Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What don't you like?

When I was a kid

When really young, they called me "gopher" because of my buck teeth. Even at that time I really envied the girls and their dresses.
    As I got older I stuttered really badly because as a young child I was constantly belittled by my folks. I felt like a real nothing at the time. All of this made me feel worthless and only increased my desire to be someone else, a girl.
    As I became an adult my self image improved, but that did not my desire to
    be a girl and wear feminine clothes. Partly a fetish, partly from my upbringing.
    At the present I kind of like my male self, but I still love to spend lots of time as a girl. This has caused me to become somewhat isolated but I am really making an effort to be much less secretive.
    If I can muster up the courage to be much more open, I can see my self becoming successful in both my male and female modes.

Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

What's so terrible about getting drunk and obsessing over a game I don't actually play? That's my absolute favorite thing about being a man. I do agree with some of you about the denigration of women though, I have to bite my tongue a lot.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

A lot of interesting personal perceptions on things. What it basically boils down to I guess is being comfortable in our own skin.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The anger and aggressiveness of a male.

What I do not like about my male side, is the anger and the aggressiveness to deal with the macho men out there. When I am in my feminine mode, it all fades into the back ground and life is good. I am now embracing my feminine feelings and I am learning how to integrate the feminine side into my daily life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca W. View Post
    What I do not like about my male side, is the anger and the aggressiveness to deal with the macho men out there. When I am in my feminine mode, it all fades into the back ground and life is good. I am now embracing my feminine feelings and I am learning how to integrate the feminine side into my daily life.
    You are on the right track Rebecca. Integrating the feelings into our overall self is the way to go. Then we become unshakable in our resolve of becoming our own person. Eventually it doesn't matter how we present ourselves as we are always the same person regardless.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

This is so me!

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    There is nothing about fulfilling my male role that I don't like. The only thing I don't like is that we are so limited in our manner of dress and actions. We are raised to be competitive in everything we do. We are told that boys don't cry, don't be a sissy and be tough and strong. Well all that's fine, but we are not taught to be sensitive, caring, loving nurturing and all the good traits of women. I admire, adore and respect women as much as I have lusted for them, loved them and cared about them. So much so that for me to emulate them seems like a natural thing to do for me. I like being male with some if those same traits so much so, I like to dress and act like a woman as much as I love being with a woman.
    After this one, I'm at a loss for words.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    If we're talking small thing and not about societies general preconceptions of gender, then it has to be courtesy. Men are courteous to women, women are, on the whole, courteous to both men and women, so why do men just have to be deliberately rude at times to one another, just to show they are men?

I don't have a problem with being a man
    I just think being a girl every once and a while "or more often"
    Is fun it's a good release from the bore of the day to day

My need is to be me...not to "emulate a woman".
    As far as masculine things...there is nothing that I dislike that drives me to this, it is simply part of me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Being a Man!

I was born a man, therefore I am one! But I am also a crossdresser! There is absolutely nothing about being a man that I dislike! However, there is a number of things about being a woman that I would not like to put up with!! That is why I have no desire whatever to transition to womanhood!!

I love to wear feminine clothes because I like the fit, feel, and look of them. That is the reason I crossdress, and always has been. My late wife knew about the desire before we married, and fully accepted and supported me. My family knows now, and doesn't care as long as I don't dress enfemme in front of them. I do, but they don't know it, because the clothes are almost unisex!

There probably are not a lot of CD's like me, but I don't care. I am a person and that is what counts to me!! I am happy as I am! And Yes, I would give up crossdressing completely if those I love asked me to!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I love being, and showing, who and what I am. I wear my heart on my sleeve. Its almost more important than anything else in my life .....

.......... Except my family
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    What is it about fulfilling the role of a man that you don't like so that you have the need to emulate a woman by dressing, looking and acting like one?
    Denise, you have to remember that a lot of crossdressers started at a very young age, an age at which they weren't thinking about the "role of the man", they just had the need to crossdress, there were no thoughts or feelings behind it. Even science can't explain why a 4 year old suddenly likes to wear girls clothing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~Michelle~

I have welcomed new members, I have help people with issues, I have complimented people, have never tried to be the center of attention, yet except for 2 members I have never received any appreciation either by message or friend request. Members who don't have a photo to show, have never received similar appreciation either. Nobody has ever welcomed me, helped me or complimented me except for 2. I'm disappointed, I have no other choice but to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane G View Post
    If we're talking small thing and not about societies general preconceptions of gender, then it has to be courtesy. Men are courteous to women, women are, on the whole, courteous to both men and women, so why do men just have to be deliberately rude at times to one another, just to show they are men?
    Maybe I'm just from New Jersey but I think it's fun. You should try it. When both parties know from the start that it's all in good fun, it's no big deal.

