Thread: CD Dreams

CD Dreams

A couple of months after I started dressing, I remember thinking that I spent so much time thinking about it that I was surprised I didn't dream about it. That night, as if my subconcious was taking notes, I had a dream that I was alone in am office building, nonchalantly walking around in my underwear. Which were panties.

I didn't dream about it again for a couple more months, then last week I had one of those hyperrealistic dreams, I was at work, and I found out we were having a reception for a new business that had moved in. I was mingling, and speaking to and older woman, when I realized I had a dress on over my pants. I thought I'd just play it cool, and right then the woman said, "look at what you've got on" with slightly raised eyebrows, but not in a mean way. Then she lowered her voice slightly and said "you know what people will think..."

i just nodded and shrugged, even though I wasn't sure what she meant they'd think. I realized I'd been at work for hours and no one else had mentioned it.

I guess it does reflect reality, to the extent that I've been a bit paranoid that someone would find out (or that they already have), before I was able to stop or come to terms with it myself.

Anyone else have dreams, not just where you are dressed, but that center on it?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Brevity is the soul of wit.
    I could go on and on about it.

I don`t want to worry you but that was not a dream , you where drunk at the time but no one has told you yet .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    After watching Inception I have been taking a closer look at my dreams.
    I dream a lot about being a woman and I love those dreams.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Banned Read only
    One has to have dreams before they can analyze them. If I do ever dream, I do not remember the dreams after waking. It has been like this for a long time now.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Rare is the night I do not have such a dream. Often I have make up on, or high heels while in otherwise drab clothing. Or only having on an article of women's clothing and hoping no one notices. In my dreams, it seems the other's rarely react or notice, odd !! [/SIZE]
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I often dreamed of being at work wearing a slip. No one seemed to notice. Since I retired, no more dream. Bummer.

Vieja

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I actually like to think about crossdressing as I'm falling asleep and sometimes it will move into a dream with the same theme. Occasionally, if it all works out nicely, that will be my waking dream as well. I'm all for a rich fantasy life, particularly when it makes me smile even before that first cup of coffee. I may have a full calendar and not be able to dress every day, but I have the option of getting to that soft world every night and I like that too.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I've had dreams where my cross dressing was central but they seem to be linked to how much mental energy I've been spending on the subject. They are always coupled with a fear of discovery which makes sense since its still a deep secret for me.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    For sometime now in all my dreams I am the woman I always wanted to be but then in my heart and mind I am a woman.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

I have had several CD dreams, and always there was some sort of unresolved problem: colors were all wrong and unfixable, could not find time, place, or opportunity to make up and dress although the desire was strong, bathroom door wouldn't lock, etc.
    I have never had a dream that I was totally and perfectly transformed.

Dressed to please someone
    I have sort of crossdressing dreams rather constantly. They used to include the fear of getting caught. After I told my wife about Anouk they have changed more "technical", for example about difficulties in finding the proper makeup or clothes.

An interesting thin is that I have never been a real girl in my dreams. I think it proves I'm a water-proof crossdresser.

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    I do - often.

And they're always of a similar type:

IRL I'm closeted, but in my dreams I'm always out, and feeling good about it, but always missing one important item. Heels, lippy, something like that.

It happens probably once or twice a week.

And it probably doesn't need a psychology expert to decode it.

Jemima
    x

Dreams

Yes.
    Very fortunately all my dreams are very pleasant, and I have the regular facility of being able to re-visit and continue the pleasast dream even after I've been up to go to the loo, for instance, or if I wake up far too early to get up I frequently turn over and the lovely dream goes on. They are very often about crossdressing, which I enjoy.

Lightbulb Dreams are so special!

Hi! Thanks for sharing your dream! My passion is reading and trying to interpret dreams, I’ve been keeping a journal for years its such great fun! I’ve had many CD dreams and most of them have been very exhilarating, most have been positive but my unconscious occasionally sends me a more serious one when my girly head is too far up in the clouds!!

This week I have had two CD themed dreams, in the first one I was at a swimming pool and had a band on my green band on my left wrist indicating that I was using the ladies changing room, the watery swimming pool might represent the subconscious but also the watery feminine too, so I took this dream as an indication of how I am immersing and exploring my feminine side.

Last night I dreamt that I was one of the girls from the Sex and the City TV show, in the dream I was with the four principle characters and we were having a bit of a tiff with a male doctor at a hospital, it was really funny but there is also a message in there too probably to do with healing as suggested by the clinical setting.

I think that clothing in dreams can often represent ones persona or public face, I think most if not all symbols have a positive and negative side too, for example being naked in a positive feeling dream might suggest that the dreamer feels very comfortable showing there true self to the world, but in a negative feeling dream it might suggest that the dreamer needs to develop their personal identity perhaps by putting some symbolic clothes on. I’ve had both types of these naked dreams and they have helped me gauge the development of my character and fine tune where necessary.

Looking at your dream as if it had been my own I might see it something like this, the office is a place of work but symbolically this might represent work on ones Self in the sense of personal development. A reception is a very happy positive event perhaps it represents a celebration of who you are and the work you have done on your Self, the dress on top of the trousers might suggest that you have another layer to your personality that you would like to bring to the surface and show more of. Did you know the older lady you were chatting with in your dream?

