My son is having his bar mitzvah next Saturday (and you're all invited, of course!) and we'll have a lot of family and friends coming in from out of town. I haven't seen many of these people in quite a while.

Most conversations will include "so what have you been up to?" somewhere.

It bothers me that the things that are the most interesting to me (mainly, "flying pretty") I can't talk about.

I'm thinking of trying to observe each of the visitors I'm chatting with critically and objectively and decide if they'd handle it well, and handle it quietly. I know my wife wouldn't want me to spread the word about Meg, whether I want to or not.

I probably won't say anything while they're here, but I'm thinking of doing one of two things:

1. (dumb) mention I did a past life regression but "it's a long story and I'll send an e-mail". Then send an e-mail version of this blog post with a kicker (basically, adding "surprise!" at the end). I did this with a gg friend and it worked well. This would be men and women. I think my oldest (male) friend would handle it well. But he also e-mails my wife a bit.

2. (really dumb) say "I'll send you a link to my blog." It explains a lot, but it's probably Too Much Information for civilians. I think there's a line between "I go out dressed as a girl" and "let's talk breastforms".

But I'm thinking of #2 and rejecting it solely because I still don't want my wife to know.

Any suggestions? Saying "yes this is pretty dumb" is kind of expected. But I'm thinking of doing it anyway. I am SO tired of hiding.