Thread: Saturday Night's Outing

Departed

Saturday Night's Outing

Friday night was a lot of fun and a great tension reliever. Even though I had told myself I was going out both Friday and Saturday, all day Saturday I was almost dreading keeping that promise to myself. Finally I just decided to stay in hoping I wouldn't regret it later. But by 8PM I was bored stiff and not at all tired. I tossed going out around and around and finally said, "Just do it!"

When I got to Escapades the place was pretty empty but within an hour or so it was filling up fast. I was talking to a guy I just met who seemed pretty nice and didn't notice much the clientele filling the place. That was soon to end. Maybe there was a sign on my back but all of the sudden I was getting hit on and being asked to dance. My mood quickly changed to irritated and if this one guy asked me to dance one more time I was going to scream!

I looked at the clock and then scanned the room for anyone I knew. No one. I decided to go.

(Now a return to the past)
    As some of you know, I had become friends with a certain girl (GG). We became very close. She and I bonded like I had with no one else in my life. This was a friendship, not a romantic interest, as we both were attracted to GGs. But our relationship had grown into a very deep and close friendship. We shared things with each other we never shared with anyone else in our lives. This was something special and we swore to each other this was a bond for life. And that came from our hearts.

What most of you don't know is we had a gross misunderstanding about three months ago and all contact stopped. It was at the same time I was finalizing my divorce. It wasn't a good time in my life. I didn't talk about it because it hurt too much. But not a day went by that I didn't think about her. I missed her terribly.

(Back to last night)
    I was tired of the guys, bored and now in a bad mood. It was time to go. I then glanced over at the door and in she walks. We locked eyes and instantly we knew. She came up to me and we hugged for a long time. Nothing else existed for me then. I had my soulmate in my arms and we were saying to each other 'I love you' and 'I missed you'.

For all the times I've been out dressed and thinking of all the fun I've had, none of it can hold a candle to how great it felt to have her back in my life. There's no pictures from last night. No description of what a fun time I had last night. No feelings about how great it was being out dressed. None of that matters. My baby is back in my life and that's all I wanted.

Now I know why I had that nagging feeling if I didn't go out last night I'd regret it.

What Me Worry
    Great story see you never know what will happen if you don't force your self to do things which may seem to be a problem. I am glad you made a connection which seems to be good for you. When we seem to be down it always good to have the clouds part and see that ray of sunshine. Your posts are so positive that I draw inspiration from your stories. Thanks

gee julie,sound like your of to a good start hold on tight to her she sounds like a very special person
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 08-28-2005 at 07:11 PM. Reason: typed in to the wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Marie
    Friday night was a lot of fun and a great tension reliever. Even though I had told myself I was going out both Friday and Saturday, all day Saturday I was almost dreading keeping that promise to myself. Finally I just decided to stay in hoping I wouldn't regret it later. But by 8PM I was bored stiff and not at all tired. I tossed going out around and around and finally said, "Just do it!"

When I got to Escapades the place was pretty empty but within an hour or so it was filling up fast. I was talking to a guy I just met who seemed pretty nice and didn't notice much the clientele filling the place. That was soon to end. Maybe there was a sign on my back but all of the sudden I was getting hit on and being asked to dance. My mood quickly changed to irritated and if this one guy asked me to dance one more time I was going to scream!

I looked at the clock and then scanned the room for anyone I knew. No one. I decided to go.

(Now a return to the past)
    As some of you know, I had become friends with a certain girl (GG). We became very close. She and I bonded like I had with no one else in my life. This was a friendship, not a romantic interest, as we both were attracted to GGs. But our relationship had grown into a very deep and close friendship. We shared things with each other we never shared with anyone else in our lives. This was something special and we swore to each other this was a bond for life. And that came from our hearts.

What most of you don't know is we had a gross misunderstanding about three months ago and all contact stopped. It was at the same time I was finalizing my divorce. It wasn't a good time in my life. I didn't talk about it because it hurt too much. But not a day went by that I didn't think about her. I missed her terribly.

(Back to last night)
    I was tired of the guys, bored and now in a bad mood. It was time to go. I then glanced over at the door and in she walks. We locked eyes and instantly we knew. She came up to me and we hugged for a long time. Nothing else existed for me then. I had my soulmate in my arms and we were saying to each other 'I love you' and 'I missed you'.

For all the times I've been out dressed and thinking of all the fun I've had, none of it can hold a candle to how great it felt to have her back in my life. There's no pictures from last night. No description of what a fun time I had last night. No feelings about how great it was being out dressed. None of that matters. My baby is back in my life and that's all I wanted.

Now I know why I had that nagging feeling if I didn't go out last night I'd regret it.
    I have to say that is the most beautiful and emotionally uplifting story I have heard here thank you

Friends make everything wonderful and worthwhile.Glad to hear that you are happy again.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

wonderful. you never know. i wish i had someone like that to share things like my dressing.

Great ending to a great story Julie. So very happy for you that you reunited with your soulmate...that's just the best honey!

Tristen Cox
    Julie you know this but I'll repeat it. Dressing is a temporary, true friends are forever I couldn't be happier for you.