Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How well do you "pass"?

How well do you "pass"?

This is directed at the M T F CD's and is not what you may think. I'm wondering just how well you all think you "pass" as a man in public. Granted we are genetic men but nothing is "automatic" and from many comments I read here not all are happy with that fact. Do you think you pull off a convincing "man" act when interacting with others in public or is it a struggle as your thoughts are more to being your femme side as you would rather do that? Why do you answer the way you do?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Interesting question

If someone was VERY observant when I'm in guy mode, they might notice my eyebrows - too well maintained for a guy, or my manicured hands ... sometimes with clear polish or traces of colour near the cuticles. Also soft and without hair up to my elbows.

Beyond that ... however, I pass very well. It's hard not too at 188 cm and with male pattern baldness. My voice is deep and I've never been called graceful.

So .. on a male scale of 1 to 10 ... I present as a 9 (smile)

Hugs
    Susan

Well, the thin shaped waxed eyebrows, long arylic pinkpainted nails, shaved legs, painted toenails with sandals (light pink), no hair on arms, pierced ears light maek-up and tight girls jeans or short shorts might give it away.

That's easy for me to answer. I look like a neanderthal (sp?) in guy mode. There is absolutely no doubt that I am a GM !

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    It depends on how closely you look. I always wear a charm bracelet. My socks today have flowers on them. My shirt buttons the "wrong" way. I'm wearing women's khakis and shoes (black New Balance).

No-one's ever said "isn't that a girl's ****"?

OK, one girl, maybe 11, last spring pointed at my bracelet and said "is that yours"? I said "of course! Who else would it belong to"? and she said "your wife. Or your daughter".

So 98%, but maybe to another cd, not so much.

Well, on a scale of 1 to 10, maybe a 9.

No hair on the legs, chest, arms, shaped eyebrows, and long fingernails are clues, but other than that I look pretty much like other GM's. My wife is not at all supportive, so using nail polish would lead to a tremendous fight, and I'm not willing to go there. If it weren't for her, my hair would be shoulder length, and both fingernails and toenails would jave nail polish. Then there would be no way not to notice!

Freddy

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    No problem for me I just stop shaving until I dress again

Some times i don't pass as a man in guy mode , ever since I shaped my eyebrows and got my hands manicured and lack of body hair i often get asked "are you a man or woman" sometimes is was sort of embarrassing especially at work.must have a neutral looking face.but now that im sort of out of the closet,i say im a woman.but i think if you look harder enough at me you can see im a guy.

I have no problems at all, I do act as a man during my normal "business" hours; give direct orders to my coworkers, talk logically to customers without gay manner.indeed, I told many of my coworkers I am into CDing. They all thought I was joking because I am always into girls & have good taste about women..CDing?Gay tho, which they don't understand.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Unfortunately for me I pass a little too well.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

NE FLA BETWEEN JACKSONVILLE & GAINESVILLE

Good Question

Unfortunately, I easily pass as a macho man when in my guy mode...long period of miliary service is probably a contributing factor along with my size (6'3" and 240 lbs). I am seriously thinking of having my ears pierced and it would be a complete shock to all who know me if I do so.

40+ years of testosterone, 6' height, former body builder, and what? May I help you maam? I don't think so. When they look at my shadow they say "yo dude, wanna have some bud with us" and yet after makeup, ok, lots of makeup, some pulling and shoving you get the idea, she shows up. 1 year into HRT ( yeee, not only CD but TG as well) and no one called me Maam although, I do get double take long lasting stares, to which I smile, and joy runs through my body for I know what they ask them selves: "what a beautiful man" maybe not, but at least I know something is working and one day in my drab I will go for a mundane thing to do and straight to my face clerk will ask; "will that be paper or plastic"......................maaam!

Nice replies. I wanted to see how others were as to dynamics and flexibility when confronted with the male presentation option.

Hello Denise!
    As always an interesting post from you. People looking at me know that I am a guy. I pass well as a guy. However, I do have feminine looks, poses, hand movements and comments thrown in. These are just part of me. I actually act the same when in female mode as well....just a completely different look on the outside.
    Charlie

Funny that you say that Charlie. I command both sets of movements and gestures as needed. Sometimes I "mix and match" them though and of course get some double takes but never any verbal comments.

Presenting as a male isn't a problem since it comes naturally. If someone were very observant they may notice shined toe nails or shaved armpits at the pool, perhaps a whiff of feminine deodorant. Performing as a female, now that is a challenge.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    When my wife was alive, and did my makeup and fixed my wig I was very "passable!" Very rarely did anyone realize I was really a man! She had the skill to really completely change my look to female! I can't do that at all! So I don't even try. I just go out looking like the man I am, but dressed completely enfemme! That is what Crossdressers do! Well, at least some of us!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I solved the male look poem for I went 247 over a year ago.

Really well. It was a huge shock when I came out to my workplace as a t-girl. But then I'm into sports and real ale and have never acted feminine in my male side.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    When I was in denial, although I didn't join in many of the traditional male pastimes, I apparently passed extremely well given that after I came out as TG, several people said that I was the last person they would have expected to tell them that.

However, I think that from the time that I accepted myself, my ability to pass as a male diminished quite radically. At Xmas, a GG asked me why I was not wearing a dress to a staff party (I had not yet cross-dressed at work) and for Secret Santa, I received a manicure set.

Today, I am accepted as a woman (albeit with an excessively deep voice) but can just about pass for short periods if I cross-dress as a man.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Well Im not a manly man. I have a higher pitched voice and have been called maam numerous times on the phone. I was once called a lady when i was biking in tight short, a bandanna, shedes and a tie die t shirt. However i dont think am especially fem as a guy maybe more adrogynous.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Sadly, I am a guy no matter whether I am dressed as one or not. My build is a pretty good give-away, and my voice seals the deal.

I never have been mistaken...I think it's much easier to pass if you have really short hair. I've only ever been mistaken because of my voice over the phone.

"Passing" as a man is not a problem...I have been practicing it for 28 years but people may natice the eye brows, and the long nails but when in drab I can pull off a convincing guy.

Fun loving Florida girl! tammygirl79's Avatar
    Not a problem for me at all. When i am a woman....i am a woman! When i am a man....I am a man. I honestly think that when i am out in guy mode, only anouther sister might actually think to themselves "I think he might be a cd". Because I do keep my eyebrows plucked. But I have hairy legs, chest & arms. The only time someone would get suspicious is if they see me out as a man, right after I was out as a woman and I had to save my arms, legs & chest. But I limit how often I go out to public places then, and i always wear long pants until my leg hairs grow back.
    Last edited by tammygirl79; 08-02-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Missspelling
    As a man I may look like I belong, but I don't feel like I belong...As a woman I may not look like I belong, but I feel like I belong!