Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Height

Height

So I was thinking about height the other day. I'm 5'9" and the boots I wear pretty much every day take me up another two inches. So I've always felt that I was pretty lucky with my height, it does help me fit in when I'm a guy. Plus, in my family I am freakishly tall and I enjoy that. Although I wish I was two inches taller so that I was taller than my dad. :P

But yeah, it got me to thinking, how tall is everyone here? And do you have issues with your height?
    Come on goats, time to go home!

Not-quite-5'5". Tends to make me feel inferior to other men. A lot.

5'3" =/

Don't like being short but nothing can be done about it so no point letting it bother me. I just keep in mind that there are plenty of short men out there.

Platinum Member
    4ft 8in and im used to it now...doesn't make me less of a man for being short, ive known other bio guys who are short

Yes, there are a lot of short men out there, and they have a certain charm. I like 'em.

I guess I blend in pretty well. At 5'7" I'm a bit taller than average for a woman, and a little shorter than average for a man. I used to worry about my height when I was younger, but it can't really be changed, so why worry?

5'7". depending on my shoes, I might get up to 5'8".
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    5'5"? Pshhht. The way you complain I would have thought you were two feet tall. One of the most awesome guys I ever dated was about your height, maybe a little shorter. And remember this: height doesn't matter when you're lying down.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    5'5"? Pshhht. The way you complain I would have thought you were two feet tall. One of the most awesome guys I ever dated was about your height, maybe a little shorter. And remember this: height doesn't matter when you're lying down.
    exactly im 2ft when in my wheelchair...and you're right about the laying down thing

All the trans men I know are considerably shorter than me (I'm 6 foot even). It doesn't make a bit of difference, nobody would mistake them for women. I'd be proud to be seen on the arm of any of them.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

I'm 5'7". I kind of wish I were a little shorter. I think shorter guys are a bit more attractive. xD

But other than that, I'm cool with my height. Never really had any problems with it.

Looking to help others. christiek's Avatar

Maybe there is . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kaden View Post
    5'3" =/

Don't like being short but nothing can be done about it so no point letting it bother me. I just keep in mind that there are plenty of short men out there.
    Actually there is something you can do about it! (and its not as bad as trying to lose height . . . "Hey Doc! Will your break my legs and take a piece of bone out and make me shorter!" of course Ive seen it done the other way around as well) From some of the research I have done (I was looking into ways to boost the effectiveness of my hormones not that most would say I need it) I have found that it is possible to grow taller. At least there is a claim. And it makes sense. During puberty your HGH levels rise dramatically and are a big factor in the way your body uses the hormones that you are producing. I will be honest and say that I dont know much about FtM's. I have only ever met one. He was a great guy I wish I had gotten his (and his gf's) number before I left the state. (I just recently moved.) I am not sure what all you take normally but you may want to look into HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and the different types that are out there. I was going to take it for a while along with my hormones but one of the things I found is that it can increase height which I DONT want. Im lucky enough to be 5'6" naturally which is at the top of average for women but still in the norm! If any of you do look into this please let me know! Id love to hear about your results!

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    You have my deepest sympathy! (NOT>>>LOL)

Aspiring Member

3 'short' guys who changed the world

3 men who changed the world were five feet two: Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Ghingiz Khan. To create an illusion of length of body, just always wear waistlines that don't sit on your mid body... instead opt for low waist. If you add bulk to your torso, great! You will look bigger. But just dont get too bulky, you will only look dumpy then. If you are confident, you look nine feet tall. And Ze, you are not short. My dad is your height. And he's very macho: he used to be a boxer. and your recent photo is good. So lucky to have such nice hair!

A Mess of Contradictions
    Actually, Napoleon was 5'2 in the measurements of his time. Converting that to modern measurements, he'd be 5'6, which was pretty average in his day.

As for me, I'm 5'3, AKA "approaching Mickey Rooney levels of absurdity." I used to get insecure about it more, until I got out and started looking at some bio men. There are plenty of them out there who are 5'5 or shorter and have no trouble presenting. The hormones really do make all the difference.

Oh, and by the way, confidence will NOT make you look nine feet tall, no matter how confident you are. Well, unless it's making everyone around you look ten feet tall...? What it WILL do is help to reduce the difference between you and the other guys to the few inches it really is.

I'm 5'5". I really wish I was taller, my dream height is 5'11" but that'll never happen.

Aspiring Member
    AnonyMouse hullo.... I didn't mean literally as tall as the other guys. But a confident guy is noticed more than a quiet beanstalk, no??.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    But a confident guy is noticed more than a quiet beanstalk, no??.
    I think so. Height is unimportant, personality is the thing people really need.
    Come on goats, time to go home!

I am 5ft 4 and happy with it i mean my grandad was 5ft 3 all his life my brother 5ft so its not like i see it as a problem

I'm 5'5" and for the longest time it really bothered me. Until i got these...

http://www.rivithead.com/product_inf...roducts_id/484

now I stand at 5'11" while looking awesome too.

Though, I'm lucky because I've always had the goth/punk/whatever style thing going on... so I realize that something like this might not work for other people... but it's a huge confidence boost for sure.

I'm five-five or five-six and really wish I were taller. In my early teens when I realised I wasn't going to grow as tall as I wanted I got terribly, obsessively upset about it.

As funny as it may sound, I started feeling better about my height yesterday when learning that the average height of ninjas was 5'2". I randomly will be okay with my shorter stature, and then I will get into tangents of being obsessed with growing taller. But it is true that the height does not make the man.

Holy crap we should all dress up like ninjas. Freak some people out.

Trans ninja squad, gooooooooo.
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

This is making me want a Captain Planet ring from a cereal box.

Platinum Member