Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage

Vintage

How many girls here are into vintage clothing or remember them?

Aspiring Member

Yeah I love vintage girls Clothing!

Yes I sure would opt out for a lot of historical female clothing. To bad a lot of that clothing went out of style. Maybe it is time to bring a lot of it back!. I would wear it!. Just given a chance really!. Suzy!.

Re: Vintage

For special social situations (IMO) I would opt for good vintage clothes (and retro clothes too)...but "good" in my mind means properly coordinated, well-fitting, well-tailored, pristene (if pre-owned)... which all tranlates into tough putting together... Ah...but if I had the cash to spare..

J.

Well clothing and lingerie. I remember what got me into lingerie a friends mom got the fredericks catalog. I remember the naughty lingerie in their. Would be great to find some now.

As I am into cowboy action shooting I would love to go in fem. Dressed as a 1870's school marm or???

Kymmie

Yes, a time were Woman looked like Woman!

Oh I am fully with you. Todays Female lost a lot, crossdress all the time, lacy walking and so on. Todays Female thinks that Woman's Lib. also means don't look female anymore. (I am going in hiding after this before GG's kill me ),
    No I don't mean you have to go back to hoopskirts and so on, but a swinging full circle skirt or a straight skirt and at least some heel size.
    You know it's realy funny, here in Australia Woman go to work more femine then being with her Family. I think French Girls are still pretty much on the femine site. I talked to a French Girl and she thinks that she would never run around in a Track Suit or anything with just a rubber waist.
    Well this is my idea for todays Woman:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TRUE FEMININE = TOTAL WOMAN!

I was thinking of back to the 50s to the 70. Including Betty page outfit.

Betty Page

I loved that gal
    [SIZE="2"]THE DREAD PIRATESS JAMES

[/SIZE]

yes!

-and brunettes can have "fun" too !!
    the borderline -S&M was hmmm !?!. I loved the heels-
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by jade lee
    How many girls here are into vintage clothing or remember them?
    Oh yeah!
    Full skirts!
    Petticoats!
    Nylons!
    White heels!
    Beehives!
    Make-up put on with a trowel!
    Girlfriends!
    Oh yeah!

Love Angela XX
    Last edited by Angela Burke; 08-27-2005 at 07:51 AM.

Classic Lingerie Lover

Talking Especially Lingerie

Hi gals,
    My kind of thread. I just love lingerie from the '50's and '60's. Those swishy full taffeta petticoats, lucious full slips and half slips, gown and peignoir sets of soft sheer or satin.

Sure can't find them at any of the mainstream stores today. I'm fortunate to have quite a few items which have survived numerous purges so I can still enjoy them now! I hope I never weaken to have another purge! What a loss!

I see some things on E-bay but thay get snapped up quickly so I guess we are not alone.

[SIZE=5]Cathy[/SIZE]

I have always liked vintage lingerie. I started CD'ing back in the late 50's with the Playtex rubber girdles. They were fantastic and I was devastated when I could no longer buy them in the department stores. Back in those days, women took pride in looking their best and very nice lingerie abounded. The good old days, as they say.......

in pink
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

vintage would be fun.. anything before the 60's, really big fancy frilly flowy dresses.. I used to giggle when carol burnett over-exemplified the south and wore dresses with hoops that were like 8 feet in diameter, and she would sit down and it would block her whole body and you'd just see the fluffy pantaloons underneath.

Platinum Member
    i can't say that i am into vintage but like anything i buy if it catches my eye then i got to have it....

Betty is Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Khriss
    -and brunettes can have "fun" too !!
    the borderline -S&M was hmmm !?!. I loved the heels-
    I remember my dad had her pin up in the garage..rrrrrowwww! She was stunning. I don't really have any vintage stuff, but love her look and do you remember seeing Lily St Cyr lingere adds in the detective magazines? I used to turn to the back of them while sitting in a chair waiting for a haircut on Saturday morning as a youngster.

Banned Read only
    I'm into the junior styles of the 90's. I don't like any of the modern juniors styles. I'll consider other vintage items as long as they look nice. But truthfully, I have so many clothes right now that I feel like I don't have to go shopping anymore. I'm pretty much happy with my collection.

janetb

60's

mmmh, the panty girdles etc etc etc. Any melbourne girls like the same? janet

Vintage does it for me.

All of my outfits are what I refer to as vintage. Mostly from the glamourous 80's which copied a lot of elements that I love from the 40's and 50's styles. Currently I'm shopping for Hawaiian/Swing/Rockabilly halter top dresses with a full skirt. The type that requires a crinoline.

I do not own any outfits that are new although I will by reproductions.

Debbie

Check out www.girdlebound.com It is not what you think but all types of girdles and pointy bras. Thank Girls for the imput.

vintage is fun, so is retro.

ooxx

Hey Kymmie L, If you're going to go CAS effem, best make sure you got your SAA or RV's strapped on under your skirts. Incase some one starts giving you a bunch of stuff. By the way, are you a SASS member, we are SASS Life...BJ

Smile

jade lee

I love girdlebound.com. They have some lovely things to offer and have web sites that offer even more.

girlie guy
    Oh, absolutely, Jade Lee, those styles are highly desirable. Web sites are selling tattered and stained clothing items just because they are "retro", but anybody who follows fashion trends knows that the old ones come back after the new ones fade away, I'm glad they have because things were so nice and frilly then!

(curtsey)

Vintage? retro? Oh yes! Petticoats, armor plated garter belts, ruffled panties and bullet bras! Always have been my favorite. Little girl or 'Shirley Temple' dresses. All of these make me feel sooooooo feminine.

(curtsey)

sissy s.

There are4 things i long for the return of
    1) the bee hive hair due( just kiding } fashion print pantyhose
    {ex; white with rose print over them or kiss prints or tiny red dots}
    like young teenaged girl wore in the early to mid 80's

2)ladies business suits with padded shoulder and shirt dresses

3) the disco mini dresses

4) and the bold jewlery of the 70's and 80's

that my $.10 worth
    Tina