Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The lengths we'll go to look believeable

Aspiring Member

The lengths we'll go to look believeable

Hi Ladies:

As I read thru the various posts on this board, I stuck by the lengths some of us will go to perfect our image.

Breast forms seem to be the most common article used by most of us. Butt and hip pad seems to be fairly common also. Corsets, girdles, and waist cinchers seem to be widely used also.

Other than the breast forms, I don’t use any of that stuff, even though I have at least one of each of the aforementioned items in my lingerie drawer. Every time I’ve attempted to mold my body into a shape other than my own, I've been so uncomfortable it took a lot of the enjoyment out of dressing.

Now if I “pass” or not is a question the rest of you girls to decide, My photos are there for all to see on my profile page. But I’m quite sure that if being uncomfortable was a key factor in CDing, I think twice about indulging in it.

So I’d like to begin discussion of this, What is your reason for wearing this kind of lingerie, and is your comfort a factor in your decision or is your outward appearance the deciding factor?

I love to hear your comments on this subject

Danielle

Hi Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    Breast forms seem to be the most common article used by most of us. Butt and hip pad seems to be fairly common also. Corsets, girdles, and waist cinchers seem to be widely used also.

What is your reason for wearing this kind of lingerie, and is your comfort a factor in your decision or is your outward appearance the deciding factor?
    I use breast forms, a waist cincher and butt / hip pads. The reason is to present myself the best I can, that's also why I use make up and wear a wig.

Another reason is that I have a fairly slim athletic body, dresses and skirts just hang limply off me without the"assistance" the body devices give.

Comfort is compromised a bit with a waist cincher, but if it's not applied too tightly it's not too much of a problem.

Hope this answers your question.

Tash

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    The two main reasons i dont go for the extras like hip and bum shapers,corsets and girdles is lack of Finance,and I think some of them would feel uncomfortable.

I would rather spend my cash on nice outfits,lingerie etc,I do of course wear forms and wig but that is as far as I would go.I do feel natural this way without all the extra padding,maybe that's just me
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    What is your reason for wearing this kind of lingerie, and is your comfort a factor in your decision or is your outward appearance the deciding factor
    A little of both. I use breast forms and hip and bottom padding. I used to use a corset but I stopped because in high heels it hurt my lower back if I stood up for too long, although my waist and overall shape looked awesome .... even if I do say so myself (and shouldn't!)
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I totally agree with the comfort thing. It's no use torturing yourself. If you look around at GGs, even young ones, most haven't got figures to die for, and fortunately nowadays most femm sizes reflect this.
    Breast forms are a 'sine qua non' of course, and a limited amount of waist clinching works well too. I can also understand the use of butt & hip pads, but to date I haven't tried them

Mind you, I'd be all in favour of gadgets to reduce height by about four inches, shoulder width by about the same, and foot size by a number four as well!

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Unlike Tash above, I do not have a slim, athletic body :-) -- my build is more the body-builder type, without all that troublesome muscle.

I use forms, hip/butt pads, and a torsette, in an effort to have a curvy body, which is how I like to imagine myself, although much less wide-shouldered. I don't fool myself that I could surpass any kind of scrutiny, and it's not for that ... it's for my own self-image.

I use all of the above to obtain the look that I want for my body shape. Not much discomfort and well worth it all for the end results. I dress to go out, so presenting well to the point of being attractive to others is my goal. In male mode I look, act and have the mental attitude of someone much younger than myself and want to present myself en femme similarly. I try to look and act the part, except for my voice, which one day I may be able to master.

I use them all

Hi!
    I like to wear a cincher, breast forms, hip pads, false eyelashes, whatever. I think it is part of the thrill of being a complete female. I like the tightness and the challenge of walking in a corset and high heels. My wife complains about high heels but, I feel special when my hips are forward and my calves are flexed. It is worth the effort to look and feel oh so feminine.
    Hugs,
    Connie

I love corsets always did, there is something sensual in the garment accentuating female form to an extreme. Love the look and the feel. Said that if I had a body of Eva Mendes, Oh la la, I would probably go half the time without the corset. But that will be, wait let me calculate, Never! So second best is having it on all the time. I am too a naturalist at heart and don't use anything else, whats more because my breasts are still fairly modest I don't use a bra but await that wonderful day when girls will fill the cups. I am so to speak like a early teen getting to know my inner woman.

