Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What famous GG would you consider your glamour idol?

I guess you can always tell who the "old timers" are here. A lot of these names I don't even recognize.

For me, my 3rd favorite would have to be Katharine Ross (who first appeared in "The Graduate" with Dustin Hoffman). Then, maybe Raquel Welch coming in second. But undeniably, my first would be Barbara Hale, better know as Perry Mason's secretary!
    Last edited by SuzanneAZ; 07-26-2010 at 10:52 PM.

I'd give almost anything to look like Zooey Deschanel just a little bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Brown View Post
    No question at all, for it has to be Diana Rigg. She was just so beautiful and classy when she portrayed Emma Peel in the Avengers.
    ---
    Ditto--one of My favorites---I only wish I good look as good in leather
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

How about Eva Longoria? I saw her on a PBS interview about family history - she looked wonderful both glammed up for awards stuff and dressed casual w/ jeans etc. WOW.

BTW - Although my name, Vitalia, is hispanic - I am not. I have a good story about the Vitalia I met many years ago but that's another story ..... not sure what part of the forum it would fit into.

Pixie lott!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/mult..._02_47893a.jpg

I never really had one until Pixie came along!
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 07-29-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: img tags removed, hotlinking is against board rules.
    Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece...

Well sart with Sandra Bullock, Then some of the older stars from the 30 and 40 era. like Kathern Hepburn when she was younger.
    I will follow my heart

[SIZE=4]I do agree with Emily that Zooey Deschannel is soo beautiful, she was my first avatar on this board. Lately though I would give anything to look like Marianna Van Zeller, her looks coupled with her intelligence is intoxicating. For those who do not know her she is a correspondent for Vanguard.[/SIZE]
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Aspiring Member
    I didnt have to even think about it- I wanted to be Stevie Nicks since the first time I saw her picture when I was 16 or so.

Without a doubt it is Audrey Hepburn. She was the epitome of the feminine, lithe, graceful. She is perfect....Dee

For me, it has to be Jessica Alba.
    I love everything about her. She's got an all natural look that's so beautiful and she has a great sense of style and fashion which I try to emulate.

http://www.superphotospace.com/image...f8862d4c39.jpg

Hugs!
    Last edited by alexis GG; 07-26-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Took out img tags as pic is too big... max size 650 x 550
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Jane Mansfield. And a few others that were the sexiest pin-up or actresses of the late forties and early fifties. Back when it was sexy to have larger thighs, hips and be anything but skinny. I don't find skinny as attractive as the GG's that have a few extra well placed pounds. Definition between their waist and well rounded hips and butt. Larger thighs and calves. I like a woman to look like a woman, not one that can be mistaken for a skinny little boy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany38 View Post
    [SIZE=4]I do agree with Emily that Zooey Deschannel is soo beautiful, she was my first avatar on this board. Lately though I would give anything to look like Marianna Van Zeller, her looks coupled with her intelligence is intoxicating. For those who do not know her she is a correspondent for Vanguard.[/SIZE]
    Good call Bethany. I thought I was the only one with a "thing" for Marianna Van Zeller What about Michelle Lombardo?
    Last edited by Miss Misery; 07-26-2010 at 04:45 PM.

I had a privilege to be compared with Catherine Zeta Jones I think by the way of hair and yes her stunning beauty would melt me in an instant but there is something about her, feistiness or strength which turns the dial a bit for me.
    Attachment 117109Attachment 117110

But when it comes to an absolute femininity, sensuality, vulnerability, soft sexuality, everything I believe to be an ultimate woman, Kylie is the only one
    Attachment 117111Attachment 117112Attachment 117114
    Last edited by Inna; 07-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    Me being so shallow, I can only come up with woman who are or were actors. Anyway this is...

My Top 8.
    8. Jean Arhur
    7. Maureen O'Sulivan
    6. Dawn Wells
    5. Maureen McCormick
    4. Linda Kelsey
    3. Lea Thompson
    2. Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    1. Peggy Lipton

Honorable Mention: Judy Jetson
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

Silver Member
    The women I was fascinated with were probably different than for everyone else. For me, it was Joan Collins, Dixie Carter, Delta Burke and Candice Bergen (mature, always well dressed and elegant women of the 80s.)

OMG I totally like, spaced out forgetting my teen favorite
    Attachment 117118

Yeah baby, she was ah, superb

I am too lazy to find pictures but I love Marilyn (yes THAT Marilyn) and Carole Lombard (right now everyone under 50 is going ..."who???")

cupcake.jpg
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

For me it would have be Angie Harmon

Crossdresser In Training Davina Diamond's Avatar
    Thanks for your input girls, this is turning into a great and interesting read

Oh and stevie nicks....now there's a dream woman
    "Be who you want to be, not what other's want to see"

Hands down, Audrey Hepburn. Cute, glamorous, smart, socially committed, with a bit of an attitude. And she aged beautifully.

- Diane

You know, it is kind of crazy but for every girl here I see a tremendous likeness to her favorite famous GG. Literally!

Great question

And many great responses. Can't pick just one so:

Audrey Hepburn
    Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Reese Witherspoon

Wink my idol

[SIZE="3"]Christina Aguilera 2008-2009 (platinum blonde and bright red lip stick)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

Aspiring Member

Good morning sunshine!

Im still a Robin Meade fan. I so try to emulate her looks. I wake up and the first thing I do is turn the TV to HLN to see her.
    Last edited by Rachel M; 07-28-2010 at 02:18 AM.

For me definitely Helen Mirren, she is gorgeous and dressed so perfectly