Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you wear or have worn for your first time out in public?

Blue jean capris and a babydoll tee

Gold Member
    Not counting multiple times outside of the house where I didn't expect to be seen, my first time was my last birthday. I wore jeans and a pink sweater.
    Last edited by PretzelGirl; 07-14-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Bad grammar!

Fun loving Florida girl! tammygirl79's Avatar
    I wore a black, shoulderless cocktail dress & black high heels. Actually, i have a photo album on my page with some pictures of my first time out.
    As a man I may look like I belong, but I don't feel like I belong...As a woman I may not look like I belong, but I feel like I belong!

I'm not sure I can answer the question of "what would I wear for a first outing", but my very first outing was back in the early 1990's was a denim midi skirt, black tights, and a silk button-down shirt buttoned at the top (which was all the rage for girls & guys back then) and a very fat 4 inch belt over it, and black suede knee boots. I remember walking into to Coffee Connection on Newberry St in Boston that night being frightened as hell but at the same time feeling wonderful.
    Then after that, sometime I went into hiding & denial (shame & guilt).

Aspiring Member
    Its fun to read about all the first times.
    I have sort of moved into it a little at a time.
    First it was a panties girdle and hose under male clothes. I recall once after returning home from grocery shopping, there was a business card in one of the bags for custom made girdles. Always wondered if the note was random or if he/she could detect the girdle.
    After many years, I bought and started wearing female jeans. I still have the first pair that is certainly slim cut for a junior, but it also passes quite easily for a male jean when I wear it.
    Soon, I bought more feminine jeans, began wearing make up, bras and womens shirts. Recently, Ive been trying to perfect the layered look while showing a bit of the tank top or T with a little cleavage as well.
    I have not however perfected the wig or total woman look. If I try to pass, I can't begin to fool even myself so I'm a man dressed in young womens clothes.
    I did, once, go into a store with a skirt, wig and the total look. There was no bad reaction, but I did not feel comfortable so I've not tried it again.

SheriM

OK, I feel like a school girl on the first day of the first class of the first year of school. Long story short I never been out. But if I may I believe I will put on some tight boot cut jeans, nice belt, soft feminine tshirt, maybe heels or just flats and go to town to be maamed allover

A denim skirt that was probably a bit too short but felt just so awesome. 3/4 sleeve length shirt and strappy sandals.

Golly, alot of years ago. Haven't had alot of times to go out, but if
    I remember right I wore;
    panty hose, bra with water balloons (2 balloons per side for safety) LOL
    a light blue skirt and a white blouse with a jacket that matched the skirt.
    Had all the make-up on and loved every second of every minute.
    SCARED to death but loved it. I cannot remember what kind of shoes
    I wore!!!!!! I love shoes, but can't remember them. I'm sure that I had
    some shoes on tho, walking in the Penney parking lot without shoes would
    have ruined my hose. hahahahaha

Hugs to all
    Karenmarie

For my first time out a couple of years ago, I was dressed up as a biker chick. It was at a fetish ball so anything pretty much goes. I wore my black leotard with fishnet p/hose, stockings, my high heeled leather boots & leather jacket. I felt SUPER hot and both men & women were hitting on me. I was scared & nervous to do it at first, but once I blended in I loved every minute of it. No one gave any strange looks or rude comments. Got more compliments than anything. I would like to go back to that ball one day
    You can call me Colleen

Silver Member
    A satin floral print office dress, short sleeve and just below the knee, dark black pantyhose, and black 2" heels. (My second outing was in a black skirt suit with a long sleeve white jacquard high neck blouse underneath, off black pantyhose and the same black 2" heels. I would have worn this for the first time out if I had owned it at the time.)

First time out I wore a denim miniskirt, dark blue top, black tights and flat black shoes. I went into the local town and had a look round the shops.

I like the very natural and casual look-- so I'd probably say either blue jeans or (having just realized that with a proper shave ive got some magnificent legs) some shorts-- with some kind of shirt that doesnt pay the shoulders too much, maybe something to hide my stomach better or i can just suck it in, maybe low cut if i can get a more natural cleavage look going.

