Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is This Really Dumb?

I don't think its dumb at all, what I do think is it is bad timing. Let your son have his day. Let it be about him. That is 1 reason I did not go to cousins wedding, it was there day.

After its all over email, call or get together with those u trust & tell them, it may just go better than you think But I would put money down if you did it on your son's day YOU would a total flop.

Good luck & congrates to your son.

Hugs...................................Janelle

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMeg
    It bothers me that the things that are the most interesting to me (mainly, "flying pretty") I can't talk about. I am SO tired of hiding.
    [SIZE="2"]It amuses me that the things that are most interesting to ME are not subjects for conversation in mixed company. I accept that, but I need to say that it’s wonderful to have a place like this where these precious feelings and their attendant influence on daily life can be discussed openly (within the constraints of the board, I mean). As such, I don’t feel I’m hiding. I mean, I am, for reasons of survival and personal well-being, but knowing there are many others who emerge a little from their self-exile and join in on the discussions is heartwarming, to say the least…

I can’t talk about the beautiful world of ART to most people, either. I don’t think it requires a certain level of education, even though that may be the consensus, but I sense a certain lack of willingness to talk about any subject that has to do with human feelings – in this case using all of the senses and simply enjoying being human. I also understand that touch-sensitive subjects cross the line for most Americans, at least during these times, and any sensitivity borders on perversion and weakness. It’s too bad, because we could be talking about GOOD things. A conversation about the desire to crossdress is beyond the pale for ordinary citizens, so we continue to hide in plain sight. Out of sight, out of mind, hence the public aversion to perversion (in their eyes)… [/SIZE]