Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inquiring minds want to know Week 16

Inquiring minds want to know Week 16

More questions from our GG's if you can help with answers we thank you.

Week 16

43)Do you dress as an escape from problems in r/l?

44)If you do how would this help? I would think it would make things worse. Enlighten me.

45)Do you sometimes resent family time because you would rather be dressing? ( this is for the ones that keep it from the family)
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

[QUOTE=Di;2229383

Week 16

No, the more problems i have the less i want to dress in a more fem way .

44)If you do how would this help? I would think it would make things worse. Enlighten me.
    N/A

45)Do you sometimes resent family time because you would rather be dressing? ( this is for the ones that keep it from the family)
    N/A
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Week 16

No, I dress cause I like for my outside to look like my inside.

Yes, it has made things worst.

I resent family time cause my grown sons think they know everything. That is only one of the reasons I now live alone.

Smile Week 16

43)Do you dress as an escape from problems in r/l? No, I dress because it is who I am.

44)If you do how would this help? I would think it would make things worse. Enlighten me. N/A

45)Do you sometimes resent family time because you would rather be dressing? ( this is for the ones that keep it from the family) I live alone and i am used to dressing every day. But when i do have family stay over from time to time after a few days i am ready for them to go so i can dress again.
    Mistybtm

Aspiring Member

Week 16

43- I don't really have any problems except those of the sort we all share. Dresiing is something my wife and I enjoy and that's why I do it.

44- My dressing as a woman makes things neither better nor worse.

45-I have a very small family and they donn't spend enough time here to call it intruding.'

Danielle
    Last edited by Danielle Gee; 08-08-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: eye kan't spel

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    43. No, I dress simply because I like to! Correction, make that I dress because I LOVE to!!

44. I don't think it would help at all. Might make the problem much worse.

45. My family has always come first, and always will! Without question!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    43. N0,I dress for fun and enjoyment, not to escape the real life in itself but because I find myself homely as a man, inferior and low esteem, but dressed and impersonating a woman , my confidence in myself and my looks overcomes all liabilities about my male appearance and and boosts my self image and self confidence where I am more comfortable.
    44. no, it gives me 3 to 4 hours of emotional joy and contentment where I take on the looks and persona of Megan, then go back to ugly old ( male name)
    45. no, does not apply to me at all.

Yes, but not on a large scale. CDing is a fun activity, so it's an escape in the same was any other fun hobby would be to a non Cder

If you've had a tough week at work, or a stressful day many people may want to unwind by watching a DVD or having a couple of drinks, or going to the gym. I get the same stress relief by bringing Tash out of the cupboard and hitting the shops for a while.

No, because I have an understanding wife. I get enough Tash time to balance everything nicely. Not to say I don't want more time though.

43) On occasion, but mainly it is just fun.

44) Tough one. I don't view en femme as a costume, but it defiantly isn't the norm for me so in a sense it is stepping outside my life for a short time

45) My closest family is a five hour drive away so I enjoy the time I get to spend with them.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post

Week 16

No, I started dressing at about 6 years old, not sure what problems I could of had that would want to make me dress up in girls clothes, I was to young for the draft.

You are probably right, it could make it worse

The only thing I resent about family time, is not enough of it!It really is more about whats inside, and it's need to come out, not about the outside influences of life.
    Tina B.

Week 16

This may have been true at one time (or just a justifcation). Now, it is becuase I feel
    "right".

The people who have responded to this type of question in other quorums usually state that "dressing" can be a form of "escaping" for a time from life's normal expectations of the male personna.

Yes, this has happened to me.
    Hugs, Carole

Week 16

Answers...

43). Yes, but that is not the only reason I dress. Furthermore, I do not dress every time I face a problem in R/L, just those on-going things that start to drag me down.

44). The brief hour or two of escapism gives me distance from the problem, and the break helps clear my mind. When I have finished dressing (usually the next morning) I can look at the problems I face with a clear mind, not a mind full of conflict and confusion. I have to say though, I do get very bogged down and confused when faced with emotional dilemma, probably more-so that is considered 'normal' which my invalidate my answer somewhat.

45). Sometimes it can be irritating when I want to dress, I am at the point of dressing (all the bathroom stuff done) and only THEN does my mother ring the doorbell, it's more a laughable co-incidence these days than anything I resent. Certainly the needs of my daughter are paramount, and I regularly dismiss the need to dress when her needs are, to me, more pressing.

43. No
    44. N/A
    45. No, I only under dress at the moment, though I wish I was brave enough to crossdress completely.

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    43)Do you dress as an escape from problems in r/l? No ~ problems in real life don't affect my desire/need to dress.

