Thread: Sudden Halt to CD

Sudden Halt to CD

Boy o Boy, or shoud I say Girl o Girl, did I get a sudden stop to crossdressing this week. My house burned down. I lost everything. Try getting waterlogged breast forms out of your house while EVERYONE is there. Got some time to myself in the burnt out shell of mine to bag some stuff up and haul it out to the trash. I have to live with my aunt for the next 6-12 months so no CDing for me. Thank God for YouTube so I can at least see some of my old videos on my new laptop. I hope I still keep the desire and maybe some cash for a new wardrobe once the house is all rebuilt. Talk about an unwanted and unexpected purge. Thanks for listening

Sorry about your loss. You will make it through this and end up stronger in the end. I know It don't feelike it now but it will.

girl about town
    Damn!
    Sorry to hear about your house!
    I'm sure that you will be able to find some girl time,
    one way or another.

Sorry to hear about your loss...and the little fire too. House fire is one of the things I'm paranoid about.
    Chickie

Terrible. So sad for you. At least you are OK.
    Mary

Always look for the silver lining....
    You're O.K. and there is SHOPPING TO DO!

Sorry for your loss. We will be here to motivate you as you need
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Platinum Member
    Bummer! But at least no one was injured. Insurance should cover the loss.

So, while you're living with your Aunt you have some things to think about. Would she be open to the subject? At least rebuilding your wardrobe and keeping it in your closet?
    Any other family members to consider?

I had a house fire years ago - minor really, but the acrid smoke smell permeated everything (and I mean everything). Some of my things went to the cleaners, but others had to be discarded.

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. If you can possibly look on the bright side, it gives you the opportunity to replace things that you no longer liked with better clothes. It's often difficult to see the silver lining, but if you look hard enough, you can find it.

Freddy

It may be a long wait until you can dress again, but be strong, I doubt you will lose any of the desire, if anything it may grow. Start saying all your extra cash, you will have 1 heck of a shopping trip coming when you get into your new place. Glad you are save at least, and have a place to stay.
    Tina B.

Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by "Mary" View Post
    Terrible. So sad for you. At least you are OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    Always look for the silver lining....
    You're O.K. and there is SHOPPING TO DO!
    Like mary said, at least your okay! Hope it all turns out well.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Tragic! I hope Insurance will cover some losses for you but the budget will be stretched for while I am sure.

Thank you all for your kind words of support. I appreciate it and am glad you are here and willing to listen and offer support. I must now live vicariously through you for 6-12 months. Thanks again for everything.

brittdoll

Smile

i would hate to have a house fire. as i do not own this place, sure have renters insurance..but what good is it really?

replacing clothing and "things" is easy. loosing all the photos and family items. is not so easy to replace.

glad to see you are ok and not hurt, that is the most important thing of all.

now it is time to go shopping

just think if only every third or fourth person here was to send you just one item. you would need a storage locker just to house it all. (after getting a new place that is).

I am so sorry to hear about the fire. I lost everything to fire back in 1993 and I still occasionally find myself looking for something I no longer have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I am so sorry, Britt! I am thankful you are ok. Material possesions can be replaced. .. ..

Oh, I am so sorry for you! I can only imagine what it would be like to have your house burned down! The "good news" is that you can replace the items that you want.
    Hugs, Carole

That's rough. Glad no one was hurt or killed. Do you mind saying what caused the fire?

Christine

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Britt, how TERRIBLE!

I must say you're taking it rather well!

A fire is the thing Sherry fears the MOST! She'd be, quite literally, burned up!

Followed by an earthquake and then, a burglery!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

i feel the pain

i know what you are going though but you will make it and rebuild and come out a new person with the right fitting stuff too just relaxs take your time and shop like you mean it girl
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

This is tough. Maybe a little perspective would help you. Look at all of the new clothes that you will be able to get when you finally go back out shopping.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Christineblake113 View Post
    That's rough. Glad no one was hurt or killed. Do you mind saying what caused the fire?

Christine
    At this point it is undetermined but many fire investigators, including ATF, believe it is arson. There has been a string of them in the area.