Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did CDing influence your choice of house?

Smile Did CDing influence your choice of house?

When I bought my first house and my second house, I asked myself before buying... "Can I wear my sexy and pretty outfits here without getting busted?" Particularly where I work at home.

I thought it's funny how my largest investments were influenced by my crossdressing.

I'm very happy with my decisions... Now to figure out how to get a large acreage so I can dress privatly outside... that would rock!

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar

It didn't but should have...........

[SIZE="3"]Good topic. I have lived over 20 years at my current home which is on a corner in a residential community. At the time CDing was not a major concern. My side and backyard are very exposed to the street and as such limit my ability to go outside dressed except for late at night and then even with some trepidation. I have often thought how I should have taken my CDing into account when I purchased. For sure now, should I purchase another home, my CDing will have a major impact on the purchase. To that point, it seems that many of the CDers, like myself have a greater urge to spend more time enfem as we age. [/SIZE]
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Absolutely!

Can you say closet space? Heehee!

Access, ability to come and go as I wish. Although, my neighbors see both presentations quite often, none have said anything other than hi! Though after about a year now, the boys and guys across the cul de sac do not watch me mow the lawn in a skirt anymore!

Dana

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Interesting question......

However the more important question would be if CDing has infuenced any major life choices you made.
    I suspect that many CDers have made life choices to accommodate their CDing if only subcounsiously.

I would have to say it did, I live back into the woods so this time of the year I can't see any other houses I might get 5 cars a day past my house and with a long drive way I am able to walk around outside and only worry about is mosquitos. and still only 5 mile out of town.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    my wife and I love our privacy and when we built our current house we did what we could to stay out of the public eye and have a quiet place in a busy suburb. I still have work to do on the yard and fences to improve it, but it seems to work pretty well except for one thing. Her mother, father and older brother live just up the driveway about 150 feet from our front door.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

We just moved from the Northeast to Texas 6 months ago, and since crossdressing is not a major part of my life, it was not a consideration for us. However, if it was, this area would NOT be the idea place to live. The property is so small compared to where we came from, and houses are so close (but much larger). For those that dress more openly, I would definitely think that larger and more privacy would be on the top of the "like to have" feature list if not the "must have" feature list.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    This thread is very apt for me at the moment,When my first marriage ended I wasn't thinking of finding a council house just so It would help my dressing,but as luck would have It I was offered a flat in tower block (10 floors up),which turned out to be a godsend.

But fast forward to the present,We are now on local Council housing List,hoping to find nice house,with garden for the kids,If was in position to find a place where could dress freely in (and outside) we would,but we cannot afford to turn propertys away so I guess it will have to be a case of,fingers crossed though am sure it will be nice area so maybe the neighbours wouldn't be that interested in the,"girl next door"

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Kinda in the category of "did you tell your butler when you hired him?"
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

not in the least.

It sure did!

A few years back we were house shopping and that was a major concern. Ideally outdoor access, secondarily interior "viewing".
    we ended up putting some money into our current home and stayed put, but it was a major consideration.

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

Nope, but probably should've taken it into consideration before moving in next door to the in-laws who constantly send us food and stuff either over the fence or via my brother in law ringing the doorbell
    Last edited by CdChloe; 07-09-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: spell checker :)

CdChloe:
    I would imagine that can sure be a hassle, it's not like a door to door salesman, where you can just ignore them, and they'll go away. Do you need to leave your door locked, so they don't do a courtesty knock, and then walk in?

Definitely

I move around the country with my work, and in my current location I specifically wanted a top floor apartment with a large balcony - which I found. It cost a bit more than other places, but gives me the freedom to get some 'fresh air' when dressed, without prying eyes.

Nope, and I wish the rooms were bigger for practicing walking toward a full length mirror. I only get a few steps in and have to turn around, no time to get my rhythm going. If only the gym would would schedule a session in the aerobics room for "Walking in heels for men." They might be surprised how many show up.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbiU View Post
    CdChloe:
    I would imagine that can sure be a hassle, it's not like a door to door salesman, where you can just ignore them, and they'll go away. Do you need to leave your door locked, so they don't do a courtesy knock, and then walk in?
    Our front door closes using a deadbolt lock anyway so unless they use a key, they have to knock.

They do have a key (spare) but they're not the sort of people to just walk in without letting us know at least a little in advance.

Nope, my pocket book did mostly.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Bought my house many moons ago, at a time when I didn't cross dress. Over the last few years when I really got into it, I have come to regret my location, as I can't get out easily in the summer. If/when I move again, it will be one of the main reasons I will take into considerstion when purchasing a new home.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Since I am preparing to move into another place, this makes perfect sense. I would prefer having a lot of acreage and not living very close to people. But that won't be possible this next time. So it is a major issue because I don't want to be hassled over who I am. I want to be free to walk out the door dressed or in male mode and have no interference from nosy neighbors. I have been working on the solution to this but I haven't decided yet where I will be moving shortly.
    Michelle

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Present one, "No". Next one, "Yes".

My present house has a wonderful large yard with many private venues for shooting photos of Sherry!
    And, I bought it YEARS before I dressed for the first time!

However, the house is old and enormous! Only me and a child part time, live here. She will soon be moving out! Then, I want something easier to maintain!

I've been looking at smaller houses lately. Privacy in the yard is VERY important to me now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I moved into this house before i realised what i was but although i like the house i hate where it is and if i ever moved the CD/TG issue would have to play a major part in where i moved to .

( I should point out that i was already cross dressing long before i moved in but did not realise what it was and how much it would end up affecting my life )
    Last edited by Joanne f; 07-10-2010 at 03:33 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

It did not when I bought my currant house, I did not cross dress then. Love the house but dislike being on top of my neighbors on both sides. So next house it will be a prime consideration!
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

It makes perfect sense to consider crossdressing activities when selecting a house. CDing is just one of many aspects of our lives. If you have a dog, you would take that into consideration. If you like (or don't like) gardening, need play space for kids, or like to grill outside. Everything matters, and should be considered when making such a major decision.

We've definitely included CD'ing in our housing choices ever since buying out first home.

That one had a completely enclosed back yard, a garage that opened into an alley, and a configuration with a "master suite" on one side of the house and the guest room on the other side. The master suite could be closed off with a door.

Our present house also has a walled back yard, but I now travel through the neighborhood without much caring what the neighbors think, although for some reason I'm still "intimidated" by people like the gardner and the poolman. Go figure.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Smile

No not at all. No one there is happy with me being a transgender there. It's there problem. It did effect how I painted it and designed the inside. The dining room.is green apple over dark red apple. The living room is gold,the computer room is HD Orange over black,the guest bed room is sand with African artifacts. The master bed room is teal. The bathroom is black and white free handed with black lines. So yes and no on your question.