Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The walk that I walk in high heels

The walk that I walk in high heels

Discovered something today about wearing heels and the sensation of each stride. I've got on a really cute and comfortable pair of 4" chunk-heel sandals by Attention. They're easy to walk in, and I find that my feeling with every step is so confident, but also free and fun and sort of ready-for-anything.

The way you feel when you walk is more important than I ever realized. I just love my high-heel walk --- those long, straight strides with a very light bounce or sway, and the way my arms move with my body. You can't feel that way in guy shoes, or even women's flats. Spikes are a little more challenging, the next wobble is never to far away. But these heels I've got on have me movin' through the day with a sense of such possibility.

Any other heel lovers ever get this sensation ??

Aspiring Member
    I think walking in heels is a wonderful and sensual experience. I feel very feminine and sexy when I have my heels on. True, they are hard on the feet, but I love how they look on my feet and how they compliment my legs.

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    The great thing about heels is that they almost subconciously transform your walking style. One less thing to think about when you are out and about!

Hugs
    Kaylee

When walking in my heels I feel great. I love how my body sways, and moves as I take a step.

Now, do I feel more "feminine"?

Um....mine is the body of a male, but it is moving in a way that females move...when wearing heels. Which means it is not the body that is causing that movement but instead the heels.

Which means that knights of Bold in days of old, getting ready for or returning from MOUNTED battle walked in much the same manner (possibly to a lesser extent).

So no, I don't feel more feminine. I feel I am experiencing those movements that for some odd reason are assigned to only women in our wonderful modern times

I can't wait till I get the three inch platform boots that I plan on getting to help complete my cosplay. That should be interesting.
    Last edited by Pythos; 07-30-2010 at 10:30 AM.

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar

Love my Heels

Love my Heels,,the look is GREAT & FEEL is wonderfull
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JoanAz

Smile

i do not think all heels are bad on the feet, i have a problem foot (due to a auto accident) and my 2in mules my foot hurts less. than in flats.
    looking for a good pair of 3 in dress heels but finding my size in a style i like is hard to do.
    but yes i do like the wiggle i have in heels. just can not get it in flats.

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar

Shooze! (you know you love em!)

I, like most women it seems, LOVE my shoes. I have mostly heels of some sort. Short, tall, skinny, fat, strappy, and lord knows what else considering I have like 70 pair or so. I think its just part of being a woman (even if only part time). I actually have a number of more manly GG friends. Trust me even to this day Im prolly the girliest one of our group. They mostly dress in pants and t-shirts. But I swear if they run across a cute pair of heels they act the same way any other girl I know does. "OMG look at these! Arent they so cute! I wonder if they have them in my size! OH WAIT! I cant afford to buy them I need to buy baby food (or something of the sort) *sobs/cries" Thats happened more times than I care to remember actually. My two closest friends wear about the same size I do depending on the shoes. So I usually end up getting them and letting them borrow em. Which doesnt bother me at all unless they stretch them out. (I wear an 8-8.5 depending on the shoe) Which really isn't big tbh. Again I have to say I have been blessed or w/e other word you would use for a non-specific-religious person. I am more spiritual than religious. Maybe "Lucky". . . like zomg I love my heels tho. And yes they do help your walk. Tho I have to admit that after 10 years I am not sure if i have a fem walk or not. Its all just blurring together and just becoming "Me". (about to post something about that as well) Well I did have a pic of all my shoes but I just spent like 15 min looking for it and still cant find it . . . oh well!

Yes, yes, yes! It's all about the heels! If I couldn't do heels I just don't know where I'd be in the CD world!

Love the height, the shorter stride, the glide, all of it!!

It shows, doesn't it???

I have a knee problem that has bugged my for close to 10 years. About 3 years ago, I had an extended (unintentional) stay in a pair of 4" heels that were locked on my feet for a week. After around the 3rd or 4th day, I realized my knee wasn't hurting anymore. When the week was finally over, I went back to "regular" shoes...ladies flats/loafers and within a few days the knee started to hurt again. I mentioned it to my wife who said she had no problem with me wearing heels around the house so I started and still do to this day. I also have several pair of heeled boots that I wear full time during the colder months (you have to wear knee-high's with them or they chaff..and thusly get real sweaty!). I haven't found a heeled shoe that can "pass" effectively during the summer months yet...
    Jenn

The walk that I walk in high heels

I think walking in heaLS is the greatest also. my self I never had a problem walking in heals, i am one of the lucky ones I guess,

'The' Walk

I know what you mean about 'the' walk ... for me tho', it comes and goes.

