Thread: Daily Dressing for non-Transitionalists!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Daily Dressing for non-Transitionalists!

This thread is primarily for those of us who are not trying to Transition, or who have already gone thru Transition.

The question is, do you dress on a daily basis either as a stay at home CD or one who goes out in public?

Those of you who follow my postings know that I do go out in public fully dressed enfemme, but looking like a man. No wig and no makeup. I do dress every day, even if I do not go out in public. Of course I wear my panties and bra as normal underwear virtually always. I do have some male underwear, but it is worn very rarely. My bra is worn every day, since it was ordered that way by a doctor years ago.

Being a widower, I eat out a lot. Unless I am eating with my children, I am Stephanie when doing so. Of course, Stephanie the man. No makeup or wig!
    Just a skirt and top, or maybe a dress! I am a Crossdresser, so that is how I dress!

So Ladies, how many of you do the same?? Probably with a wig and makeup, but the main thing is being dressed on a daily basis? Let's hear from you!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Bless you for dressing as you like. It's girls like you that are showing others (CDs and non) that it's ok to express yourself.

I've taken to wearing middle of the road attire (read unisex), ladies jeans, feminine undies including moderately stuffed bra, unisex moccasins, and stud earrings, bracelet, necklace. The only article of clothing from the men's department is the shirt. It's not as fulfilling as a skirt or dress with wig and makeup, but it helps me get through the day. I don't expect to transition, but hope someday to be able to dress in whatever mode I choose, depending on my mood. I know it's mostly my hangups holding me back, but one does need to keep one's job. My SO is supportive, but worries about me getting hurt. Thank goodness for conferences to have a week each year as Dee.

Dee

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    DeeDee, when my wife was still alive I did go out fully dressed as Stephanie with wig and makeup. My dear wife did my makeup and fixed my wig. She was good enough that I could easily pass. Can't do it myself, so don't even try!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I don't go out in public dressed anymore, for reasons that I won't go into right now, but almost every day at home, I wear panties , stockings, heels, and sometimes a skirt or dress.

So far today, I've been to 2 different Dr offices. I have on bra, panties, womens t shirt, womens jeaan shorts, with embroidering, socks and womens tennis shoes. This morning I had to have a ultra sound on my leg, I thought foot. She had to see that I had pretty blue panties with lace on the leg openings. Nothing said. And at the second one, for my wife, the PA said to me, "Looks like you're gaining some weight on top." The "Cool!!!" And that was in guy mode. In gurl mode, I try very hard to pass. Even my daughter didn't reconize me...BJ

Lately, at home I have been practicing trying to dress the way women do, mostly by closely studying their habits, and the way they match clothing, and accessorize. It's not as easy as you think.
    As male-born crossdressers, we sometimes have different ideas than our female-born counterparts. It's easy to get idealistic, and yet sometimes those ideas don't fit the right setting. Women have a lifetime experience of dressing, and knowing how to shop, and sometimes their mentality is different. They have the instinct that many (...um, pardon this word) guys don't have.

I am trying hard to figure out how to pass in public by looking a regular woman, yet still dress snappy without attracting too much attention. I think, by doing so, it legitimizes TG's in the public eye to people who may not be so understanding, that's my theory. But other than that, I'm envious of the unlimited choices women have to dress however they please, whenever they please. When I bought some denim mini & midi skirts the other day, I was like "yes!" when yesterday I saw some women wear the exact same thing. That's when i realized my purchase choice was right on the mark.

Not daily, not for me.

If I was single... In fact, when I was single then yes, but even then it was most usually only my nightie if that counts and dressing.
    I certainly dressed 'fully' more often back then, but living with someone changes things, and more often than not, just thing like the school run require that no hint of makeup is left, no nail colors no scent. The easiest way sometimes... is not dressing

Well, nearly every night I'll sleep in a satin nightie or pair of PJs (once you sleep in satin, you never go back!), and then when I get up, will throw on a pale purple satin dressing gown with cherry blossoms all over it. The latter thing was pretty much an impulse buy when I got it, some years ago now, but I've found it an invaluable addition to my wardrobe, particularly right now, given how cold the mornings are where I'm living!

At work I wear a pair of black ladies' slacks as part of my work uniform (how very emo of me), as well as a pink shower cap (working as I do in an environment where hygiene is very important). When I get home, I'll often change into a baggy silver satin smock that I had specially made for myself a number of years back, and which looks rather girly due to such features as a Peter Pan collar, over-sized buttons, and a red appliqued heart on the breast. While it's something I've occasionally worn to raves and other events where people tend to dress a little more outrageously, I generally just wear it around the house.

When I'm out, I'll often dress in a fairly androgynous style, wearing clothes that tend to fall into something of a gray area given that while they may look feminine, they're things I actually had made for myself, which I suppose technically makes them men's clothes (with stuff like that, it really is a case of "They're not women's clothes, they're my clothes!" to quote Eddie Izzard). I've had a lot of satin shirts made over the years in a veritable rainbow of colours, but unfortunately don't wear them quite as much as I used to given that I use a bicycle to get about on, and I discovered some time ago that perspiration really doesn't do a fabric like satin any good (nor does constant chafing from the straps of a backpack: something I wear when riding).
    If you think I'm weird, you should meet some of my friends!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To see a bigger version of this picture, click here

"In need freedom is latent"

Thumbs up

all the time.i never wear any mens clothing any more.hate them!!.i even wear acrilique nails,makeup,toes painted ,toe rings anklets and so on.but still present as a guy most of the time.i guess most people who see me just think im gay or something.but i dont care its how im most comfortable.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Platinum Member
    I'm dressed pretty much full time at home - usually with some make up and since I wear my hair pretty long, I don't need a wig. I don't really pass, but I try to express my femininity as much as I can. BTW, I'm married and have a loving, supportive spouse who really likes me en femme, and for that I'm eternally grateful.