to clean and bandage a hairy leg is bad.
    That would work if Ryan was really active....

...But....

Love you, babe...but, you're lazy.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

It was your idea..

When asked,it can always be the SO's idea and" I like it now".As far as being a sluggo..well you are apt to hurt yourself IF YOU DO exercise and no hair will help with the wound care!

Platinum Member
    My son mentioned that a frat brother shaved himself from head to toe - the guys only explanation was he preferred to be shaved. That was good enough for the frat. He may have had another reason, but didn't need to share it.

The explanation I give for shaven legs is that the skin tone on my legs is fish belly white, and I have to use spray tan and bronzers to get a tan on them. Since I also have blonde hair which is turned orange by the bronzer, I have always shaved my legs in the summertime for aesthetics, male variety. This also has the advantage of being true, as anyone who has ever seen my legs without bronzer or spray tan in bright sunlight would testify. The sunlight reflects off my legs like a solid white wall.

I suppose that if you have olive complexion skin this might not work as well, but no one has ever bothered me, and only a few have ever asked.

This summer in particular, it's become particularly irritating to slather sunscreen on my legs and see hair there looking like something out of a greaser show. I think it's really ugly and frankly somewhat disgusting.

I'm getting to the point where I hate my leg hair. If someone ever challenged me on not having leg hair, the above is how I would respond.

I have a novel approach to answering questions like that, I say "Don't ask questions unless you really want a true answer." That shuts half them down and the other half really DO want to know. So I say, because I like the way it looks and feels.

The trouble with making up a story ( I swim or bike or lift weights or was held down by a roving band of hairdressers) is you have to back that story. You will meet a person someday who will say "cool..lets go biking sometime." and you don't own anything but the old Schwinn with the bell on the handle bars. Or you can't swim or the roving band of razor wielding hairdressers really exist and now they are after you for dissing them.

Fess up, you like the way it looks and feels. Ain't nuthin' wrong with that
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Thought of the best reply.

Tell him you're getting ready for you guys' next brorgy.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    It's my experience that when people ask questions, it is because there is something in it that rings bells for them, whether they've experienced it themselves or have witnessed it before in someone they care about.

I think it's time you tell your friend.

EDIT - Or maybe they found your stash, or saw you dressed, if you have several friends asking similar questions.

They might well treat you differently, but if they are smart guys they may be able to understand if you educate them properly. I don't know if you enjoy being a guy with them, but if you do and you continue to be your(guy)self with them, I sense that they will be able to take it in stride. After all, nothing will have changed when you are with them. It might be more difficult if you dress in front of them though.

It's the "educating" part that I worry about.. Telling someone in my family would be easy if I knew how to show them the reasons why I or anyone else would care to cross dress.. I have no clue how to tell someone why I do this because I'm not sure myself. So when I was setting up this paper I was getting all this information put together so I could have something set up to show someone in the event of my accidental death. And all these pages were set to show someone the ultimate answer to why I cross dress, which included sights from both the people who like cross dressing and those who explain it as a bad fetish or even go as far as to say it is an illness.. After putting 50 pages (front and back) I decided that just wasn't good enough so I shreded the whole lot.. except for three pages and then a month later got rid of the rest of it.. So now I guess if I leave this earth accidentally and it is found they'll just have to figure it out on their own.. Like I did.. (sort of)
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    My son mentioned that a frat brother shaved himself from head to toe - the guys only explanation was he preferred to be shaved. That was good enough for the frat. He may have had another reason, but didn't need to share it.
    When I was in one, an upperclassman had disappeared one night in the canals of Tampa and when he had returned, shaved his head, only to realize that his eyebrows were too bushy. So he shaved them, too.
    —Mikaela

Alexis "Lexie"
    Hey Hannah, I'm sure your fraternity brother was just curious since you don't see too many guys walking around with their legs shaved, especially here in Alabama. I keep my legs shaved and no one has really said anything. The couple of people that did ask me why I didn't have any hair on my legs, I just replied "I shave them because I prefer them that way and it makes me feel cleaner." After that, the subject was never brought up again. The way I see it: if guys can shave their face, head, chest, stomach or any other area the body, what's so wrong about the legs? It's just a matter of preference.

As for telling your fraternity brothers that you crossdress, that really depends on your relationship with them. I think that's awesome that you told your family. Again, it's all a matter of what is comfortable for you. For me, personally, I would never share the fact that I crossdress with anyone besides the members of this community and my SO. However, that's me. If you did tell your fraternity brothers, I'm sure they'll be cool with it.

Anyway, hope I helped. ~ Christina

I have been shaving my legs for 10-12 years now and at first people asked all the time but now when they ask I just tell them that I do not shave them, the hair just does not grow anymore.