Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf as a Girl/A Threesome (Update)

Golf as a Girl/A Threesome (Update)

One of my guy friends has challenged me to play golf with him, as a girl! It will be at an air force base golf course, and I'll have to pass through security before I get onto the base, so I'm thinking of wearing women's shorts and a tee shirt, with sunglasses to hide my eye makeup, hopefully I can put on my wig, lip gloss etc in the parking lot after I make it through security...it should be a lot of fun, I'll have to rent women's clubs but playing off the red tees I oughta smoke him!
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-09-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Merged threads and updated title

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    That's a good idea. They will want to see that your face matches the ID at the checkpoint. What you do after that isn't their problem.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    This is one of the items on my Femme bucket (its pink of course) list. I think I may give it a try at SCC.

Hitting from the red tees can only help my game and I have heard that wearing breast forms help you keep your head down and steady your shoulders.

I don't think I would have the guts to do this on an Air Force Base. Cissy just remember in womens golf its not smoking him that counts. Its looking your best and then kicking his tail.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

That would be a dream come true for me. Enjoy yourself.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Let me just add that my ex son-in-law has done gate security for the last 5 years at a couple of different army post. From what he has told me you would really have to work hard to find something that would shock them.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Somehow I think he is expecting you to dress like Paula Creamer. Mess with him and play the Blues. I had a playing partner once (GG) who played the back tees and beat the guys (she was a 4 handicap).

I always wear women's shorts golfing...no one notices
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If it were me, I would just fully dress beforehand and show my male ID at the gate. If the guard says anything I would just tell him I lost a bet or made a dare with my friend...the truth. Easier that way and there is no 'sneaking around'. I think you might raise more questions by being only partly dressed.
    Chickie

OMG, Cissy I love that idea. I'll have to wait until the fall, though cuz I'd cook under a wig.

also, what Chickhe said.

He just told me I'll have to get out of the car and go into the guard shack! I may have to re-think this, although I should be able to get away with loose-fitting guy clothes over this little ensemble:

Sounds like fun; definitely on my 'to do' list as well. Is he really going to let you play from the 'ladies' tees?? If so, be careful of your club selection, I don't think you will be able to use your driver too much

Have a good time,
    Ashley

p.s. I wouldn't worry too much about covering up for the guards...(but maybe that's just me..).

Aspiring Member

Good God... There's no such thing...

For the zillionth time...

There are no such things as, "Lady's tees."

There are forward T's, middle T's, and - sometimes - back T's in the game of golf.

Play the Tee best suited for your rated handicap and enjoyment the game.

Falling for the, "Oh, you don't want to play from the "Lady's Tees" do you?" is allowing yourself to be conned, cheated, and bullied out of your best enjoyable round.

I play the short T's on a course that's new to me, especially if it costs an arm and a leg to play that course.

If anyone ever thinks I have an "unfair advantage" they are welcome to play right along with me from the same T's.

Golf has rules to make the game fair and enjoyable for everybody.

Just like High School did - only most of us didn't know it at the time....

Playing the forward tees isn't always an advantage if you are used to playing further back. Last week we played the forward tees for a mens league tournament. I shot 80. The next day I played the whites and shot 75.

I would really love to play golf enfemme oneday. But as a previous poster mentioned I would have to wait until fall or spring otherwise I would cook in a wig.

I didn't say ladies tees, I said red tees, and that's what I'm playing! Using women's clubs, wearing girls clothes and trying to keep my hair out of my eyes is enough of a handicap!

Aspiring Member

Fair play in golf - mental handicaps.

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    I didn't say ladies tees, I said red tees, and that's what I'm playing! Using women's clubs, wearing girls clothes and trying to keep my hair out of my eyes is enough of a handicap!

No, you didn't, but it got said.

There are also no, "Lady's clubs," just golf clubs.

Ask someone who's worked at a "pro" shop ---

"What's the difference between lady's clubs and men's clubs?"

Answer: "Usually, about a hundred bucks."

If you're playing from shorter T's, on the premise that you're, "Just a woman" and they go for it, they deserve to get beat.

Hooray for you Cissy, always keeping it cheerful. As I think about it, I think you should leave the military out of it entirely and go play on another course. Tangling with MPs could be pretty unpleasant.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    OMG! All this talk of rules is making my head hurt.

