Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do some petite CDs start crossdressing because they feel inferior as males?

thats an interesting observation -for myself, i was never bullied for my lack of height when i was younger-it was mainly due to racial reasons. I am in agreement with other people that i believe bullying due to physical stature or lack thereof in and of itself wouldnt be the cause for most people to start dressing-in fact i'd say it might be a reason for some people to be pushed further into the closet in fear that it would come out and intensify the bullying.

Little Bulldogs

All the short guys I know that were bullied came out really tough. For them, becoming a sissy would have made the bullying worse (and dangerous). As an adult, I find that being in touch with my feminine side gives me power in difficult or explosive situations. I often go to construction sites underdressed in panties, or even a bra, and I find that "Chrissie" does a much better job than the drab guy.

flowers work!

My size, I"m 5/4, may contribute to my cding, but it is not the main reason I am a part time cder.

I'm not thin or small. I was in school though. I was bullied in school. I was beat up on every day. That had nothing to do with being a CD. It was my enfem side of me I've always had. I never felt like a boy or a male ever.

Silver Member
    I am sure it had something to do with mine. Growing up, I was always the shortest, the youngest and the fattest kid in my class, from K-12 (at the time they were dithering around about when to send kids to kindergarten, either 5 or 6, I was sent at 5 while everyone else was 6.) I was also a sickly child and had a few embarrassing health problems so I was a prime target for the bullies. I was bullied K-12, I could not do anything athletic to save my life, and girls wanted nothing to do with someone as "unmanly" as me (I didn't even have a girlfriend until I was 21, and she was a mature woman.) I grew up clinging to my mother almost to adulthood and had an abusive father who never loved me and was never there to teach me to be a man.

I always felt I was a very inadequate as a man and still do today. Crossdressing was a way to ease the loneliness of not have a woman in my life, and provide a means of temporary escape (it really is nice to be able to be someone else for a while.) It is probably why I desire a gender role reversal relationship as well. I can't help but wonder if only things had been different how I would have turned out...

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'm 5ft 4ins tall, I weight 130lbs, I take a US ladies size 8 shoe, so I guess I qualify as "small". In my case, I don't believe my size had anything to do with my preference for crossdressing. I wasn't bullied in school, and for sure I didn't feel "inferior". I was just me, a little bit different than most of my peers but not inferior and definitely not "particularity bothered about being the way I was. Ok, back then I wished I was taller, but that's all.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I'm 2 years younger than my sister, so when I got ahold of her wardrobe, there was no problem. I had no problem fitting into my mom's size 8 dress boots & skirts even once I as full grown. Boy, she took a fit when she found out about that.
    I was the fastest guy on my high school soccer team, which I why I was put in forward positions. I'm kind of hyper, like I had ADHD. My personality is kind of like a Jack Russel terrier. Both my grandfathers were 5'4", so my family tree is fairly short decendants. I never felt less of a man, but I can't say I don't enjoy my relative compact size.

I have always been and still am short and petite. I can't say that this is a reason for crossdressing, I have loved to dress before I even went to school.

Cute, Sweet, and Petite!! DeniseNY's Avatar
    I was always aggressive and did more than my share of fighting in school, so few people picked on me. I was 5'2 and 120 when I graduated from high school. I didn't get into dressing until about 10 years later. When I discovered that at 5'3" and 140 lbs, I was about an average woman, it just made it that much easier to dress. Maybe feeling like I didn't measure up played a role in it, I won't deny it. But my motivation to dress was more that I made an average size woman and the challenge of passing than any feeling of being less than a man.
    "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
    - Napoleon

"Yeah, whatever, but can you kick MY ass?"
    - Duke of Wellington

Yes, well not because ive felt inferior but ive always been skinny all through school.

I wasnt bullied all the time but just occasionally just like most people,
    but it was alway because i was smaller then everyone else.

I didnt start CDing because i was bullied, it just felt more natural to act feminine.