With dreams I usually always go with the premise that they are subjective meaning that everything in the dream represents an aspect of the dreamer, be it a car, a house, an animal, weather, anything and everything!

I could go on all night about dreams! I think that the dreams main function is one of compensation in the sense that if there is a lack of something in the dreamers life then the unconscious attempts to achieve balance and harmony by showing an excess and also vice versa in the case of there being an excess of something in the dreamers life.

Perhaps an example of this can be seen in your dreams where in your first office dream you were only wearing panties so I guess your subconscious was showing you a lack of clothing, maybe the time in-between the first dream and the second one you have developed your feminine persona as indicated by the more appropriate dress. The shift in atmosphere from being alone in the first dream to mingling with lots of people who really didn’t seem bothered by your dress seems to emphasise this change positively.

I hope I didn’t say anything to upset with my thoughts about your dream I was only trying to see it from my perspective Dreams are so fascinating! But I guess I’ve waffled on for ages already so I’ll wish you….

Sweet dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    I don`t want to worry you but that was not a dream , you where drunk at the time but no one has told you yet .
    I might have had a drink in my hand in the dream...hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Looking at your dream as if it had been my own I might see it something like this, the office is a place of work but symbolically this might represent work on ones Self in the sense of personal development. A reception is a very happy positive event perhaps it represents a celebration of who you are and the work you have done on your Self, the dress on top of the trousers might suggest that you have another layer to your personality that you would like to bring to the surface and show more of. Did you know the older lady you were chatting with in your dream?

Perhaps an example of this can be seen in your dreams where in your first office dream you were only wearing panties so I guess your subconscious was showing you a lack of clothing, maybe the time in-between the first dream and the second one you have developed your feminine persona as indicated by the more appropriate dress. The shift in atmosphere from being alone in the first dream to mingling with lots of people who really didn’t seem bothered by your dress seems to emphasise this change positively.

I hope I didn’t say anything to upset with my thoughts about your dream I was only trying to see it from my perspective Dreams are so fascinating! But I guess I’ve waffled on for ages already so I’ll wish you….

Sweet dreams!
    Thanks Rio. Nothing upsetting there. Interesting and thoughtful. I almost feel like I should tip you

I've always just been fascinated by the whole concept of dreaming - that our subconcious creates a nightly show for us from the same pool of information that out concious mind has access to, but which seems (for me at least) to be composed by someone much brighter than me. And dogs, gophers, and hamsters experience the same process.

My dreams have always been rich. I used to keep a notepad beside the bed to write down ideas, or sketch something. But I was just mining them for creative content - and taking pleasure in the movie. Never felt like I was able to effectively interpret more than an obvious element here and there. If my subconcious is trying to tell me something, it should know I prefer more direct communication - I'm afraid most of the symbolism is wasted on me... I'm just enjoying the scenery

P.S. I didn't know the woman (although she may have just been a representation of someone or something else. Or maybe she was just an extra).
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Brevity is the soul of wit.
    I could go on and on about it.

I have noticed that i almost never dream about crossdressing. I also never dream that I am a girl.

But there are a few dreams I have had that i actually was dressing or dressed. Few nights ago i had a crossdressingdream, but they are very rare. And the time when i dream those dreams it is always very secret and full of shame when doing it. It is never natural.

I am not able to dress as much as I would like to so maybe thats because i almost never dream about it?

Platinum Member
    I have had a few CD related dreams - usually being outed - particularly back when I was going through a divorce. fortunately that's long since past.

I often have dreams where I'm dressed, and in 90% of them I'm dressed because I'm in disguise trying to escape from certain situations.

This probably means I dress to escape my normal life, escapism I suppose.

Blimey, I've used 'escape' three times already - is this the reality of crossdressing?

A new collective noun - an 'escape' of crossdressers.

I am one of those that sleeps so sound at night that I don't remember my dreams. The few dreams that I remember all had to do with a beautiful girl in skimpy clothes or nothing at all.
    Michelle

I've had hundreds of dreams being en femme, I don;t know what any of it means. in still like my guy self.

So far as of late, I've been to a wedding in a beautiful lacy cocktail dress, and everyone accepted me, and then the dream went poof!

Hi Von! Very nice story of yours and great comments!

Since joining the community I've been overrun by crossdressing dreams.
    It's bordering on the ridiculous and often amusing.
    Shoes first caught my attention, with makeup and breastsize dominating the next few days. A nice twist led to dress-sense/accessories taking over and recently my own hair started questioning me about wigs...
    But these are only things outside my body. All the dreams I've noticed have been linked to the people or rather characters I've come accross (sic) here on the site - that's a nice personal touch which has given my crossdressing a whole new dimension.

I suppose it has to do with the fact that I'm sleeping less because of staying up longer reading about this and that, and how, and why - no real deep sleep possible at the moment.

I'm glad I'm going home to visit my family on Sunday. I wonder if they'll notice any changes in me.
    I wonder, if I'll talk about... or even talk as gaby to them.
    Now that's a thought I would never have even dreamed of!
    gaby
    Cheers Von!