Thread: Anyone ever get to dress as a Girl Scout

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar

Anyone ever get to dress as a Girl Scout

As I was looking over the 'Let hear your fantasy' thread, coupled with some of the threads about first item of girls clothes you ever tried one, I got to thinking about things that were my fantasies long ago and far away when it was all so shiny and new.

I wanted SOOOOO much to wear a girl scout uniform! I think one of the catalogues we used get, Sears maybe, had the uniforms in them, and I used to sit and dream about wearing one, and saved cut outs from the pages in a scrap book. Something about being a girl scout just seemed like it would be so much nicer than being a boy scout.

My mum had been a girl scout leader, well not troop leader but helper back around when I was 5 and this left a mark an impression on me. As I mentioned in the 5 things thread, I got to go on a local childrens TV show with the girl scouts, and the whole time wanted to be dressed like one of the brownies. Of course I couldn't talk about this to anyone. But it stayed with me.

So, when I was a teen and actively CDing, being a girl scout was the goal. I got my mum's old leader books and started memorising the law:

On my honor, I will try:
    To serve God and my country,
    To help people at all times,
    And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

I studied the stuff about what the girl scouts did for badges. I made up an imaginary troop! Still -- I was so sad that I never could get a uniform.

I was however totally in awe, when -- oh well I was forced in the boy scouts -- and at a hallowen party some of the boys came in girl scout uniforms. I was green as the uniform with envy! That party has never left my memory.

SO -- the question is -- did any of you ever get to dress as a girl scout or girl guide as a teen?

If you did -- know that I am in total envy! - but still want you to tell me about it

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I would love to wear the girl scout uniform, but I think it's too late for me

Aspiring Member

My Mother was a Girl Scout Leader too!!!

She was fairly high up in the county organization, So she interacted with lots of girls. The best part for me was when I was little (elementry school) I got to participate in the older girls troop activities.

I went to day camp and other activities with my mom. I won't say that the girls didn't tease me, but I believe most of them sensed my gender confusion and tried to make the situation enjoyable for me.

I once even went on the train to Cincinnati for a day long shopping trip. Even though I didn't get any "girly stuff" some of them delighted holding dresses and skirts up to me and say "This would look cute on you"

I belonged to the Boy Scouts too when I was older, but they couldn't hold a candle to that

Thanks for bringing back a great memory.

Danielle

I did get to dress up as a girl scout once(for halloween, of course). We borrowed the uniforms and so I went as a Girl Scout and my wife was the Boy Scout. This was before I let her know how much i loved to CD, so i am sure she was a bit surprised by my enthusiasm for the idea. You would be surprised how many GG's at the party were interested as to whether or not i was wearing panties! Unfortunately there were no panties,but there was a bra and some hose to go along. Ironically, nobody cared who the boy scout was!

I wear uniforms but some people would be offended
    Imperatrix

FEEL FREE TO ADD: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...31&ref=tn_tnmn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Girl scout. No. uniforms of a differnt kind. Yes. I am retired navy and would like to put together the uniform of my wav counterpart.

When I was married, my ex had a young daughter from a previous marriage. She started in Brownies but my ex did not support her or show interest. I can remember my ex being too lazy to even sew the badges and stuff on her uniform. (So I always did it for her.) But as usual, the lack of interest on my ex's part, eventually led to her dropping out. Of course, when my daughter reached that age, her "sister's" stories ruined any chance of interest on her part.

But my sister was a girl scout. I was an Indian Guide (pre-cub scout age group). I quit when my dad would not attend. Also went to a military school for high school. That pretty much killed any interest in uniforms for me. I never want to see a can of Brasso again ...

I had no interest in CD until after 30 so it's kind of a moot point for me.

I just want to be able to make those cookies! Every year I blow some little girl's mind when I buy 40 boxes in one shot...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Was I a Girl Scout?

I have forever wanted to be either a Girl Scout or a Girl Scout Leader. Recently I came across an old Girl Scout "Certificate of Participation" in my file. It reads:

"Presented to" with "Mr." and my male name filled in,
    "a traveler on the Experimental ACTION-CAREER TRAIL,
    who has gained awareness of her lifetime career goals,
    and has made an important contribution toward
    updating the Girl Scout Senior Program."