Last year, I booked an hour at one of those Pole Dancing / Fitness Studios. It was a private lesson - just me and an instructor. I wore 3" heels, she wore 5" (and made it look like she was wearing 2" heels, wow).

Anyway ... I digress.

We spent the hour practicing the walk, the turn, runway moves and just (in my case) not trying to look too graceless.

Anyway, every once and a while, we'd walk together down the studio in unison ... arms swinging just right, feet moving just right ... head high, chest out ... I felt like I was one of the cool girls walking into the prom with her BBF. Then, I'd lose it again ... and, I'd feel like a gorilla.

Theses days ... I keep trying to find that sweet spot as I walk in heels. It comes and goes. I love it when it comes.

Regards,
    Susan

always girly and love it Linda St. John's Avatar
    Yes ,yes lots of high heels, I love 'em..
    Good legs Joan Az ...we need more pics !!
    twitter : @ lindaesj

Echoing Loni and Jennifer ... I have worn heels as a part-time crossdresser since I was a pre-teen, but that really changed about eight years ago when I had an accident at home and broke a bone in my left foot. I found I was much more comfortable walking in heels of about 3" while it was mending, and that was the excuse I needed to move into high heels more or less full time. I also have arthritis that affects my left knee and ankle and find that I can last longer into the day without pain when I am wearing heels. (My preferred heel height has also increased over the years to about 4" now.) So if anybody asks (and they almost never do), I can honestly say that I wear heels because they're good for my feet. I don't add the fact that I am not really very comfortable in flats anymore precisely because I've been wearing heels for so long that my feet won't flatten out completely now!

- Diane

I love, love, love high heels, especially stiletto pumps. I now have four pair, and plan on getting more. I started with four inch heels, and then graduated to five inch and eventually six inch, but that's where it stopped. And I must say that I can walk very well in my six inch pumps. Don't get me wrong, it did take a lot of practice, but I've got it down pretty good now. I probably wear my six inch pumps at least four or five hours a day now, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]What's not to love about heels. As far as I'm concerned, heels make the man! The higher and strappier the better.

And the heels are connected to the stockings and the stockings are connected to the garter belt which is under the lace panties.......................
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Heels are good, high heels are better, strappy high heels are better yet!!![/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could not think of myself dressed with out my heels. I have so many that my only problem is deciding which ones to wear. My first time in public wearing heels was truely amazing. I recall one occation coming home from a get together I was wearing my 4" heeled pointy toed knee hi boots and the feeling was so increadable that I was actually wearing heels in public. I will charished that moment and feeling for ever.

The best ever moment for me was getting my first pair of heels. Then putting them on and hearing the click of them made me feel a woman at last.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I find with some heels I feel more confident and my walk is better. I noticed that women in general walk differntly in heels.

When I'm in heels, I'm in heaven. I think that I have pretty much mastered the wearing of them (over the course of many years) and feel very confident in heels up to 5 1/2". The sway of my hips and the gait of my stride is somewhat of a "high" for me. It's so much fun being a p/t girl!

I agree, there absolutely is nothing like walking in heels! the sensation, the sound, the feel..and on occasion the looks when they get noticed! Would be a fantastic dream to be able to wear them anywhere, everyday
    Jill

Aspiring Member

The floating heels

I look forward to the days when I can float downtown in my stelletoes. It will truly be gurlie.

Is there really such a thing as comfortable 4" heels? I feel like I am going to fall on my face while wearing cowboy boots.

Vieja

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by jenna_woods View Post
    I think walking in heaLS is the greatest also. my self I never had a problem walking in heals, i am one of the lucky ones I guess,
    I've seen a lot of posts/questions about how to wear heals, and frankly, I've never had any problem with them. Always loved them and loved walking in them. That being said, I think it does take some practice to LOOK good walking in heals... and I LOVE to practice!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

just love high heels...feel like a different person with them on and yes confident. how can you not be with such sexy spikes