Although, as an offical "duffer" I never knew that bit of trivia about the tees. MK. Isn't there something in the rule book about having to hit the next drive with your pants down around your ankles if you don't make it past the front tee box? Just asking I remember something about that from playing with my fraternity brothers in college.

Actually there is a reason why I think many of us refer to the forward tees as the womens tees. Most men let their egos get in the way when stepping on the links. It takes a woman to realize that their is no shame in playing where your handicap dictates.

Now where is the beer cart? I have a dozen golf balls to loose.
    Last edited by SuzanneBender; 07-13-2010 at 06:18 PM.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by mklinden2010 View Post
    No, you didn't, but it got said.

There are also no, "Lady's clubs," just golf clubs.

Ask someone who's worked at a "pro" shop ---

"What's the difference between lady's clubs and men's clubs?"

Answer: "Usually, about a hundred bucks."

If you're playing from shorter T's, on the premise that you're, "Just a woman" and they go for it, they deserve to get beat.
    there is a difference between ladies and mens clubs lenght weight and shaft types and if they dont know that in the pro shop they need to find a new job! but your outfit looks great

Here on many courses the red tees are the second tees as they have yellow (Not gold) tees for juniors.

Typical tee layout Yellow, red, White, blue, Black or gold. Typical tee shot for me blue to white, white to red, red to lake.

Way pre-terror for me, the MP's were likable people and probably really don't care what you wear on base as long as you have proper ID to get there. Besides half the guys out there look 7 months pregnant anyway
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

something i'd love to try someday......assuming i ever have enough guts to go out in public!

You go girl.
    Angie

Aspiring Member

No, it's about a hundred bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by phose03 View Post
    there is a difference between ladies and mens clubs lenght weight and shaft types and if they dont know that in the pro shop they need to find a new job! but your outfit looks great

What they know at the pro shop is that the handles, shafts, heads, etc. are all fit to the hand grip, swing dynamics, and address angle of the GOLFER, not the gender.

Males and females could, and often do, have exactly the same hand size, swing dynamics, and angle of address.

It's pretty much the same fit and materials for "so-called" men/women clubs.

The difference in cost is the brand name, color choice, etc.

A club is a club - ask any golf ball.

Diva Las Vegas actually has a golf event. Gee, if some of my friends would get out there, I might have to make it a longer week and play a round myself!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar

Security....

I know nothing about golf, but I know a bit about defense dept security. I'd suggest you go in dressed as you will play, and let them do their worst. They take their security very seriously. If they think you're hiding something, or trying to pull a fast one, you'll never get onto the first tee.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I've enjoyed all the comments in this thread. Like many of you, this is a bucket list item. My main concern I am sure would be to look the way I wish more of the LPGA players looked. More like Natalie Gulbus ! Yeah, that's the ticket ! So Cissy, enjoy your round and make sure to fill us in !! [/SIZE]
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar

A little joke

This guy is playing golf alone on a Tuesday afternoon and sees a rather attractive woman teeing off alone. Long brown hair, nice body, great legs in a cute golf skirt and top. (kinda looked like me, I wish)

He approaches her and asked her to play as a double. She hesitates at first but then says "okay".

The round goes on fantastically and the have a great game. The talk about all sorts of things and get along great. The woman has fantasic drives from the ladies tees and the man is very hard pressed to keep up. The woman ultimately beat him by a stroke.

At the end the guy says "That was great..... let mr buy you a drink" . The woman again hesitates but then says "why not".

One drink leads to many..... and they are having a blast.

The man then invites the woman back to his apartment.... again, after a little hesitation she says "why not".

They settle on his couch with a nice glass of wine and the man cuddles up close and makes his move....

.... now the woman says "STOP, I have to tell you something..... I am really a man"

The man is dumbfounded so the woman continues... "I am a crossdresser and love to golf while dressed up like this.... with tears in her eyes she says I'm sorry ..... I always golf alone but you seemed so nice and we were having so much fun together I did not want it to end... I can understand if you are angry and I'll go.

Well , the man was angry and he grabbed her by the arm and said , "I had a great time too, but If you are really a man..... WHY DID YOU HIT FROM THE RED TEES, I could have beat you"