It is signed by the President of the area Girl Scout Council and the female "Chairman" of the Action-Career Trail Committee.

The funny part is that I don't remember exactly what I did to qualify for the certificate! Could I have been a Girl Scout and forgotten?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Mi$$ Despair View Post
    I wear uniforms but some people would be offended
    I'm sure I wouldn't be offended.

Sister was very active in Brownie's and Girl Scouts and Mom was a leader. While I never did get to don the GS uniform, I did get to wear the Brownie uniform once...for my "fly up" (just the top tho - over a pair of pants). Myself and the son of the lady who helped Mom were "active" with both troops since we went everywhere with our Mom's. So, we did everything either by ourselves or we did it with the troop. I even had a sash with my own badges and my own hat.

Jenn

Might this qualify as a girl scout look? is the closest that I've been

Never thought about dressing as a girl scout. Since my sister was a girl scout and mom was the leader, they were in their uniforms at their meeting the one afternoon I was left home alone to do my exploring. That was my time to dig into sis's dance bag and slip into what dance costumes and swimsuits I was curious about trying on. I could mince about the house in her leotards and tights for a couple of hours feeling fairly secure from getting caught unless someone came home early.
    Oh I was so naughty

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Yes I have, on my honor

Years ago, when our daughter was a girl scout my wife was a leader. I'd forgotten all about it until a few months ago. I was going through some old clothes that we were going to donate and found my wife's Girl Scout Leader uniform. While the pants don't fit because she is much shorter than I am, the skirt, blouse and scarf all do. I now have it on my side of the closet.

I've looked at the web site and the style of the uniforms have changed significantly in those years, so I wouldn't be mistaken for a leader based on the clothes.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Back when I was 6-8 years old I had a "girlfriend" who was a Brownie, she let me wear her uniform whenever I wanted. Then a few years later her sister and my sister both became Brownies, and I got to wear their uniforms.
    Unfortunatly My "girlfriend" and her sister moved away before she became a Girl Scout, so I never got to to wear the uniform. My sister, never became a Girl Scout. But By then I wasn't wanting to wear my sister's clothes.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Emulation!

Those years, for me, were a 'coming of age' in my admiration and emulation of girls. When the passion really took hold. I remember distinctly a thrill each week when the girls had their meetings and would come to school in their uniform. Somehow, their legs never looked prettier than those days, and their budding breasts were so lovely.

A girl, Diana, sat next to me, and I began to copy everything about her--how she wrote, how she sat, how she brushed her hair back. She began to grow dark hairs on her legs, which I thought were lovely. Then one day they were gone, and her legs were silky smooth....it made me feel so excited to think of her shaving her legs!

Well, of course I dreamed of wearing their uniforms, but never did, except, vividly, in my imagination. And then there were cheerleaders...

I have this sexy girl scout costume which I can't wait to wear during Halloween.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post
    I have this sexy girl scout costume which I can't wait to wear during Halloween.

Hugs!
    Oh dear, Joann! You will have poor old BP spinning in his grave.

Edwina

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post
    That'll sell some cookies!

Yes, I did. I wore my sister's brownie and Girl scout uniforms when I was young, young being 10 or 11. And yes, I wanted to be a Girl Scout...less competitive testoneroney crappe and more "fun with friends"

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    I never did get to wear a Girl Scout uniform but I still recall being jealous of the girls in my elementary school when they "flew up" from Brownies to Girl Scouts and got to wear their uniforms to school.

My late wife was a GS leader and I still have her leader uniform items. SO if any of you need a leader in uniform for your TGirl Scout troop, let me know.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Nope, and its WAY too late for that now! If I tried that now, I'd be labeled as a pervert AND pedophile. Kind of NOT the image I'm going for! lol

Some of my first fully dressed experiences were in my sisters Girl Guides uniform. In those days the uniform was a navy blue skirt and a lighter blue blouse with a short cross over tie around the neck. When I when I was around 14 or 15 years old, and at home alone, I used to wear it around the house.