Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over 60 and Feeling Younger When Dressed

Over 60 and Feeling Younger When Dressed

I agree I am over 60 and feel the same way, I even eat better wen fully dressed,

Platinum Member
    ok, Im not there yet but I know the feeling. I know I dress for myself and when I'm dressed, often I'll wear something not entirely age appropriate, but heck in private I can be 23 again, right? My wife works with seniors 80+ and even among them, the desire is to feel younger than they are. What the heck...it beats sitting in a rocking chair!

From what I've been able gather ...

...from this and other crossdressing forums, the general rule of thumb seems to be that when we are full-on en femme and have taken the trouble to get our make up just right (especially if we get a professional makeover) we generally end up looking a good 10 years younger than our male selves. That puts those of us in the 60+ age bracket in the mid-50's GG range. And since 50 is the "new" 40, that typically enables us to get away with wearing what a well-dressed GG in her mid-40's might have on and still come across looking elegant and well put together.

O.K., that may rule out mini-skirts, skin-tight tops, bare mid-riffs, and 5" stilettos unless we want to look like washed up streetwalkers, but there are still plenty of stylish clothes that we can wear that are not only age appropriate but also feminine and sexy while still being tasteful.

I personally prefer the "professional business woman" look when out in public as "Leslie", complete with tailored skirt suit, pumps, and hose, and have often been mistaken for a forty-something lawyer, woman executive, business owner, candidate for political office, or the like when out among other GG's.

Bear in mind, too, that what helps us here (despite having to deal with our bothersome beards) is that as males, we are not afflicted with some of issues that GG's in our bracket generally have to wrestle with - cellulite, "bat wings", "muffin tops", bloating, hot flashes, sagging breasts, bunions, and greater difficulty in shedding unwanted pounds due to hormone fluctuations etc. If anything, "man-boobs" can be a blessing for a crossdresser, and it is a lot easier for us to add padding to enhance our figures than it is for GG's to control and rein in excess body mass though uncomfortable shape wear, Spanx, and bras etc. that can sometimes resemble harnesses.

And as GG's have discovered long ago, make up is your friend and can transform even the ugliest duckling into a swan.

Aspiring Member

Never really thought about it

I don't know whether its secund childhood but crossdressing does take decades off the real me. times four

I've just turned 60 but even normally I don't feel like it. I feel that I should be about 50. However, when I'm all in my best as Samantha (most of the time) I feel that I ought to be 40. I try to dress between 40/50.
    Samantha.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I probably shouldn't say this, but I will! I am now 78 years old. I do not wear makeup or even a wig when I go out dressed because I am not good with either one. As a either a male or female, most people think I am in either my late 40's or early 50's. I guess that is because my late wife did teach me how to take care of my skin!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Well I am 65 and look younger than that in guy mode. I have naturally stwberry blond hair - no gray but when I am dressed I look even younger and feel as if in my 40's I have a wig my natural color and a reddish brown one that gives me "another look" but I do feel younger
    Debbie

Ten (or twenty?) years younger

No doubt about it ... most of us take off a decade or two when we go to our proper clothes. My mrs. agrees with at least 10 years. And the "boy and girl" picture threads confirm it.
    The downside is: trying to be satisfied with the male image I have to see most times in the mirror. Because I feel and know how much better "she" can look.

I usually dress age appropriately but I still look and feel younger when I'm totally en femme. People who know me as Bill have told me that I look 15 years younger when dressed and that's such a great feeling. I know their compliments are sincere.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina View Post
    I feel so much more alive when I am able to dress fully.
    That captures it just how it is for me too.

Consensus of opinion seems to be that we all feel, and look, younger when dressed (over 60 or not). Maybe someone should patent CDing

Do I agree with all of you, a lot younger. Have those little aches and pains in male mode, but after getting dressed and the wig and make up goes on, I grab my 3.5 inch heels and I can walk the walk. Like going for the early evening stroll at the wayside and enjoying the setting sun. I guess this is one way to stay young. Will have to dress 24/7, maybe the clock will turn backwards.

I'm just going to assume that if someone dresses at 60, they are finally living life out...that in itself will make you younger. I admire young people because they have such innocent vitality. I don' t see the diff here with young folks and older folks. Being old is when you finally resign to a situation that you think you have no control of.

As or me, I may retire, but I will never completely retire. My dream is to be an artist living in a quaint coastal town, while making Nathalie a well known and integral part of my life (part-time or full time, it doesn't matter). Beyond retirement age, I hope I'm able to do it well in my 80's and beyond.