I'm also still waiting for one of the people that despise sports to respond to my original post. The concept as we know it today dates back at least to ancient Rome.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Like Rachel mentioned the need to provide is very heavy on males and if I could have a woman who would have allowed a role reversal it would have been heaven. That being said I dislike the sturdy nature and structure of male clothing. To wear soft fabrics which flow and moves with your body feels so good. i like the fit of women's cloths the way pants can hung your bottom and thighs and stop at the floor or above the knee and evry place in between. why do guys have to wear saggy crotch to the knee shorts is beyond me.
    Women get to wear the best of mens wear with out any comments but let one of use wear a nice soft skirt on a hot day and the world goes crazy.

OK one more rank: Guys swim shorts hit about an inch above the knee and when you get out of the water you get to feel all of the wetness running down your legs. Try to blot the water and you still get water dripping down your legs. Wear a bikini and get out of the water and blot the water and no more drips down the legs. Now I know i have issue with textures and such but come on whya can't we just wear what we want.

Aspiring Member

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnieszka Svetlanova View Post
    What's so terrible about getting drunk and obsessing over a game I don't actually play? That's my absolute favorite thing about being a man. I do agree with some of you about the denigration of women though, I have to bite my tongue a lot.

Since you asked about this later in the thread... "What's so terrible about getting drunk and obsessing over a game I don't actually play?"

What's so terrible is the passive-aggressive, "Let's you and him fight!" nature of many fans... "Fans," actually being shorthand for "fanatics."

Talentless, gutless, and CLUELESS people spending time and money cheering/jeering over an activity they themselves don't engage in... And, if they did, they'd be more respectful, more humble, and more sensitive to other human beings.

It does take dedicated effort, intelligence, teamwork, desire, etc. to excel at anything. Meanwhile, getting knocked around, losing a scholarship, etc. can be painful and discouraging as you make your way. If you're really, really good at something - a sport, an instrument, an activity - you are doing more than one thing right. If you're lucky and good, this can positively improve all of your life. But, you learn by doing...

As to those who cheer and/or jeer, but don't do... They have a "need" to make someone else in their lives, "the enemy." Better, they think, to attack someone else than attack their own problems and take responsibility for winning and losing there.

There is a very high correlation between many "fans" and many "homophobes." Both "need" an external target because, frankly, dealing with themselves is less easy, less pleasant, and, probably more pointless than redirecting their's - and others - time and attention away from themselves and onto someone else.

There's an old saying, most often ignored, "For every finger you point at me, you have four pointing back at yourself."

That's true.

It's also true that very few people want to hear it.

Far easier to, "Pick a team to shout for - and be somebody!"

Most people are weird in some way or another.

You get used to it and go on about your business.

"Yeah... Yay, uh, team... See ya Monday."

Quote Originally Posted by Agnieszka Svetlanova View Post
    Now, I'm never going to try it in femme mode either but I can't stand the fact that I'm expected to always be the aggressive one in my efforts to find love. I was hanging out with my longest lasting girlfriend for months before she finally threw herself at me in hopes of a response. I'm either oblivious or terrified, every girl I was ever with made the first move. I wasn't with many.

One time I was on a date when the girl just stopped everything and asked me if I was gay.
    What she said

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    What is it about fulfilling the role of a man that you don't like?
    Not being a man doesn't help much.

so that you have the need to emulate a woman by dressing, looking and acting like one?
    T'other way around - had to emulate being a man. A need driven by not wanting to be excommunicated, hated or rejected.

Is it really that important?
    It most certainly is.

Would the "world come to an end" if you gave it up?
    Yes.

Its not that i dont like being a guy, i just dont like the guy that i am. For me being in boy mode just reminds me of how i was raised and the more intolerant side of my life
    "Life is like a movie: If you've sat through half of it and it's sucked every second so far, it probably isn't going to get better right at the end and make it all worth while. No one should be blamed for walking out early..."

Add me on MSN or Facebook
    Pippa_J_10@hotmail.com
    Http://www.Facebook.com/PippaJ2010