Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When was your first time with makeup

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar

When was your first time with makeup

I was wondering when was the first time you ever remember putting on ---or had any kind of makeup PUT on you?

I was 12 but had developed a kind of "fear"/facisination with LIPSTICK by the time I was 8 years old--- I finally (age twelve) got tired of being freaked out about it, and one day when home alone, in an act of bravery, I actually took my mother's dark red lipstick and put it on myself.

First a light "brushing" of it against my lips---it left some color--and I was still ALIVE, so I got braver and slathered it on.---It excited me quite a bit----For a while, An ocasional lipsticking was all the CD I ever did---I never even thought about or considered clothing, etc.---Drat! my mother's high heels would have fit me THEN too.---The lipsticking evolved into clothing and other makeup (actual CD), by the time I was 14----I was hooked since then.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 08-29-2005 at 10:38 AM.

Smile

Lippy when I was Nine, maybe ten ? I dont remember exactly, but it was about then that my sister got into senior school, and makeup... So it's gonna be about then that I would have started it too. My mum never wears / wore makeup so That would have been my first oppertunity.
    I know I was dressing regularly at the time in her school uniform, so I have little doubt thats when it would have been.

XX

Jayme.

I seem to recall having stage makup on for school plays etc. before I was 11 years old.

Stage makup again throughout high school acting career.

Infrequently I had it put on me for fancy dress partys etc. That included lipstick.

Now I am trying to learn how to use the stuff for myself, never really bothered over the years, I had a slightly feminine face anyway. Age is creeping up on me now though (38)!

Hugs, Rachael.
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

This morning, a little while ago. Oh, a long time ago, probably in the 60's. This morning, in guy mode, mascara and a neutral lipstick.

i know i tried lipstick when i was a little kid, don't remember exactly when. never did the whole rigamarole till about ten years ago. it felt great to put it all on.

ooxx
    Last edited by Mary M; 08-29-2005 at 07:02 PM. Reason: added hugs and kisses

Actually Marina it's hard for me to say really. I believe it was probably sometime in my early 30's though...a good 20 + years and some ago. I just remember that when I did it, it was full makeup, wig, dress, the whole shebang! (uh...pun somewhat intended there!)

It was when I really became aware of who I truly was inside...and maybe just who I should have been all along. I remember that I just stared at myself in the mirror for what seemed like ages at the time. It just looked right...and it felt right! Probably the night that Christine Renee...(and Renee does mean to be "reborn" after all)...and now Chrissie...was truly born!

I was probably 4 years old when I first put on lipstick. It's my first "CD" memory. I was in my mothers bedroom putting it on and she walked in. She thought it was cute and wanted me to go show my father. The thought of that nearly brought me to tears

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Banned Read only

Applied myself....

Mother's lipstick at age 13.

It was cheap, had a horrid smell, didn't taste nice and stained my lips.

Served me right for using it, but a few days later wore her expensive lipstick!

What Me Worry
    In high school I would use my mothers and sisters makeup when no one was home.

Hehe..... I actually got make-up on me, the first time, not out of my own choice!

It was only a year ago, so I was 17, and a few friends and I were on holiday up in York... on our own. Well, we were in my auntie's annex, but I digress. The girls (the both of them) were daring me and my other friend, male, to get a makeover done - all in the privacy of this annex. My friend actually wanted to do it, and agreed before I did. To him, it was just harmless fun - to me, however, I knew it would mean something completely different. I'd love it, and I know I would, but I'd have to show them I didn't enjoy it... in other words, lie.

So I had another drink, and said yes... and so it began. They drowned us in thick make-up - drag queen style. All a bit of a joke really, and so that's how I set it in my mind: a joke. I laughed along, commented on how big my lips felt with the gloss on (such good stuff!!), and all was well. Then we actually dressed up in each others' clothes. Funny - because neither of the girls had anything I liked, so I just had a serong and one of my white t shirts. A bit sh*t of me, really, seeing as I had dressed up before... but never fully.