44)If you do how would this help? I would think it would make things worse. Enlighten me. N/A

45)Do you sometimes resent family time because you would rather be dressing? ( this is for the ones that keep it from the family) I've missed some vacations because I'd rather stay home and dress. I'm sure this confuses the boys, but I consider it a compromise. I try to make it up in other ways.

Yes, I do sometimes dress as a means of escape!
    I sometimes like to avoid the problems of the day and have a little segment of time to enjoy myself. I know the problems are still there, but at least I don't dwell on them and bring myself and everyone else around me down. If I get a chance to do this then I feel some balance.

The only time that I might feel that way would be if the Family time was way out of balance and I had absolutely no time for me. I enjoy spending time with my Daughters and Wife.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    #43 No problems will still be there,whether I'm dressed or not

#44 N/A

#45 N/A regarding wife and stepsons,as they know I dress.

As for the rest of the family.apart from our parents,shameful to say we really don't get together that much so Its not too much of a hardship to stop my dressing for a few hours on the rare occasions we do get together
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Nope. I wear what I like and look how I like because I LIKE IT!!! LOL. I like the feel of the clothes, and I like how they look. That should be enough reason.

The thing that makes it "complicated" is dealing with closed minds. Minds that cannot let go of the idea "a man looking like a woman is either gay, or nuts or both". Minds that feel a need to dictate to me how I can look. Minds that would even give me a chance based on my appearance. That is what causes stess.

I only resent family time when my family restricts what I can wear, while they look how they wish. My mother is a prime example. She openly wears jeans, but jumps all over me if I wear my leggings. Applies 50s style restrictions on me, but not on herself.

43. Not so much as an escape but more of a meditation device (for me at least). Dressing allows me to calm down (with the whole 'ritual' of dressing, makeup, etc) and then to think things through. Some people drink or exercise, I wear a dress

44. See above. Though it does not always work it really helps me to see things in a different light.

45. Well, I have no children so 'family time' to me is just my parents and relatives so the answer is yes since many of my family are rather bigoted. I do not think it would be the same if I had children as I cannot remember ever wanting to do anything else when doing things with my brother's children.

I hope this helps

No, the more problems i have the less i want to dress in a more fem way .
    I did 4 years ago when I was going through a very tough patch. I had never done that before or after.

N/A
    It allowed me to escape the house and go for a walk dressed in my neighborhood late at night. I needed the alone time where I was able to be free of the problems at home. It did cause it's own problem because I couldn't get caught and luckily I didn't.

N/A
    N/A
    Michelle

Week 16

In part yes, when I feel I want to escape the pressure for a short while this is my route and yes to me it hals me greatly

It creates an alternate place to be and think, it is not running away it is a short term change of situation by injecting a highly plesaurable activity guaranteed to make me feel better whilst it continues

I get a reasonable amount of time and resent more work, when that injects itself into the Gillian days, which is not often in truth as I plan my own diary and have a decent way of keeping them to days my wife works and I am at home and vice versa.[/QUOTE]
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

43. yes in the past but no longer as i've transitationed

44. yes in that i've always been female inside. and it has made some problems worse

45. n/a in my case (Hubby and kids) been this way seemingly forever never hid it from them before trans

Danni

Not intentionally; but when I dress up, I focus on different subjects. I don't have a lot of real life problems, other than being lonely because I crossdress and can't bring myself to tell anyone I might want to date!

44)If you do how would this help? I would think it would make things worse.
    It sort of does both; it helps me destress by focusing on something other than whatever problem is there, and makes it worse by allowing me to do that and not find a solution to the problem. Then again, I have all the information I need, and stopped trying to find a new solution years ago. I'm simply not able to accomplish what is necessary to date again. Also, the more I crossdress, the more it seems normal to me. And, the more female stuff I buy. Filling my house with girl things won't make it any easier to ease a new GF in to the situation.

45)Do you sometimes resent family time because you would rather be dressing? Not applicable. I live alone. Although, I do put off going out and doing errands because I'd rather stay home and stay dressed in my girl clothes.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

It's funny. As much as I feel CDing is an escapist type hobby to me I don't use it as a means to escape problems in RL. If anything, I feel vulnerable and emotional when I'm in girl mode which I feel is appropriate if I have any problems. I like being able to have the ability to visually show my inner emotions and feelings.

N/A

Not at all. CDing is more than a hobby for me - it's a lifestyle But that doesn't mean that I need to present myself to my family this way.

I dress because of who I am as a person. It takes me from great to grand.

N/A

my family always has considered to be effeminate. I have a swish, use my hand to talk, and have dressed with a certain flamboyance. I wear two earrings. They know I own pumps and wear some makeup when I dress up even if it is just mascara and some eyeshadow. They smile....
    So, nothing to resent

Former Member
    Week 16

No, I dress strictly for enjoyment / recreation.

You are right, it would make things worse.

No, family time is the most important and enjoyable time I have. Crossdressing isn't even close.