Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which came first???

Which came first???

Just for this GG's curiosity, when you started your cding, did you start out fully dressed (outfit, undies, full face makeup) or partial (undies only, clothing only, face make up only)? Andy why?

Aspiring Member
    My Sister started dressing me up when I was about five or six. The first time ever she dressed me in her best party dress and petticoat, lacey socks and Mary Janes. No wig or makeup, but she did put a barette in my hair.

Danielle

I started with small amounts of makeup and hair accessories, to begin with, because at the time I was doing my studies and everyone knew me in "male mode"

Moved onto dresses and other clothing a couple of years ago
    then came out of the "closet" last year

Furst steps

I started dressing at an early age, using my sister's clothing, later moved onto her undies and clothing, but at that stage even she didn't have makeup. That came much later, and the last pieces of the jigsaw were forms and a wig. Ironic really that I have now made the desicion to let my hair grow out!

Not far from Tolkien's Middle Earth in the UK
    Good question that girl!

My first fumbled foray into this was when I was 15 & decided I wanted to buy a bra. No major reason just had a driving wish too. Went waaaaaay (yes each "a" counts for 4 miles lol) out of town to ensure no one caught me. I didn't buy anything after that till I was 19.

I see people's comments about being dressed up by sisters or female friends...alas I didn't have that as cover :-p

Though in between 15 & 19 I had two close female friends - Kim & Kasia - who were sizes 6 & 8 (kinda lucky for me as I was thin) and were pretty quirky themselves. They didn't mind me borrowing their coats when we all went out for walks. They had long waisted coats which were gorgeous & so I asked to try them on "for a laugh" etc. I didn't think they were bothered whatever the reason was in retrospect.

I once got a little too tipsy at a club one night, came back to my best friend's & whilst under the influence jumped into his shower in my jeans & shirt. I blacked out & woke up to find myself wearing my friend Kim's black corset top. I was told that my shirt was wet & had been ripped so she had lent me her top (she had a change of clothes with her for work)
    Pretty random as my male friend's could have lent a t-shirt without any issue :-p Perhaps she thought I'd like that or something. I'll never know lol.

Now though I'm into Japanese fashion called "gothic lolita." Big dresses rock!
    I could eat Alice's imagination for breakfast & still have room for Narnia

At age 5 the first experiences were in kindergarten dressing in old dresses. That eventually changed to panties and bras for the longest time. I was 48 before I even tried fully dressed and went out dressed.
    Michelle

Gold Member
    Most definately partial. It was the teens years and it was one item at a time. If you count make-up into the "going all the way" formule, that wasn't even until last fall.

Platinum Member
    My first recollection was trying on one of my sister's slips when I was maybe 5 or 6 years old. I began very secretively dressing in my teen years - limited to panties and panty hose....rarely having the opportunity to try on a bra or a dress.

I underdressed as an adult with the knowledge of my x, then after some counseling, I got a grip on myself and was able to "come out" to my gf, later my wife. While the kids were home, I limited myself to underdressing, but once they left the next I started dressing pretty much full time. I rarely and minimally used make up in the past...but since I've been living more openly, my make up is more complete and frequent.

Banned Read only
    for me, it started with just a few specific items - high heels and panty hose. Over many years it expanded to include fetish-type outfits but, in the last 5 yrs, has evolved to a complete, mainstream presentation. I bought my first wig and makeup just three yearss ago, after having dressed one degree or another for 35+ yrs. Now, I am moving more towards full time femme presentation. Interestingly, i am wearing a wig less and my own hair, which i aam allowing to grow out, more

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

almost complete

My first time was planned: some of my wife's stuff, some I bought to go with it (stockings and shoes), an androgynous top (all this stuff was black!), but I was missing a skirt (this was for my wife, after all!). Within 10 seconds my wife said that we NEEDED to buy me a dress, and Tina was born!

tina

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]My CD adventure started out with nylon panties, then stockings and other female undergarments, and then skirts. It took a while to find tops that would fit and after that I got my first pair of heels. Ah...CD heaven. So things stayed at that state for a year or two and then I finally made the plunge and got a wig and makeup. Working on nails and a more varied wardrobe now and always collecting more heels.