Sorry for getting sidetracked ... but

Quote Originally Posted by Maryesther M. View Post
    Mind you, I'd be all in favour of gadgets to reduce height by about four inches, shoulder width by about the same, and foot size by a number four as well!
    I would so go for one (or more) of these gadgets

Smile

i think i would like to get a smaller waist/belly....but at this time only spandex gets the prize.

hips and bumm. well lets just sit on that one.

It depends on what you wear. Dressed in a spandex body suit, the butt padding and forms are required to create the correct proportions. Jeans also, but a skit or dress you don't really need the butt padding. Comfort is secondary is it not?
    Chickie

Comfort is overrated. Most of us, including most GG's, are likely to trade some comfort for style.

I find that breast forms and hip/butt pads work well for me. I don't find them uncomfortable and don't even notice them when they're on.

What you may be experiencing is different rather than actually uncomfortable. Wear 'em all day every day and you'll probably start to forget about them.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The only "help" I use are breast forms to make the upper part of my body look attractively feminine and a shoulder length wig.. Don't want to be flat chested. Otherwise just sexy feminine clothes. Certainly also use a few makrup items, garter belt and nylons, sheer panties (usually thongs). Just want to be as feminine as possible.
    Dawn

I find that on longer dressing days, I will cinch in my waist and create a more feminine shape that does bring just a touch of discomfort (well you know) I enjoy that discomfort personally. I also wear a pair of black patent stiletto's that after a few hours do cause discomfort but again I accept this for the reason I have it. Only my form's (and I still use home made ones) give NO discomfort but do give huge, immense inexplicable PLEASURE! in a bra, the weight and feel cannot be described in truth.

I adore the look of them all together and like today for example, I have them in waiting along with control top hose, full make up and my wig of choice, a satin vest top and lilac pencil skirt,,,,,,,,,

I find it more than worth it!it's 7.30am and the transformation begins at 08.10
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I always wear large attachable breast forms and tightlace my corset.

The corset can be very uncomfortable but it gives me a butt, hips and a waist. I wear a high waist control top pantie to help hide my other side and round out the change between me and my corset.

Comfort is secondary?

I guess my approach is that if it is possible to do (modify) physically, via exercise/diet etc., that is what I do. Like if I was overweight, out of shape, etc (I am neither).

I have a high metabolism, athletic slender body (bone and muscle, no "fat"). So I do breast forms and wig (can't do that naturally) and the rest is just tweezers, razors, crayons and make-up...lol

corsets and padding are just things I have never thought about, I guess.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wear what is needed to make what I'm wearing fit right. I could go a little larger in breast size and a cincher is needed for the waist.
    Other than that I'm happy if I can blend as a middle aged, heavy set woman who dresses nicely.

I think more than anything else, we do it to convince ourselves. We want so much to believe we can be beautiful, feminine women, that we will go to any length to enhance the illusion. For while some can pass, the number who can count themselves as representitive of female beauty are few indeed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    I used to use all the goodies but have settled on just the breast forms and that is only because my breasts are only an "A" right now so I do need that for the sake of presentation. It has been noted that the women of today have less than the "figure to die for " so comfort and just being who I am is what is most important.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

is there anyone out there that doesnt use forms?

i havent purchased breast forms yet, and i feel like im getting along fine with a molded/padded bra. i have been somewhat satisfied with a c cup. do forms really make that big a difference in look, or is it feel?

I use all, breast forms, hip and bum shaping, and usually, but not always a waist cincher, and I do not find them at all uncomfortable. The key is to get the right size.it really does make all the difference.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am a natural 40 B, so don't use any breast forms! There is a padded panty in a dresser drawer, but I can't tell when I last wore it. I do not own any of the other mentioned items.

I am a man, with no desire to become a woman. Since my wife is no longer here to do my makeup and fix my wig, I go out in public totally dressed enfemme but looking like the man that I am. Those that don't like the way I look don't have to look at me!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

[SIZE="3"]Kaley, I use water balloons, or gel balls. I can't afford breast forms, and actuall y like the balloon, as long as they are stronger, higher quality balloons. I am built like a defensive end, so, the only pads left, that i need, are football shoulder pads!! No, really, i just got a cheap panygirdle with hip pads. I stuck some added foam rubber, for butt pads. I think it made me look a little better, but not that good/ I think i will stuff the padding in my regular girdle, and see how it works.[/SIZE]

Well I've used all of the enhancements but the truth is no matter how "cutesy" we look the thing that really sells the image is how we come across. You can spend all you want on the 5% appearance but the 95% attitude is what really clinches the deal.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning