Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age is creeping up on me, dammit!

Age is creeping up on me, dammit!

OK, so I have been collecting my pieces for Halloween over the last 6 months (I'm not rich and need time to save). This year I'm finally going to do the classic French Maid. Unfortunately I am large, and now 42 years old. What's that have to do with anything? My once nice legs are now full of scars, spider, and varicose veins. I really wanted to use a pair of sheer stockings for my costume, but my legs are so ugly now that I believe that I'm going to have to use opaque instead. I am royally bummed, but I'll live with it. Thanks for the bandwidth, I just wanted to vent and whine.

Gold Member
    I am sure you really want to hear this but I am 35 and my legs look as good as some 21 year old women's

Ya know, you could wear like 2 pairs of pantyhose, I mean drag queens do that a lot especially cause drag queens are not really CD per se and don't shave their legs.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Well, you said you are large, and opaque (black) stockings can have a slimming effect. Black stockings would be very appropriate for a maid's outfit.
    Here's something I did to enhance the outfit without spending a lot of money: I made a lace headpiece. I bought I cheap plain headband at Walmart, went to the fabric/crafts department and bought some lace. It's sold by the foot, so you don't need much. I went home and hot-glued the lace to the headband. Turned out very cute. I have a album pic showing it.
    Have fun.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You are complaining about getting old and you are 42?? I have 2 children older than you!!

I am 78, and my legs have won several awards at fairs, etc. over the years. On a dare, I entered a contest when I was in the Navy. 4 GG's and I stood behind curtains which allowed us to extend one leg out in front. The audience had to judge which was the best looking leg. I won a pair of nylon stocking for having the best looking leg there! Since then I have won other times, always competing against GG's. My legs still look pretty good for an old ****! Probably because as a CD I have always taken care of my skin! For those of you who don't know, I have been a CD for over 70 years!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I hear ya, about the age thing!

I'm in my mid 40's now, and it certainly takes a bit more effort to keep in shape that it did in decades gone by

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Well, you said you are large, and opaque (black) stockings can have a slimming effect. Black stockings would be very appropriate for a maid's outfit.
    My thoughts exactly.

Have fun.

Tash

So whats wrong with scarred, hairy, overweight french maid, oh well make it an "Austrian Fräulein maid" it will fit the character better

No excuses! I saw a add on TV for a cream Joanne Rivers is selling that covers everything, She claims it works on her legs, and you can bet the farm she is over 42.
    Smart cover, or smart something, look into it you have plenty of time.
    Tina B.

Banned Read only

aging

yes we all fear getting older sometimes. But with age coms wisdom though that I wouldn't trade that for anything except being 23 again. But I am now 53 and the years go by faster all the time like I heard they did when I was a child. But I still get carded to buy alcohol. Just keep lotions on you’re your skin and take very good care ot it all the time.

How absolutely wonderful to have to prove your age to buy alcohol ! Cherish your looks, and long may they last.
    I have to plaster on the make-up to hide the worst wrinkles, and in boy mode have no difficulty getting old age pensioners' concession tickets into cinemas &c

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Kimmy,I hear you Sister,age isn't creeping up on me it's jumping on me from a great height,My legs are still my best feature,but I notice varicose veins creeping in and the graze I got from Playing football isn't disappearing too readily.
    My Miss Lovely Legs success seems so long ago in the midst of time,but hey I still feel 21 inside and that helps keep me going,and dammit I plan on growing old (dis)gracefully LOL

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I feel your pain!
    I've even made a few posts like this my darn self! lol

Thanks ladies, commiserating seems to be the best way to deal with some of these issues. My spider veins are bad enough that 2 years ago a friend asked me why I didn't shave my legs. I had, she could see the blue veins through my pantie hose. And I "wanted" very sheer seamed stockings with Cuban Heels this year. But fashion sense and pride says that Opaque will have to do. What do you ladies think of these?
    http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-si...s-hosiery.aspx

Seems like a decent compromise to me...

Gold Member
    I think those stocking would be perfect for the outfit you're planning Kimmy. Go for it girl and have fun...and forget about the age thing. It's only a number!

Just wanted to ask...did you think of wearing opaque nude tights with your black sheer stockings over? That would give you the no vein look with the sheer tights you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeify View Post
    Just wanted to ask...did you think of wearing opaque nude tights with your black sheer stockings over? That would give you the no vein look with the sheer tights you wanted.
    I thought of it. I will be wearing a corset though, and between the wanting the garters to be unimpeded, and the fact that the tights would make going to the bathroom a much more challenging experience. Whether anyone else can see it or not I want a clean look for my undergarments. And with the dress that I bought a lot will be showing.
    http://www.thesissystore.com/maids-u...n-serving-maid

If I wear tights I'll feel the need to tuck the waist under my corset for looks, and to allow garter access. But that kills toiletry access. I appreciate the ideas though.

I know where you are coming from... my legs are a mess

I'm just a bit older than you, and my legs are a reminder of years of injuries from mountain biking, road biking wipe-outs, mountain climbing and a list of other outdoor sports. During the Summer, on top of that I usually have cuts and scrapes from hiking through thorns and brush while wearing shorts.

It is the main reason I can't dress too often in the Summer. The only way my legs are presentable are when I can wear opaque tights, or ankle length skirts.

I've found that I can get rid of a lot with some makeup on my legs before putting on the stockings. I have dermablend (or maybe even a concealer would work) followed by a light coat of powder. When I put PH on top of that, it doesn't fix everything, but I'd say that 90% of the 'damage' is hidden.

My other problem isn't as easy to fix. I'm athletic enough that I have very muscular legs (from 3,000+ miles of cycling per Summer). When I stand, I don't just have curves, but knobs and bumps on TOP of the curves. Great legs for a guy, but pretty hard when presenting as feminine!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

At least once you hit 40 your height starts shrinking and you don't stand as tall in heels... The bad part is everything cracks when you move... as for looking good, I think it has more to do with what you do to disguise your usual self.
    Chickie

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

hmm

Why not wear your stockings over flesh-colored opaque tights???

tina

Hi ,

Oh dear , even my s o Jos , has said my legs look better than hers will i say more , body shape ,breasts , i best stop now .
    & ill be 63 on wensday a bit over a day to go , oh please , its not all doom & gloom ,

Just kidding , some of us have the looks in some places & others , its inside so dont dispare we all have good points ,

,,,noeleena...

Yep, the "primer coat" (one pair of hose underneath) first, then you apply the actual "paint" (2nd pair, outer hose). Basic painting, just like housepaint...lol.

Dermablend does sell a "concealer" specifically for legs, as already mentioned.

Getting a tan helps tremendously.

It seems the older we get, the more make-up we require. At some point, I suppose we will all begin to resemble the lifelike figures in a wax museum.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well Father (or Mother) Time waits for no one but we are illusionists after all and have the foremost world authorities on that on this Forum. P.S. Try Butchers Broom for the veins Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Age is mind over matter

If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. I'm almost 50, and when I dress out, for some reason it takes about 10 years off of my appearance. My legs are probably my best asset, but that is only a small percentage of my presentation.

Joyously 27

Red face Age is creeping up on me

That is happening from the moment we are born. Your going to a Halloween party and not
    a Screen Test. The parties I been to are funny so forget the spider veins and have a BALL.

With those sexy stockings, everyone will notice your legs... and nobody will notice the veins. Stop being your own worst critic and have fun.

Former Member
    I hear ya Sister!