At this point I won't even get dressed unless I can get all the way dressed with makeup and wig even if I'm not going out! It just doesn't feel right unless my presentation is complete whether anyone sees it or not.
    [/SIZE]

For me it was partial, I'd start experimenting with wearing things that I'd stumble upon and then it built from there when I'd like it.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

My earliest memories are wearing Mum's pantyhose from around age six/seven,but I have no memory of how or why I came to start wearing them.

I started young, and started out with what ever I could get my hands on, most of the time it was just underwear, but when the chance game it was everything is sight.
    Tina B.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I don't remember clearly, but it is most likely that I started with some nylons that had been thrown in the bathroom waste-basket. I'm quite sure it wasn't full dressing until I was about 44.

Banned Read only
    At this point I won't even get dressed unless I can get all the way dressed with makeup and wig
    I am like Lynn Marie, except i don't get dressed at all if i am not going out. Since i am "coming out" at work, this is actually quite frequent now

I dressed as fully as I could at the tender age of four. If I had makeup... I'd have looked more like a clown than a girl, but then... at that age, I don't think makeup would be appropriate

As to why.... Who knows ?

Definitely started with just panties for me, but now I hardly bother unless I can do wig and makeup! It's funny how wearing panties under my guy clothes used to be enough, but now I need to get all dolled up.

Shoes came first for me. I put on a pair of my aunt's heels when I was 9, and was a bit wobbly. I later wore a distant relative's heels with her blessing at 12, it was at this point that I'd pretty much mastered them. I went through high school trying to compensate by playing contact sports, which only led to my feet getting bigger...

Two moves and two purges later (one forced), I decided to take the plunge into the wonderful world of women's clothing. I'm still very much a shoe aficionado (I have more shoes than outfits to wear with them) but I'm slowly building up a feminine wardrobe too.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    First time was skirt, hose and heels. Then after a month or two I added panties and a top. then came a bra.

Then that Valentine Day's she asked would I shave off the moustache as her present for the day. Then, with nothing stopped me from using makeup I...yes...purchased a wig and makeup. I had very long hair in college.

And then I looked in the mirror.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Which came first

As an adult I started by painting my toenails and then I had to have high heels and hose to fully appreciate the look. I bought garage sale shoes and found Payless Shoe Source was easy to try on shoes without a clerk or being seen.
    After that I bought clothing items at garage sales and thrift stores.
    Later I bought some underwear at retail stores
    Later I bought a wig from Craig's List.
    Recently I started using make up and first used my wife's (without her knowledge) before beginning to buy my own at a drug store.
    Obviously things came a small step at a time.

Suzi Q

I started at 4 years old trying on corselletes, stockings and shoes. It evolved over the years, came and went, until this latest period, when I got into the whole overall look.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Around adolescence was when I first began wearing female clothing. First item was either my sister's pantyhose or my mother's high-heeled pumps, which I borrowed quite frequently. Lack of access to dresses resulted in using long t-shirts as substitutes. Dabbled in makeup occasionally-lipstick or nail painting but having to remove before emerging in public every time was too tedious so I rarely did that. Have never gone out in public but the first time I really attempted to fully dress I was probably about 30 years old.

White peasant blouse and a black skirt. Because that is what I found. A nightie was second, as I found it later in the same box that had been stored in the basement for several years.

Loved the blouse. It had an elastic collar that could be worn stretched over one or both shoulders, or neither one.
    DonnaT

my mother stored some of her foundation garments in my closet in a box when I was about 8....wait, I think that was a a set up. She actually dressed me in a dress and heels and wig-hat at 6 for halloween
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,