Thread: If this isn't acceptance, i don't know what is! lol

If this isn't acceptance, i don't know what is! lol

Hi there girls!

Hope you're all ok. Haven't been around for a while but i wanted to share a lovely experience i had on my birthday recently.

As you may have read previously, everyone at my work place accepts my feminine side although i still present as Alan.

Anyways, arrived in work on Thursday to find my desk decorated all girly! I wanted to cry. Pink and blue balloons adorned my desk (the girl who decorated it said there would have been just pink balloons but the shop had run out of pink balloons) Also had pink streamers and wait for it, there was a princess tiara and a fairy wand on the desk too! I declined to wear the tiara whilst presenting as Alan though! lol To top it all, some of the cards from the girls at work were addressed to 'Sara' and one in particular had 'Birthday Girl' on the front....how sweet Most of the cards were of a feminine nature which i loved.

Has anyone else had an experience like mine as it truly made my day?

Sara xxx

No, I can't say I have. In my work place it would be a kiss of death if everyone knew about my fem side. My job would certainly be in serious jeopardy. So I wonder just what kind of office or job you have that has the type of both male and female employees that accept your CDing? Or are you TS? If you are, then of course that males it more understandable that others accept you.
    But it would be nice to be that open and accepted even in the work place.

Nice to see you have some wonderful work colleagues Sara

Now all you need it a party so you can wear the Tiara
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    No, I can't say I have. In my work place it would be a kiss of death if everyone knew about my fem side. My job would certainly be in serious jeopardy. So I wonder just what kind of office or job you have that has the type of both male and female employees that accept your CDing? Or are you TS? If you are, then of course that males it more understandable that others accept you.
    But it would be nice to be that open and accepted even in the work place.
    Hi Brandy,

I work in an office where most of the employees are female. I came out to everyone at work on Face Book back in 2007. No i'm not TS but i love to express my feminine side as much as possible. Sorry to hear you're unable to express yourself as i'm able to. I've been in male-dominated environments previously where i could have only dreamed of what i do now.

Sara xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    Nice to see you have some wonderful work colleagues Sara

Now all you need it a party so you can wear the Tiara
    Hi Shelly,

I'm very lucky to have supportive people around me. A party would have been the icing on the cake.

Sara xxx
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 07-18-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Merged Please use the multi quote button

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    My workplace was so conservative and macho that it would have been a very bad idea to come out. There would have been supportive people, some because they were good people but most because workplace rules required them to be. If anything like that ever showed up at my desk, one specific co-worker would have complained and it would probably be investigated as workplace sexual harrassment.

I'd say you are in an amazing workplace!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.