The only other time I've had true make-up on, and wanted to do it, was a couple of months ago, around a friend's house. I'd recently come out to her about my CDing, and she made me up. It was fantastic, and she kept telling me how much it actually suited me. That was until the lipstick came on. I never really got lipstick - it's a bit too much for me. Lip gloss, yeh... but not lipstick. But that's just personal preference.

hugs xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Lipstick eearing in younger years seems to have been fairly common among us...that was my first CD experience, those pretty gold tubes in a lipstick holder by the sink in the bathroom, my mother's since I never had any sisters. Would wear it when she went out. I suppose I was about age 10. I wonder if she ever guessed I was using, kids are so sloppy seems like I would have left telltales signs somewhere. Will never know now though as she has, sadly, passed on.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

roberta55

1st time makeup

well, i remember a long time ago i was with some girls and guys and the girls decided to dress and make up a few of the boys, i refused, the other guy let them make him up, i thought he looked beautiful. i felt so bad that i refused and i still do who knows maybe that would have changed my whole life. i do know that now i love to dress and put on makeup and be a girl

Tristen Cox
    Last year. It was like falling in love all over again

My first Make Up

When I was 12 I shared a bathroom with my parents. It was a long double sink counter with my mother's make-up displayed in the center. I used to go in to take a shower and spend gobs of time trying on all her make-up. It started with lipstick at first the I gradually added foundation and eye make up. I used to love to use the eyelash curler, still do. I'd then get in the shower and wash it all off. No one ever caught me.

Love, Jo
    It is hard work to be beautiful.

What we are given is our Fate...What we do with it is our Destiny!

Haley Pink~

Hmmmmmmmm? Make up huh.

Well I was like 5 or 6 and found my Mothers Lipstick.

Haley

Banned Read only
    My ex-wife bought make up once and i experimented with it. Once she found out she threw it away. She never liked or does wear it anyway and still doesn't.

I have yet to buy some for myself. I may try one of the make up kits from a TG site that matches my complextion and everything. I have no idea what type to buy other then that.

Haley Pink~

Hmmmmm. As for my own makeup. Yeah I have some.

I buy for myself and it is on myside of the sink and In my purse. I don't use her makeup and I don't want her using mine, unless She does ask.

Oh! and By the way Amy check this link out Hun!

Neet purse thingy I have on order for my make up thingys.

https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vc...anizer/134597/

I think I was probably 11 when I first tried lipstick, it was a real red red, reminded me of the 1940's, felt very glamourous.
    After that I got the hang of eyeliner pretty quickly although took some time to master mascara, now I could probably do it with my eyes closed

California home of the beautiful people, except me of course
    Methinks the first time I wore any makeup was in my mid 30's and as you can see by my avitar I just ain't got it right, like ever!!!!

I first tried lipstick at a very young age like 10 or 11. I didn't get into everything else until I was a teen.

The first time for me was when I was 5 or 6. When my mother dressed me as a girl for halloween. I remember the bright red lipstick, something I would never wear now. LOL!!!!

Renee
    Last edited by renee k; 01-06-2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: grammar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

I was fascinated with make-up at about 8yrs. I would sit and watch my mother or grandmother put their make-up on and ask lots of questions. I remember a little brush they would moisten with their mouth and rub it along a small tray of dark brown or black waxy material and then apply it to their brows and eyelashes. I also remember the powder puffs and I hated that because I could never breathe properly when they applied the face powder. When the room was vacant, I would sneak in and practice applying the make-up. Once I dressed up with make-up on and walked out the back door proud of my effort only to be laughed at by my grandmother and neighbour. I must have only been 8 or 9 yrs old. Gosh brings back memories now.

This summer. A really really late start. Going to have a makeover next week. Can't wait!

Halloween, 5th grade, my mother and sister had a blast making me over, little did they know how much fun i was having!!

Kisses,
    Jonelle

80's hair metal band