1st time in public

In my thirties I was very active in Am-Dram/music/choral and I suppose these instances don't really count as CD-ing.

In a '20s,30s,40s show I appeared on a long slinky pencil gown with a hip-high slit and a long shaved nylon-clad leg showing, bolero jacket, blonde wig & tall hat, lit from above standing beside a street lamp on stage as Lilly Marleine and sang 'underneath the lamplight...' That was when I discovered I was size 14!

The next one was at a fancy dress ball. My spouse & I dressed up as Porgy & Bess. We blacked up and she was Porgy on her knees with the pads & I was Bess in a gollywog wig and long full colourful dress with a wide waistband holding up my chest padding. We won the prize given for the best 'dressed' couple!
    But that wasn't CD-ing in the real sense.

Blue dress with geometric pattern, black leggings with a criss-cross pattern and heels that went from big black poka-dots to smaller than just white. Looking back it was a little busy, but I'll remember the night for the rest of my life!
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Aspiring Member
    This is for Tasha - you said that maybe the skirt was a little short. I looked at your pics. The white skirt is just right, as is the denim skirt. You look great in them - a GG for sure.
    Don't like the black skirt however. For whatever reason, it seems to give you away.
    SheriM

Ace Aerial Fiery Flier fireflyespiritus's Avatar
    I wore a pair of flare jeans and a grey babydoll t-shirt with a black jacket. I think the shoes I had on were some plain black skate shoes.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I wore a Beautiful full peasant skirt, long sleeve top and a very loose knit sweater. By the time I was 10 minutes away from my room I discovered the skirt was too big and was slipping off my hips and my shoes were giving me blisters. My homemade breast forms were leaking out from under my bra and a blast of wind as I went out the door messed up my wig. I thought I was being stared at, followed, scaring small children and attracting packs of wild dogs.

When I got back to my room I was so relieved that I swore I'd never do it again. In those shoes, with that ugly skirt or those forms. Within the hour I had changed into black slacks, different shoes, a new bra and a nice blouse and headed back out the door.

It's gotten better since then. I no longer attract packs of wild dogs.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    Now that I'm back home, my first outfit was the one in the picture. (October 2004)

Last edited by CallMeMeg; 07-18-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Put in smaller picture

I wore a knee length black skirt, a burgandy satin blouse, barely black stockings, and 4 1/2 inch stiletto pumps. And it was wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    ...It's gotten better since then. I no longer attract packs of wild dogs.
    OMG that was so funny...I love that sense of haha!

my very first time out was a lovely black/white sundress and a strappy pair of black leather high heels...wish I still could fit that dress! I was about 15 at the time..

The first time out I went to a shopping plaza. I wore slacks and a blouse but also it was in cooler weather and I wore a hoodie with the hood up to cover myself up as much as I could. I also wore gloves over my hands. I was quite nervous and I thought if I was covered up as much as I could I would be less afraid. It turned out fine.

I have enjoyed all of the responses so far.

I know that there are at least a thousand more replies by the number of viewings! Please tell us your stories. I am the worst person at opening up and this wonderful forum has has changed that for me in a very positive way. Let it out, we will embrace your thoughts and not judge you.

I used to wear a pink motif silky polyester top with a "roaring twenties" period picture design on it and polyster bell bottum pants. That was years ago.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Ok, since it was asked....

The first time out in publc (other than to some safe, CD functions) was to a shopping mall (way) out of town.
    It was many years ago in winter.

After checking into a motel. I got dressed. I was going for a feminine, executive, secretary, classy look.

White hipster nylon panties and a white semi sheer bra, with breast forms of course.
    Beige thigh high nylons.

A black, slightly below the knee lined, "pencil" skirt.
    A white semi sheer blouse.
    Black, sensible, 2 inch heel shoes.

Since it was winter, I wore my faux lepard "fur" coat.

I felt fantastic and had a great time at the mall!
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 07-18-2010 at 08:25 PM.