Thread: Tattoo what & where?

Tattoo what & where?

My SO asked me about getting a Tattoo, to show my love for her. As she has just had her's updated and added my name to her tattoo.

I recently read a thread with regards regretting a too masculine tattoo.

So I want some help with regards, if I am pushed into having a tattoo, what should it be, and where should I have it?

If pushed I want something which tends towards my more famine side, yet still having her name incorporated within it.

She does not know about Tilly yet, so it can't be too famine.

Any thoughts, would appreciate some help here?

Me thinks letting her know about Tilly should come before committing to any tattoo. Especially if its going to have a name in it. You cant just wash a tat off if it no longer fits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyM View Post
    If pushed I want something which tends towards my more famine side, yet still having her name incorporated within it.
    for starters id not let anyone push me into getting a tattoo! tattooing is a personal decision

Feminine Tattoo

I should of said that I really do fancy a tattoo, but it needs to be more feminine, than masculine.

Any thoughts, would appreciate some help here?
    Don't do it!! You should never feel pushed into something which is erm... PERMANENT. Once you've opened your heart and soul to her and bared every aspect of you, then is the time to consider expressing your love by way of a tattoo. Until then? Just forget about it...

I should of said that I really do fancy a tattoo, but it needs to be more feminine, than masculine.
    I think your gonna confuse her if you get a girly tatoo with her name on it. Kinda sounds like something sisters or really good girl friends would do My opinion though like Bernadina said is if your truly that committed she should prolly know the reason you'd got a femme looking tat.

Every tattoo artist I've spoken to, and every bodyart website I've read, cautions against getting any tattoo with the name of any living person you're not related to by blood. Kids', mother's and father's names are the only exception. You just never know how and when the relationship might end, and then you'll be stuck with their name on your body until you have it removed or covered up.

I go a step further myself; although I have lots of tattoos, I won't get any with writing on them of any kind, and stick to pictorial or abstract designs exclusively. I am particularly distrustful that the sayings in Chinese, Japanese or Sanskrit that one finds in books of tattoo "flash" actually have the same meaning in that culture that is ascribed to them in the translation. I wouldn't want to insult anyone, or their culture, with an inappropriate bit of text.

Now as to a femmy design for you, there are plenty of choices -- flowers, butterflies, birds, vines, pinups, high heels, or just delicate abstract or "tribal" work with fine lines and pastel colors. It's your choice, but see if you can find something that is symbolic of your relationship, or your S.O., without including her name per se.

- Diane

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    Every tattoo artist I've spoken to, and every bodyart website I've read, cautions against getting any tattoo with the name of any living person you're not related to by blood. Kids', mother's and father's names are the only exception. You just never know how and when the relationship might end, and then you'll be stuck with their name on your body until you have it removed or covered up.

I go a step further myself; although I have lots of tattoos, I won't get any with writing on them of any kind, and stick to pictorial or abstract designs exclusively.
    im the same i will never have a name tattooed on me that isnt a blood relative...although when i marry i will be getting a word that describes my partner

Aspiring Member
    I agree with Diane. When you go into a tattoo parlor they will have hundreds of pieces of artwork and according to my "personal" artist, they are nothing but junk. They do however, give you some ideas about what you might like. Name of people not related by blood is a bad idea. Perhaps a symbol or picture of something really special that the two of you shared; it might not be masculine or feminine in nature but you could have it done in a more femminine colored ink that would give an impression of a softer side. Your shoulder might be considered a masculine place while your ankle would be considered feminine; lower back feminine, pecks masculine. Give the artist some ideas about what you would like and let them design several different ideas. A creative artist is like gold. Remember that your skin is a canvas for everlasting artwork, make it special to you; choose carefully because it will be there for a long time. Good luck!

My decision was to only do art, no names what so ever

SRS January 27

What you must remember about tattoos is...

A certain percentage of society thinks they are dreadful and won't relate to you if they know you have one. Call these people bigoted, square, snobby or many other names but this is the reality. If you don't care about limiting your social circles, i.e. alienating yourself from a big percentage of society - then do what you feel like at the time. But, never forget, if you are, or may be in the future, in a position where you need to be universally acceptable, visible tatoos will limit your social and business range.

