Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are or do?

This is definitely something that I am. I accepted a long time ago that I was a crossdresser and this acceptance has only increased since then. Today I fully accept myself as Nicole who has become the predominant part of me as a person.

There are a lot of different CDers here doing a lot of different things, and the only fact in common is that of males wearing female clothing. So I think the answer, overall, is 'both'.
    It's funny because I was thinking the other day "It's not about the clothes." Strange thing for a CDer to think, you may say, but what it means is, CDing is something I do when I want to express my TG nature, but when I'm not wearing a dress, I'm still TG (I think).
    Good question though.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I'm not gay, nor that way nor this. I've stopped categorizing, it's all a big mess. I got nothin to prove, don't need to impress. I am what I am, I like to express. But...whatever I am is subject to change without prior notification. As if...anyone really cares anyways - we tend to overvalue our own importance. Worry too much, over trifles. No one Really cares & nothing's so god-awful important to warrant such concern. In the end you're forgotten, so completely it hurts anyone who thinks too much.

Long as I'm not hurting anyone, I'll do whatever I want to do for my own reasons. As long as I'm not hurting you, I'll not let you hurt me by your deceit, disapproval, self removal, or conditional affections.

"To thine own self be true"
    is prerequisite to a life that's fun to live, interesting, upwardly mobile, freely expressed and valuable to others of like mindedness. We're all in this together. Might as well be loving caring supportive friends. Life's too short for the inner turmoil that results when, out of your own insecurities you need to 'fit in', 'pass' or posses some elusive 'stamp of approval', no matter the source. I carry the imprimatur of my own style of beingness. This is sufficient.

Cue up the song
    [SIZE="4"]"I am what I am"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Crossdressing is of course something you do, but the reason you do it comes from who you are.

I don't hear the term bigender a lot here, but that doesn't feel too far off for me.

[size="4"]i am what i am, love it or leave it[/size]
    Last edited by lisa_alba; 08-01-2010 at 06:14 PM.

I'm a different person

I feel that I have created a new person I love being and living as Liza. So then I am

"Do you what you gotta do and don't misunderstand me...." Beth Gibbons and Rustin Man. For non UK girls, Beth was a memeber of a band called Portishead. Google it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Maria View Post
    "Do you what you gotta do and don't misunderstand me...." Beth Gibbons and Rustin Man. For non UK girls, Beth was a member of a band called Portishead. Google it.
    [SIZE="4"]No need to google, cool music.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Let's quote Popeye the Sailor Man

I Yam what I Yam! Guess that's my reason to dress.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katheryn
    Is this something you do or is this something you are?
    [SIZE="2"]I can safely say that if you are engaged in the act of crossdressing, and you made your way (via a circuitous route) to this place, you are a crossdresser. If you DO it, and yearn to learn more about it, you ARE one of us. It’s not a profession, you know. The level of interest may vary, and some are more passionate than others, but you are what you do, darling…

I have a second (or is it third?) cousin whose profession is photography, so he is a photographer. I take (make) photographs for my artwork, yet it is not my profession. However, I consider myself to be a photographer – it’s something I AM, because I’m passionate about it, and I want to grasp what I see. I once tried to talk to my more knowledgeable cousin about our mutual interest in photography, but I found out he had absolutely zero passion for his craft – he merely DOES it. Quite surprising, I must say. I imagine if someone (a male) puts on women’s clothing just for a laugh, he is DOING crossdressing, but isn’t an actual crossdresser by definition. It’s not what he IS. It’s a drag, but I digress…

In my case, this is something I AM, so I DO it. As they say in Kansas, “Where you all at?” Well, I’m all here, doing all this, so I all AM all that, OK? It all makes perfect sense to me… [/SIZE]

I would have not chosen to be a crossdresser, I did not choose to be a crossdresser. I was a crossdresser before I put on that first pair of panties, if I had not been a crossdresser I never would have wanted to wear them. Crossdressing is something I do because it is something I am.

For myself at least, it's all about who I am not "what" I or others seem to think I am.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I guess, that being a CD is who I am, because I've never been able to completely stop, and even when I stopped for a short time, it's all I thought about. I'm at the point now where I will never again try to stop, because it's who I really am.

Susan4- you beat me to it.

I dress therefore I am-I am therefore I dress.

Apologies Descartes.