Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silence is broken

silence is broken

I just came back from a week long trip to visit with my sister who I love so much and who lives in Chicago. As usual, I had a great time during stay and spent lots of evenings straight to the morning hours talking with her as I always do so enjoy. Suddenly during one early evening she said: do you have something special to tell me, I froze and then, reluctantly as though someone else was speaking through me said: "yes" but time isn't just right and it would be a burden on her have I told her. Of course, said that there was no way back, but for strangest reason all fear has left and calm has filled the room. She gestured with her finger to follow her into garage where she smokes because of mosquitoes on the porch. We sat down and she said: "so what is it?" "Do you know what transgender means", I asked. "yes I do" she said. Our eyes met and she smiled this most beautiful smile, I started to explain about all the past hurt, guilt, confusion, she listened. During conversation I deciphered that she didn't know and never suspected. A while had passed and she looked at me and said:" why did you keep this from me for so long, now I understand, lots of things make sense to me now. I am so sorry you had to suffer, have I only known before. I love your sole and I hurt when you do" When she said that I simply broke to tears and so did she and we embraced god only knows how long.
    Lots of tears have been shed that night but those were tears of joy and love. I have dreamed of night like this all my life but was so afraid the same. My sister proved to me her unconditional and eternal love, she has now lessen my burden and released me from the bond. I am so lucky to have her and cherish the ground she walks on.
    I have taken first major steps in my new life and thanks to her I will finally be ME.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    How wonderful!

That's a really awesome story, Alexia.

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations on finding the support you need, on taking the step that you did, and for having a sister like that.
    —Mikaela

You made me cry...

Our sisters always know when we are holding something back, at least mine did. It is such a release to finally tell someone, and to have that person accept you is affirming and healing.

You are going to do well.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

Oh Alexia...

As I type this I have tears in my eyes because I want to tell my father so badly about me. I've felt my whole life the same anguish.

Sis, the fact that you've shared this gives me hope that someday I too will lift that burden off my shoulders.

Thank you.

Monica.
    Last edited by Monica93304; 07-13-2010 at 12:42 AM.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Oh Alexia, I'm happy for you, happy for your sister, and happy for the life that you are beginning. I'm also happy that I was trying out a new waterproof mascara.

What a wonderful night!

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Oh Alexia, I'm happy for you, happy for your sister, and happy for the life that you are beginning. I'm also happy that I was trying out a new waterproof mascara.

What a wonderful night!

Kathi
    [SIZE=2]You found one that actually works?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I've yet to find one that holds up to my tears..so please, do tell..because I need it..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Alexia, [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Thats absolutely great!! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]And I'm so happy for you...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    My sister proved to me her unconditional and eternal love, she has now lessen my burden and released me from the bond. I am so lucky to have her and cherish the ground she walks on.

I have taken first major steps in my new life and thanks to her I will finally be ME.
    I still have tears in my eyes reading that - and like you they are tears of joy. You have a wonderful sister and will now have more confidence to become the wonderful woman you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Monica93304 View Post
    As I type this I have tears in my eyes because I want to tell my father so badly about me. I've felt my whole life the same anguish.

Sis, the fact that you've shared this gives me hope that someday I too will lift that burden off my shoulders.
    Fathers can be incredibly understanding. My dad is 88 and I was dreading telling him. Finally he questioned me on some tell-tale signs and we sat down for a serious chat. At the end he said something very similar to Alexia's sister. He has proved a very strong support since then.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Awesome.

It sounds like you are one of the few people who have family worth having. Count your lucky stars... and remember how many you have when times are tough... and don't forget that having a family that is that awesome for you places a burden on you, a duty to be just as awesome to them.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Wonderful news Alexia! I am so happy for you. You have a very special Sister!

Eileen
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!

Hi Alexia
    What a great feeling of joy you must have , I sure that your new bond with your sister will bring you even closer and I wish you both all the best.
    Tomara

Huge step Alexia- way to go, and godspeed on your journey

Nicole
    Always fill your own cup first...

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
    - Mohandas Gandhi

What Me Worry
    What a wonderful story. It gives hope to all that understanding existds out there.
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012

I am so happy for you.
    Michelle

Thank you girls from the bottom of my heart. In fact I would have not had strength to face my sister has it not been for you. Your love and acceptance has empowered me to discard all demons and to let it be as it may. These communities we share in are a life savers and most necessary for us to grow. Once again you have saved me. Love

Psst...and boy.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    [SIZE=2]You found one that actually works?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I've yet to find one that holds up to my tears..so please, do tell..because I need it..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    Lash Power from Clinique is the kind that I used. I received it as a GWP a few months ago. It really does stay on, and comes off with eye makeup remover.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    These communities we share in are a life savers and most necessary for us to grow.
    True words, sis. We really do need each other to survive.

Kathi

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Alexia I am so happy for you and your sister. Coming out to someone you love is so empowering especially when it is met with love and acceptance. Sisters are special I always wished for one because I know if I ever told my brother he would probably make fun of me and beat me up .
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Alexia, you are lucky to have a sister who is understanding and loves the "real" you, however that appears to the world.

Indeed, a joyous and wonderful story to read

There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Alexia, I'm so happy for you! Your story sounds so similar to the night I told my own sister, I can picture it. We kept waving our hands in front of our eyes and saying "NO TEARS, NO TEARS!" because I wanted it to be a happy memory, not filled with melancholy about the missing experiences or inner turmoil/pain I felt. I found my sister to be quite supportive too, although I later found out that it was really hard for her to grasp and process at first. She's that type of woman, though... never one to complain or let her needs or discomfort come before her family's.

Be sure to check in with her, and remain sensitive to her because she may be trying to 'be strong' for you at her own expense.

Sorry, didn't mean to prattle on so much but... well yeah I did haha. Just my $.02 anyway.

Again, congrats! I know how wonderful it is to have support from someone so close to you.

xo,
    Donna

Alexia these moments are the things we all want and now you have it. Congrats to you. If it was I, my sister would be getting something special that would instantly tell her how much it means to me to have her acceptance and love.

Hugs to both of you. Teri

Hi Alexia, Congratulations on your coming out to your sister, it will open up so much. I have to agree with Teri and that you need to send something very special to you sister to show her how much you care about her love. Let us know more because stories like this make my day so much better, I thank you. From Teresa Ann.

That is so awsome. I am so happy for you. From the sounds of it you two share a very special bond... something I fear that few experiance. It would have been a tragidy had she not accepted, but I really don't think that's an option...
    I am so happy for you and a little jealous
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

SOOO COOL, Looks like waterproof makeup time.I am so happy it turned out so well for you.