I'm sitting on the fence here - the choice is yours. I just know that being tattood visibly will limit your choices in life - to what degree depends on your attitude towards life in general.

well this is the Boy side of me talking If you dont already have a tattoo than getting your s.o. name for your first one just may be a let down if its not some thing you have really wanted in the past than dont get one now ........
    For me i have been getting inked on for the last 25 years and i havn't stopped i like them and Yes i have my kids names and even the wife but hey like i told her the day i got it can be covered just as fast as it went on and that was 10 years ago ..so with that id still say No ink yet and no real want than DONT do it Jerzie

I'm in agreement with Xdbiker. I'm pretty well covered with tattoos as well and if it's not something you've been absolutely DYING to do for years, then sit back and think it over several times. I love every one of mine and don't regret getting any of them. That said, I still have this reservation about getting my wife's name done on me. I've been happily married for nearly 37 years, but in some tattoo circles, having a name inked on you is like breaking a mirror. Expect the worst to happen! LOL, it probably won't but why tempt fate?

I started getting ink when I was 18, I'm 42 now and still going at it, I have NEVER had anyone's name tattooed on my body and I most likely never will. I love my wife dearly, but even she will tell you that getting my name tattooed on her. WE have discussed this and agree that the only names we would get tattooed on us would be the names of our children, or those of our fallen friends (a list that sadly keeps growing), but even those are only distant possibilities, I have plans to continue the work on my arms until I have full sleeves on both arms (Left arm celtic, Right arm Fantasy), and then my back would be done in something, quite possibly a full set of Dragon wings.

Just remember whatever you decide to get is going to be permenant on your skin, and while you can get a cover up done in the future, that's going to cost you quite a bit more money.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I have been thinking of getting a femine style tattoo. just below the panty line, like a pair of butterflys or something. Just need to find the right pair.

Kymmie Lorain
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

the only name you should ever tattoo on you is your own. First, even if it is forever...it gets kinda blurry as you age and second it rings too much (in my opinion) as a sign of ownership. Great idea to declare undying love. But I would never get any name permanently on me.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    for starters id not let anyone push me into getting a tattoo! tattooing is a personal decision
    I have to agree 100%. Ink is a very personal thing. I have 7 tattoos, and each of them represents an aspect of my life, or tells a story about a part of my life. I have to agree about not geting any names, unless they are your children, a memorial to your parents, etc. If the relationship ends, you are stuck with it, unless you pay to have it covered up, or removed (which is not cheap).

I have a wreath of small green leaves around my left upper arm. The design came straight from my wife's left ankle

I also have my wife's signature on the front of my right hip.

I am thinking of getting a chinese female dragon on my right shoulder down my right arm. Since I am broad shouldered my fashinista has told me I must wear at least short sleeves to offset. So I am quite safe with it.

I'm gonna get a small one sometime soon I hope - probably lower abdomen or high inner thigh? If I EVER bed my 2 bi-GG gf's! It'll be a highly stylized scorpion situated somehow between the two female aspects of the Gemini astrological image.

Smile

Why not just try a shirt first? check out the link below.

http://www.bewild.com/wogedrfubota.html

It's the only kind of tattoo that I would consider. LOL

CE

I wanted one... Desperately. After ten years of trying to decide what to have I went ahead.... And realized that if, after ten years I as still undecided, then I really don't want one all that badly and will remain ink free.

As for what to have... I spent hours looking through ink magazines, looking on line and attending tattoo expo's looking for the right design, it too had to be girly enough to look pretty peeping out under a dress and still manly enough for those 'standing around a half fixed truck with the boys' days... Talk about impossible ! Everything I liked my GF hated (butterflies, cute cartoon things etc), everything she liked I hated (big tribal things, bio-mechs, carps, dragons the usual flash stuff).

Take your time deciding, and above all make it original art work, not something from the flash books.