Thread: Would your life be different now.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar

Would your life be different now.

I recall many years ago, 28 in fact, I had an appointment with a Navy doctor, don't recall what for. I do recall that, the doctor was a woman and that I wore cotton knickers and bra, under my uniform, thinking I would most likely be examined and outed. In the end it was purely a verbal examination and I left the medical center still in the closet, got married had kid’s and have had a full and generally happy life ever since.

I suspect life would have turned out differently, if I had been asked to take my shirt off.

Have any of you had similar experiences were you feel your life could have, or did moved one way or the other.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    In the back of my mind I said that if I had not gotten married by 30 I was going to move to another state and go full time. So I go married before 30 and I am happy with how things are going.

Definitely. My life has had several crossroads in it, which moved in different directions because of one decision at that time. Most of those situations had nothing to do with cd'ing, but one 3 years ago did. My life changed forever once I had the courage to tell my family.
    Michelle

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    My life changed after I got my first dial-up internet connection and entered the term "crossdress" in a search engine. I can't think of a single thing concerning crossdressing that I'm doing now that would be the same.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I bet the internet has had a huge effect on crossdressers. I know it did for me. I finally realized I wasn't alone.

Not with respect to CDing.

In'73 I turned down a chance to go to West Point.
    In '74 I met P and in "75 married her.

If I had chosen the Point, it's hard to tell where I'd be now.

But still a CD
    DonnaT

I have to say my life would be much diffent had things gone diffent at a few crossroads.
    mostly harmless

I was 25 & a college grad, showing up at clubs & coffee houses en femme in Boston (ManRay twice back in the late 1990's), and thought I was the only one.
    When I observed there was no visible trans community (...shows you how naive I really was) like gays & lesbians, I gave up on the whole thing for ten years, including denial. I came within 2 millimeters of wanting to do transition & hormones, & all, but so many circumstances in my life since then caused me to have a greater sense of myself.
    Kind of weird now when I find satisfaction in being a man. Now I'm glad I can actually go out en femme and socialize, And I always aim to make it better.
    Back then, things felt pitched in one direction. Now it feels like a see-saw.
    Just give me it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane G View Post
    Would your life be different now.
    If I would have known then, what I know now, it would have.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~Michelle~

I have welcomed new members, I have help people with issues, I have complimented people, have never tried to be the center of attention, yet except for 2 members I have never received any appreciation either by message or friend request. Members who don't have a photo to show, have never received similar appreciation either. Nobody has ever welcomed me, helped me or complimented me except for 2. I'm disappointed, I have no other choice but to leave.

Gold Member
    about '97 my wife and our son were going to spend a month in Colorado. I went there for a week with them, we all drove together, anyways at some point that week I thought "I wonder what it would be like to dress completely as a woman?"
    I had a hell of a time figuring out how to do things, didn't have the web to learn stuff, but I had 3 weeks to deeply explore things.
    I don't know at what point I would have done all this otherwise.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    The year was 1977. I was working for a small radio station as a DJ. It was a Sunday and no one was in the studio with me. I was appropriately underdressed, bra and panties. A young woman who sold commercials for us came into the office. It was 4 PM and we used to play a tape of a show from a local preacher, so I was able to take a small break. I was digging for goodies in the closet where all the freebie records from the record companies were stored. It was a long narrow closet and the door was open. Bugsy, the woman who sold the commercials entered and engaged in small talk. She then closed the door, came up to me, ran a finger along my shoulder near my bra strap, and asked, --my male name-- are you a crossdresser? I stammered out 'Nnnnn-o' turned 15 shades of red, and dashed back to the safety of my studio, leaving her quite perplexed. That's right -- NOTHING happened.

How did she know? What made her suspect? Was it the slight outline of my bra? The slightly padded boobs it presented? I shall never know, but I often think back as to what could have happened that day amongst the Buck Owens 45s!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Without a doubt. If I'd have stuck with my original plan of transitioning when I came home from Nam, I would have been a TS woman for 38 years now.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Life changed for me when I joined tri ess many years ago. That with the internet I tried to learn about who I was. I changed inside after that. I had friends and life was no longer living in fear. Well most of the time anyway LOL.

I was fully purged after a big move and slowly losing my mind before I stumbled across this place. All of my shopping trips since have been all your collective fault.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by KendraGreen View Post
    I bet the internet has had a huge effect on crossdressers. I know it did for me. I finally realized I wasn't alone.
    I agree with you here. it realy got me on the road to cding
    Mistybtm

Quote Originally Posted by KendraGreen View Post
    Ditto
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was in high school. My girlfriend lived nearby, and her parents were away on vacation and she was working one afternoon. I knew that there was one door that didn't lock, so I went over and let myself in, and went to her bedroom and tried on one of her bras.

I'm sure you can see this next part coming... ;-)

I heard a car in the driveway, and I glanced out to see my girlfriend getting out of her car. I hurried out of that bra and, while she was coming in the front door, I scooted out the side door and ran out and scaled her 6' privacy fence like it wasn't even there. Ran through back yards and around the neighborhood back to my house. Turned out she did hear something when she came in, because when I got home she was calling me, asking me if I'd been in her house, because she'd come home for lunch and seemed to hear a door closing as she entered. I denied everything, and tried hard not to let her hear that I was out of breath from running. :-)

Anyway, a couple of years passed and we stopped seeing each other. Turned out that she really liked girls, and has been living with another woman now for many years. But I also know very well just how much she enjoyed the physical side of our boy/girl relationship.

I've always wondered what my life would have been like if I hadn't heard her car in the driveway and if she'd caught me in her underwear. Looking back, she was being pulled at that time by both sides of the street, so would a CDing boyfriend have just fit right in???

That's the crossroad that didn't happen that I've always wondered about, and I remain fully closeted.

-- Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by Jane G View Post
    I recall many years ago, 28 in fact, I had an appointment with a Navy doctor, don't recall what for. I do recall that, the doctor was a woman and that I wore cotton knickers and bra, under my uniform, thinking I would most likely be examined and outed. In the end it was purely a verbal examination and I left the medical center still in the closet, got married had kid’s and have had a full and generally happy life ever since.

I suspect life would have turned out differently, if I had been asked to take my shirt off.

Have any of you had similar experiences were you feel your life could have, or did moved one way or the other.
    Who knows, the view may have excited her. Then you could have got married to the doctor.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I was recommended to the Gender Clinic at Johns Hopkins in 1979 only to find out they were closing and stopping SRS. Next stop was the Marines.

i was just home visiting my parents mom is 78 dad 80 i wore panties and hose each day and left then in the wash my mom washed then and put then back in my room and say nothing
    the last day she came to my room with my clean underwear and asked why i wear them i told her i like the feel of them better and then told her a crossdress
    all she said was don't stress yourself about it if it's ok with my wife what harm could it be . There was 3 pair of her old satin pj's in one of the drawers i asked why there where in this room she said if any of the girls visit they can use them i asked if i could she said sure and gave me the pink pair that i had picked out to take home
    I'm 57 now my life would have been a lot better if i told her many many years ago Mom's are great
    Susan

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma England View Post
    Who knows, the view may have excited her. Then you could have got married to the doctor.
    LoL, that would make a great sit com.